Author Topic: Movie Reviews  (Read 21397 times)

Offline MercuryAnne

Re: Movie Reviews
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2008, 06:23:44 AM »
I know this film has been around for a while (since 1995 actually) but I must say, The Basketball Diaries. If you haven?t seen this film, SEE IT! It?s truly amazing.

It?s about Jim Carroll, the poet and writer, growing up and dealing with the pressures of life and turning to drugs. Basically, a coming-of-age tale. In my opinion, Leonardo DiCaprio is an amazing actor and he really makes this film. If you ever find the novel, have a read of that too.

If you like deep, depressing films with somewhat of a happy ending, The Basketball Diaries is a perfect choice!! I?ve seen this film about 15 times now and I could watch it another 100 times!!
~It is all tears and it will be 'til the end of your time~

Offline On Flowers Of Evil

• TEMPERARE LACRIMIS
  • Cafone
  • smoking slices of heart
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2008, 07:10:46 AM »
I've never seen it. I don't think it was trasmitted in Italy
αяяινα αяяινα єℓ ∂ιαвℓσ!!!!!!!!

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I'd watch it again... unless nothing else was on.

it really wasn't that good,  i shouldn't have wasted my time seeing it
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Grim

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I'd watch it again... unless nothing else was on.

it really wasn't that good,  i shouldn't have wasted my time seeing it

I never really saw that one.. Is it worth renting or shall I wait till it comes on tv?

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »
its okay you could rent it for a dollar in some food markets like a&p that have a dvd rental machine with new releases in it for $1 a night if you want to see it but you would most likely wait a long time before they show it on tv unless you have io or something like that
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Grim

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2008, 05:13:42 PM »
I have encore channels.. It's something on Dish Network

Offline monkersville

« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
Just saw This Is It and I loved it.  I know Michael Jackson is a touchy subject for some people, but I thought this was excellent.  Highly recommend this to anyone who has enjoyed any of his music.

Offline Goetia

• Cafone
  • never love anything to much, you cannot see it die
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
OK so i was just searching the web for a movie to watch tonight kinda bored... but i remembered watching some great movies over the past years so i strongly recommend you guys :
Le pacte des loups (2001 : Monica Belluci...Vincent Cassel -but in french- anyway i strongly recommend it if you like mistery/history/action/adventure movies and a little bit of scary now and then)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975: one of the best movies i have ever seen)
The usual suspect (1995 : Kevin Spacey great great plot)

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »
OK so i was just searching the web for a movie to watch tonight kinda bored... but i remembered watching some great movies over the past years so i strongly recommend you guys :
Le pacte des loups (2001 : Monica Belluci...Vincent Cassel -but in french- anyway i strongly recommend it if you like mistery/history/action/adventure movies and a little bit of scary now and then)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975: one of the best movies i have ever seen)
The usual suspect (1995 : Kevin Spacey great great plot)

i saw not much time ago in HD le pacte des lopus
i need to see again the second one, i'm waiting for some HD source
will search for the thrid one, the two movies that i remember by kevin spacey have the same end for him (seven, american beauty)

Offline shirmila

« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2010, 03:39:40 AM »
I like animated film and recently watched Up and Monsters Vs Aliens. Up I found a bit too serious although entertaining. But Monsters Vs Aliens was brilliant and had me laughing throughout the movie.

Offline nikitiki

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
dorian gray .. the new version,  i recomend it

Offline Steel

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
I like animated film and recently watched Up and Monsters Vs Aliens. Up I found a bit too serious although entertaining. But Monsters Vs Aliens was brilliant and had me laughing throughout the movie.

Up did the same thing to me. I love animated movies can't wait for Toy Story 3

Is Stan Helsing worth seeing, or is it lame?

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

that movie is based in the city i live in. Modesto, Ca

...NO IDEA WHY...but yeah....only theory i have...is that george lucas is from here...and/or its in the middle between fresno and SF....other than that....i gotts nothin...

Offline shirmila

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
I watched on dvd for the first time yesterday Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr, and have to say didn't think it was as great as everyone said it was. It's one of those films I didn't think it was great but cannot put my finger on exactly what was wrong with it.

Offline Steel

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2010, 11:48:47 PM »
I just discovered a great movie called Stan Helsing. Its basically just Scary Movie with horror films (Freddy, Jason,Chucky,Pinhead). Its awesome! Only complaint is too much sexual humor & language, not really into that. Theres a cool karaoke scene too. Really excited to see that George Romero did another Zombie movie Survival of the Dead, I just hope that its better than Diary of the dead (prob his worst movie, but hey nobody's perfect).

Offline Franz

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
Feast 1 & 2. Pretty fun horror movies. Lots of awesome gore. Really over the top aswell.
If you're into that kinda stuff, check these out.

Hey by the way, im new.

Offline monkersville

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »
INCEPTION WAS AMAZING!!!  Anyone who has not seen it go see it now.  Warning though, if you are not a deep thinker and analyzer, then I fear for you that the story might not be as awesome as it could be.  Think a lot and deeply about the entire story and make up theories the entire way.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
I watched on DVD recently the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I have to say it was pretty good with some clever plot twists, however there are some quite lengthy dialogues and when you are reading subtitles that gets a bit tiersome.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »
Grave Of Fireflies, I watched this this week and it was an amazing film and a real tear jerker. I watched this because it was recommended to me by a few people all of which were men (didn't think men liked weepy films). If you are a fan of the Studio Ghibli movies this is worth checking out even though it is not in the sames style as some of their bigger movies like Spirited Away, the storyline though does put this above these.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2010, 05:01:18 AM »
I watched Iron Man 2 and it wasn't as good as the first one, the story wasn't as captivating and the action was a bit fin on the ground.

I watched the Reader, that had a very good story, and the film was cast very will. The only thing I found was that I didn't really connect with the characters.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2011, 12:41:03 PM »
Resident Evil Afterlife, was a brilliant actioned packed horror. It took a while for some of the mad action to start, but it wasn't disappointing. Hopefully Milla will be able to carry on with the role for a few more movies.

The Scorcerer's Apprentice was a great family movie which had a great fantasy story line.

Scott Pilgrim is a really unique film, I haven't read the books so I am not really sure how true the file is to the original but I liked the quirkiness of the characters and strange events that just happen from nowhere. Top movie

Offline shirmila

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »
Inception was a good film, but I found it a bit complicated at times, and probably needs another watch to fully understand what is going on, however the lengthy dialogue would become boring on a second viewing.

The Last Airbender was really a great family film, and the lead actor child star was amazing in the role for someome so young. I can't wait for the second movie.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
Inception is without a doubt an example of some brilliant technical, filmmaking, but the script has some problems. No one really ever understands the rules of dream machine thingy (do they even name it?), how one escapes limbo, and a variety of other issues. I also never understood why anyone would pay for something as inexact and inefficient as inception. If Sato was so powerful, why wouldn't he just buy a bunch of stock in Fischer's empire? Maybe he should spend a little less time buying airlines and participating in psychological terrorism and have a chat with his CFO.

For anyone that hasn't seen Scott Pilgrim vs The World yet, I strongly recommend that you do so as soon as possible. It's a pretty unconventional style of humor, but if you just bend over and let it have its way with you, there is no way not to enjoy it. Michael Cera is just brilliant. His line deliveries are strange, flawless, and hilarious. The supporting cast is great (the kid from Nickeleoden's Snow Day is in it!), and the action is very well done, which isn't surprising of a Edgar Wright directed feature.

I also recently saw the new Coen Brothers film True Grit, and it's fantastic. Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon have some wonderful back and forth, and this 14 year old girl in it is just fantastic.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
I just finished watching the 20th Century Boys Trilogy and have to stay this is an amazing japanese film, for those of you who are into the evil villain trying to rule and destroy the world type movie this would really hit the spot.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »
I watch Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 and have to say this is the most diappointing movie of the series so far, too much dialogue makes it very boring. >:(