Author Topic: Which record label would be the best match for HIM?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline gggrey

Which record label would be the best match for HIM?
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »
Which record label would be the best match for HIM? Also what producer would you like to see on the next record?

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
Re: Which record label would be the best match for HIM?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:19:13 PM »
Label doesn't matter. Might even be cooler if they released stuff independently from now on.

As for the producer, there is only one man for the job. Hiili!

Offline Jay

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:30:45 PM »
I think they can get the backing needed to do it on their own.  I think it'd get back to the "grass roots" feel that they had when Jimmy Franks had them.  The question is, will they still focus on America, or will they go back to ruling Europe?  My guess is that they will not focus on the US as much as they have recently.  That could be a good thing, and a bad thing. 

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »

As for the producer, there is only one man for the job. Hiili!

+1 yeah Hiili is the best for the job

with HIM now a free agent i think they could either sign with Nuclear Blast or just do what Marilyn Manson did and set up there own label

i really want them to get it sorted ASAP so they can start on the next album

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:23:04 AM »
The landscape of the music industry has changed so much within the past 5 years that I'm not even sure HIM needs to resign with a label. Home recording equipment is so advanced that they can really do anything they want to from a production standpoint with around $5000 worth of material. HIM also has the luxury of having an established and loyal fanbase, as well as (I would think) a solid amount of capital to put an album out entirely independently.

If they were smart they would release the album exclusively in a digital format. Then just start the tour in very loyal pockets of Europe, and move their way out from there. They may not get any Projekt Revolution slots, but there are plenty of small concert clubs in the US to accommodate a lengthy tour.

Offline Jay

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:24 AM »
I see them setting up their own label, at this point.  And the digital format would crush us, who love collecting the deluxe editions, even though we are paying outrageous prices for little reward (IMO).

But yeah, I agree that they could do this on their own through the club scene.

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
Don't know if it would be the best match, but maybe they'll sign with Century Media? It kinda makes sense, as CM loses more and more bands because of Nuclear Blast, and a band like HIM would certainly help them atm.

As for Nuclear Blast themselves - not a chance. They're concentrated on signing much heavier bands now, they want to get every single extreme metal band out there :D Heard now they're in contact with Morbid Angel and Christ Agony, and some people say they may even get a one-album deal with Slayer.
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »
I see them setting up their own label, at this point.  And the digital format would crush us, who love collecting the deluxe editions, even though we are paying outrageous prices for little reward (IMO).

But yeah, I agree that they could do this on their own through the club scene.

Yeah indeed, interesting times.  The band have needed change badly.  Maybe this will affect the sound of the new album who knows?

Offline gggrey

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
I think putting a cd out on their own is probably the best thing they can do to get back where they need to be. Hilli did some incredible work with him, as did Tim Palmer. I actually liked Venus Doom, but I wonder what the songs could have sounded with Bob Rock working with Ville on that cd. Squires was good on Razorblade Romance as well. I think he will try to produce the next one on his own as he tends to know what he wants before it is laid down. Whatever he does, I hope that he captures the Scandinavian sound like the first 4 cds... And I hope he will continue to tour in the US, but I'll bet anything the US tours will be scaled back a bit... (Not so many dates)

Offline Len777

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
I think putting a cd out on their own is probably the best thing they can do to get back where they need to be. Hilli did some incredible work with him, as did Tim Palmer. I actually liked Venus Doom, but I wonder what the songs could have sounded with Bob Rock working with Ville on that cd. Squires was good on Razorblade Romance as well. I think he will try to produce the next one on his own as he tends to know what he wants before it is laid down. Whatever he does, I hope that he captures the Scandinavian sound like the first 4 cds... And I hope he will continue to tour in the US, but I'll bet anything the US tours will be scaled back a bit... (Not so many dates)
That sounds great except that Matt Squire produced Screamworks, John Fryer produced Razorblade. Would love if Ville would produce the album him self with help from Hilli.

Offline gggrey

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
That sounds great except that Matt Squire produced Screamworks, J

ohn Fryer produced Razorblade. Would love if Ville would produce the album him self with help from Hilli.
I meant to say Kevin Shirley did some work on Razorblade Romance. Not Squires.. Sorry...

Offline Len777

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 11:17:33 AM »
lol Kevin Shirley actually didn't work on razorblade either, he worked on some tracks of deep shadows and brilliant highlights...

Offline zgyc2011

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
 Probably Nuclear will be good !!

:) HIM needs to expand their places to visit, they are forgetting us. Here in Latin America HIM has toooooo much fans as they has in Europe.

Lately in 2010 RAR people were boring.. why ?? Not saying HIM songs are boring but probably same set list, Set list that could be very welcome and sang by all people fans from Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Mexico and USA.  ;)

Hope their next Label which they sign makes it posible to make USA and LatinAmerica Tours. I am sure every gig will be unique.

:)

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »
i dont care  if HIM is popular or not they need to work without pressure and work on a cd  that they like not to work on a cd that ALL people including justin biber fans like ....

Offline Robert Metal

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »
Maybe they could sign with RoadRunner Records like a worldwide deal.

Offline Len777

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 02:47:38 AM »

Now that wouldn't be so bad at all, although i think it would be better if they just expanded their own record label which they use in Finland.

Offline Robert Metal

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »

Now that wouldn't be so bad at all, although i think it would be better if they just expanded their own record label which they use in Finland.

RoadRunner knows how to promote a band.

Offline Jay

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:59 PM »
My guess is that they will form their own label and have a major or sorta major handle the distribution part.  I'd love for the band to go "in house" again.  I've always said that I liked the grass roots feel of the early days.  It seemed too big with Warner running things, maybe it was just me.  I don't think the band's own team was running Heartagram.  The main site, I mean, not the boards.