Author Topic: The Sac (Blog Edition) Is Here!  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Jay

The Sac (Blog Edition) Is Here!
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
After lots of talk and a lot more inaction, I finally began the groundwork on the blog version of the site.  Basically, it's going to consist of dumb shit that makes me laugh, and of course HIM news and notes.  

The reason for the change is because during HIM's "offseason", there isn't much to post, so the front page updates dry up and interest fades.  The forum becomes a deadzone and we all lose interest in it.  Credit to SolitaryHeartache for keeping a presence on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sacrament/459297985345) .  I try to do the same on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/thesacrament).  

So, in an effort to keep things fresh, I'm going to start blogging.  Maybe not everyday, but it's alot easier to post some dumb shit than it is to work up a post about another magazine cover.  If anyone is interested in contributing, let me know.  I am not opposed to having multiple writers.

I'm still tweaking the design to fit this current theme, but it's coming along nicely.  It'll be streamlined and fast.  Much more organized than myself, haha.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:25:46 AM by Jay »

Offline Inferno

Re: The Sac (Blog Edition) Is Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:06 AM »
I'd be willing to help out. I'm always finding weird shit on the internet that I like sharing with friends.

Btw Jay, I don't know if you know, but I live in the SA area and if you ever come down here let me know... maybe we can meet up or something.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jay

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:36:03 AM »
You're in SA? I love SA...I don't get a chance to get down there much as I don't know alot of people there.  Now I do, haha.  I was there in August and had a blast.  I'll get with you before I make the next trip down there.  

Here's a work in progress view of the blog.  It's pretty much the same design.  The only thing not working right now is the Media page.  It's going to the "old" page for now.

http://www.thesacrament.net

I still have to move it to the main root.  And yeah, I'm down for you helping out.  I'll get some more info to you when I get the settings just right.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:26:08 AM by Jay »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:09:36 AM »
Alright, sounds good. I always pop in once or twice a day to see if anything has happened.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline shirmila

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:54 AM »
It was refreshing to see the front page had changed to a blog and I do believe that it will add alot of value to the site, as like you said during HIM's off season it will still have new information on there ;D. I will be checking out the site alot to read the blog.

Offline Jay

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
Thank you :)

+1 just for being so kind. 

Offline Jay

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 01:25:20 AM »
Tis here! Send me a PM if you're interested in being an author on the main page.