Author Topic: Screamworks Remix Album  (Read 13388 times)

Offline six6sixways2love

Re: Screamworks Remix Album
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2010, 03:21:20 AM »
The effect in 'In Venere Veritas' is what it will sound like when I put my hand through a table saw if I ever gave in and purchased this garbage
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Len777

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swrmxs-Him/dp/B0049JMD9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290539578&sr=8-1

descriptions of songs more than two of these remixes are done by ville and ville's brother jesse that comforts me knowing that so i preordered it from hot topic for like 9 bucks it's probably worth it considering the scared to death remix is pretty good and i trust ville's creativity so i think this will be pretty good

Offline Inferno

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »
If you don't like the CD then don't buy it otherwise you'll be supporting the band for all the wrong reasons and WB will continue to release stuff like this.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Inferno

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 01:59:31 AM »
So, almost a week away and no leak yet?
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 12:23:06 PM »
So, almost a week away and no leak yet?
i would say...thank god there is no leak of that shit yet xD
i hope people will not buy this shit

Offline Jay

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
I know, I'm surprised that nobody has leaked this either.  Maybe it's because nobody really has interest in it, lol.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »
I'm asking for a leak because I don't wanna buy it unless I like it. We really can't diss the whole CD cause we don't like 1 song. And to be honest, I listened to In Venere Veritas last night and found it to be okay and tolerable. I turned it way up so I got a lot of bass and I started to rock my head a little lol.

I think everyone biggest beef with that song is that they've heard the original and expect it to play through like the original but with different sounds. But what they get is a complete remix of the song, it takes osme of the value of the original song away. But if you look at the song as a whole and disregard how it doesn't go with the same flow as the original, it's really not that bad.
[/

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
am i the only one super excited for this album?

i think alot of ppl are overracting.

after reading the song descriptions, it sounds like this is going to be a very very interesting cd.

come on guys, its something different, its neat and fun, just enjoy and dont take it seriously.

i mean does VIlle and the rest of the band ever take things seriously.

come on, this is great. well i think so.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
it going to be like screamworks allover, everyone hates it before it comes out and then they listen to it more than once and love it and it grows on them. just wait untill it comes out and you hear the ENTIRE album, then bitch  about how bad it is don't make everyone fear for the worst
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:34 PM »
I personally think this is a win-win situation. At first I thought this was terrible especially by judging the cd throught the IVV sample through the site, but then I realized that this is still better then nothing. If the album turns out to suck then you simply don't even have to buy it.

Also, I still think that having at least some kind of new music, remixes or otherwise, is better then nothing considering that the next HIM cd probably isn't coming out for another year or so.

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »
i pre ordered the shirt and cd, man i hope i get it ON the 7th, and not a few days later, or maybe even earlier

im soo excited, ill let you guys know how it is when it gets here.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 01:28:02 AM »
i pre ordered the shirt and cd, man i hope i get it ON the 7th, and not a few days later, or maybe even earlier

im soo excited, ill let you guys know how it is when it gets here.

i hope it's here on the 6th, i usually get it the day before every time i preorder i can't wait to get it either

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
I think everyone biggest beef with that song is that they've heard the original and expect it to play through like the original but with different sounds. But what they get is a complete remix of the song, it takes osme of the value of the original song away. But if you look at the song as a whole and disregard how it doesn't go with the same flow as the original, it's really not that bad.

No, it's a bad song. The Scared To Death remix isn't too much like the original song, but I can get behind it for it's own merits. The IVV remix is just shit. It's not the kind of music I listen to and certainly not what I would expect from HIM.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline lpooluk

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 01:01:58 PM »
Honestly Ill probably get it because I love HIM but I dont think it'll be that good but heres hope that im wrong!!!

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »

No, it's a bad song. The Scared To Death remix isn't too much like the original song, but I can get behind it for it's own merits. The IVV remix is just shit. It's not the kind of music I listen to and certainly not what I would expect from HIM.

its not a bad song to people who enjoy techno music.

seriously, just because you dont enjoy this music, doesnt make this CD crap.

this CD is made for people who enjoy this kind of music.

if you dont, then hey dont buy it, but dont bash on the band just because this doesnt suit your needs.

just by reading the description of the songs on Amazon.com you can tell Ville's brother seems to really be into this techo scene, and it seems like Ville really want to work with his own brother on this,

a mix of both there music flavor.

Offline Politex

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
Love, the hardest way (Tiesto Remix)

Disarm me (with your Loneliness) (VV Remix)

The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness (Morgan Page Remix)

Heartkiller (The Mercyfvcks Remix)

ps?: some people already got the cd...soon we'll have a leak on the internet

Heartkiller made the 'impossible', worse than IVV (my opinion)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:40:33 PM by Politex »
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2010, 12:49:11 AM »
Yeah you are right on Heartkiller, it's terrible. The other ones aren't so bad but i don't understand how this isn't yet in torrent form because this youtube quality is horrible.

Also if anyone lives in Germany and would like to dl the album now its on this website http://at.7digital.com/artists/him/swrmxs/ An upload would also be most appreciated :).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:58:51 AM by stigmata92 »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2010, 01:12:49 AM »
it's going to take some getting use to but it's not that bad

Offline Inferno

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »
Downloading it now, I'll put it in the media section once it's done.

The singing, for what it's worth, is pretty fucking horrible in Shatter Me With Hope (oOoOO Remix).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:12:05 AM by Inferno »
[/

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2010, 06:54:09 AM »
am i the only one that thinks heartkiller sounds awesome?

it reminds me of old school early 80's break beats. lol

i love this entire cd.

Offline Danny

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »

i love this entire cd.
I agree! Heartkiller was the one that sounded best if you ask me. Very much 80`s influenced and sounds a bit like knight rider, haha!

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »
After listening to this album, I've come to the conclusion that it's very uneven. Some of the remixes (Disarm Me, Acoustic Funeral Megamix, and Dying Song) are actually quite good while others fall flat (IVV, Ode to Solitude, In the Arms of Rain).

Overall I noticed that all the Ville Valo remixes are the best IMO and if this album was entirely remixed by him it would be actually really good since he's quite capable according to the songs on this.

Offline Danny

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
The magemix is quite good, but it made me laugh because out of all three songs it is suppose to contain you can only here hints of acoustic funeral in it :D

Offline Jay

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2010, 01:39:06 PM »

i love this entire cd.
I agree! Heartkiller was the one that sounded best if you ask me. Very much 80`s influenced and sounds a bit like knight rider, haha!

LOL, I love Heartkiller!  I can imagine Scared to Death being blasted in an Abercrombie store, lol. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:47:17 PM by Jay »

Offline Jay

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
My half-assed review after listening to the whole thing:

Full disclosure, I don't listen to this type of music often, so I may not "get it". 

IVV - Gave me a headache.

ITAOR - I like the ambience.  Nothing real exciting, but good background music.

FSOIH - Pretty darn catchy, I like it.

OTS - It's not terrible.  I do like the guitars at the end, kind of industrial sounding.  I like that, and I'd like to see more of it.

HK - Why do I see people breakdancing in a bad 80's video? I think it's funny.

LTHW - Catchy.  Shows just how bad that 1 minute clip was out of context.  I could see it being played in a club.

SMWH - Down in Houston, they call this "screw".  Feel like I need to drink some lean while playing this.

DS - Another one that I could easily see being played in a club. 

DM - This thing takes a shit at 2:06.

STD - Coming soon to a department store playlist near you.  I dig it though.

AF/LSV - Pretty cool.

I suppose the only trainwreck in my opinion is IVV.  The album still isn't my kind of thing, and if it had another artist instead of our beloved HIM on the cover, then nobody would bitch about it.