Author Topic: Screamworks Remix Album  (Read 13372 times)

Offline vampireheart616

Re: Screamworks Remix Album
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »
just found this on valo dialy from eugene riecansky's twitter [the guy who made the scared to death video]

"Working on new secret project for HIM & Ville Valo & WB Records, LA... all we be shown in 2 weeks... prepare your eyes"
.... 11:14 AM Nov 8th via TweetDeck
http://twitter.com/EugeneRockstar

i wonder what it could be
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Politex

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
http://www2.mrtzcmp3.net/HIM_Scared_To_Death__Diamond_Cut_Remix__5s.html

Scared To Death (Diamond Cut Remix) (maybe?)

thanks a lot, and the heartagram forum is already bitching about this
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:32:57 AM by vampireheart616 »
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Politex

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
In venere veritas is available on heartagram.com
i'm from Brazil , my english isn't perfect~ ;)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »
ouuuu holy crap. that s*it is so bad, it is even worse than bad,or worse than worst?
every HIM fan who will buy this album should by inprisoned ...at least

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
STARTING NOW! To celebrate the Pre Order of SWRMXS ? the official Screamworks Remix album, we are NOW streaming the entire ORIGINAL album ?Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice? on limited edition White Vinyl. The stream begins at 1:00 pm PST and the album will play one time through entirely. TUNE IN NOW and enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/because-sound-matters

yeah  ;D

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
ouuuu holy crap. that s*it is so bad, it is even worse than bad,or worse than worst?

I agree
It's online as a promotion. A promotion for what? Not buying SWRMXS?
This song as a preview for potential buyers... :(

Nothing wrong with Scared To Death (Diamond Cut Remix), it's ok. For a remix-album.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »
In Venere is so goddamn disgusting. The song never fucking goes anywhere! There is so much goodness in the original song that isn't even touched upon! I wish I wasn't a collector, because I probably would not buy this piece of shit.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline loveslastbreath

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 02:45:56 AM »
well that was god awful. sounds like someone made it with a cheap computer program in about fifteen minutes. what the hell has happened to our beloved boys from finland... :(

Offline Inferno

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 03:18:37 AM »
It's a techno mix guys. It's not gonna play through the whole song which is probably why you guys hate it. It had some parts that made me tap my toes to, but it also has some repetitive parts but that's techno for you.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 04:51:09 AM »
STARTING NOW! To celebrate the Pre Order of SWRMXS ? the official Screamworks Remix album, we are NOW streaming the entire ORIGINAL album ?Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice? on limited edition White Vinyl. The stream begins at 1:00 pm PST and the album will play one time through entirely. TUNE IN NOW and enjoy!

yeah  ;D

fvck... its says the ORIGINAL album....didn't read carefully..... i thought they mean the remix album....

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:50 AM »
Just went to the official site and heard the In Venere Veritas mix...   and man,  that thing is bad.   It's beyond bad.    If I was in Ville's shoes and saw that some "dj" abused one of my songs so bad I'll probably will be so depressed that I'll retire to a monastery.   
This proves 3 things:

1)DJs are not musicians...  they are just a excuse to put a human face to computer software generated music.    Even with that, you need some kind of talent.

2)Valo and company, they don't care to request the A quality this songs deserve.

3)The songs were raped,.. hard.

<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline Jay

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
I wish they would have tinkered with the lyrics a bit.  I mean, it doesn't really fit the tempo/rhythm...ugh.  I am going to try my best to avoid this one.

I'm definitely NOT going to get the "super deluxe Heartagram ONLY edition complete with an authenticated Ville pubic hair that will be available on ebay later anyway" edition. 

Offline Spooky Kabuki

• aka Dr. Deletus
  • Picciotto
    • Myspace page
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 08:47:02 PM »

yeah  ;D

Yeah, I watch that channel every Friday when they have their "Friday Vinyl Lunch."  I was surprised to see they were spinning it.  Yeah, I already have it, but it was nice to hear it on there. 8)

Offline Maelstorm

• Goodfella
  • Cafone
  • ][=][-][-][Y][ or II I III - means the same
    • DGR
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »

It's a f*king chainsaw. Chainsaw massacre.
Vedem viata in culori, insa simtim alb-negru!
(We seen the life in colours, but we feel in white and black).

Offline Jay

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
I finally heard the Heartagram preview of In Venere Veritas....I think I would like it better without vocals.  Get your glowsticks and E bombs ready, lol.

I do like the cover, however. 

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 01:16:54 AM »
you know.....i didn't mind the last two remixes that were leaked, but in venere veritas is quite possibly the worst thing i have ever heard in my life.......wow what happened to the HIM that i have loved for the past 10 years........guess this is the end

Offline Inferno

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
you know.....i didn't mind the last two remixes that were leaked, but in venere veritas is quite possibly the worst thing i have ever heard in my life.......wow what happened to the HIM that i have loved for the past 10 years........guess this is the end

Really? You know damn right that this isn't HIM's doing. It's WB trying to make money off their songs. If anyone is to blame for shitty songs it's the person who mixed them. By all rights this album shouldn't even be under the HIM name, but they want the money.
[/

Offline Jay

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
It's sickening, really.  I could understand if they were an electronic band or made danceable music.  But to think that this is the same group of Finns that made "For You" is shameful.  Blame whoever you want, and I understand that they are under contract, but I can't imagine that they had absolutely no say in this.

After the two previews, I am absolutely going to pass on this one.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:51:53 AM by Jay »

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2010, 05:54:01 AM »

Really? You know damn right that this isn't HIM's doing. It's WB trying to make money off their songs. If anyone is to blame for shitty songs it's the person who mixed them. By all rights this album shouldn't even be under the HIM name, but they want the money.

yea you're right, but realize that the band has a say, and they as well want the money too. it sucks that there aren't any proper remixes, it feels like the 200 join me remixes of past. This sucks, and clearly, valo wanted this to be released.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »
We can't make an assume the whole CD sucks when we haven't even heard it all. It happens every time and it's a pet peeve of mine to hear people say "whaaa, this is the going to be the shittiest CD ever" and then once it released they say "It's grown on me and I like it".

It's really not up to them what WB wants to do with their music, sure they want the money but who doesn't? Look at the Uneasy Listening volumes that were released AFTER they left Sony BMG... you think they had anything to do with that? No, that label just wanted to milk whatever money they could while that still could. The record labels makes about 63% of the total profits, leaving the distributors with ~24% and the band with ~13%. That money then is split up among band members and then used to pay for personal mangers, business managers, producers, and lawers. For every ~$1000 in music sold the musicians make ~$24.

[/

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »
I think its not a big deal....scared t death sounds good...love the hardest way sounds awesome to me...  venera veritas sounds strange and annoying but i don't care because i believe it's a Ville idea...  :D

They remixed their worst selling album and why not...its was experimental album so they keep experimenting. And do you know what!? I'm not afraid to say that I like Tiesto remix of love the hardest way more than the original which is so unnoticeable and boring to me...

Believe in Ville... they have a reason to release these tracks....  they will not release something which it doesn't worth to be released..because they will not get any money then  :D

Offline Jay

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
Look on the bright side...it gives us something to talk about. ;)

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
Look on the bright side...it gives us something to talk about. ;)

Haha yes quite.

But with that said, I'm not really feeling this remix stuff at all.  I have had a pretty "meh" response to everything I have heard so far.  I appreciate the experimenting and it is all pretty fun but I don't think I am going to be listening to it like I do all the other HIM stuff I have.  I keep saying I would have preferred another live album or B-sides or maybe even like a "greatest hits" remix CD going through the whole HIM discography.

Offline Jay

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Yeah, I honestly don't think this is one that will grow on me.  For one, I don't listen to that sort of music much, and don't see where I'd find a way to put this on and jam out to it.  I loved the Uneasy Listening albums for the most part, especially the rare demos and early mixes.

Edit: Though I have to say, I sort of enjoy the Scared to Death mix.  For me, it's the best of what we have so far.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:27:32 PM by Jay »