Author Topic: Official Scared To Death Video  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
Official Scared To Death Video
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »
Here it is:

I really like it. I was hoping for a performance section at the end like The Sacrament. It felt like a modernized version of Gone With the Sin.

Offline loveslastbreath

Re: Official Scared To Death Video
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:24 PM »
Wow that's actually a very amazing video

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »
I felt like I was looking at a giant coffee table book of interesting architecture, and Ville just happened to be there.

I'm in film production and there were way too many shot with too much head room (space between subject's head and top of screen). It gives the impression that it was filmed by a short person. Now, I understand that they wanted to show of the background. But it was too much of the same thing.

Overall, uninspiring, but get scenic shots. I'm not too upset since it's probably one of my least favorites on the album.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:34:19 AM »
awesome...another video that has 0% plot. (not saying most videos have a plot...but damnit...remember California Love...exactly.)

fucking billion times better than HK tho.

looks like it should have been a GAP commercial in my HONEST opinion.

and the falling pyramids...?....

here's how i believe the video was pitched to the band.

director: "ok. so. your walking right. and your walking. and you have a guitar with a capo on it for no reason...and you go by these buildings...in a city where no one is. everyones just gone. no explanation. it just looks cool...oh...and at random...a shit ton of falling crystal? pyramids are gunna fall...but dont worry...they wont hit you....oh and outta no where...the rest of the band (besides the drummer) is gunna be shown...well...we'll show the drummer...but its gunna be like 2 seconds...you see...one of the pyramids are gunna fall...and reveal the rest of the band.....oh...and when we show mige...we'll just make him look really white trash and awful, because, for some reason. thats how he always looks in your guys' photos.

the end."

band:

"yup. exactly what the song was supposed to mean. ville walking in nice clothes. a guitar that doesnt get played. show the band...but not together, cuz thats just how we roll...and...falling pyramids...PERFECT."

i would have liked to been in the room when that went down.

Offline 0401695

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:09:42 AM »
great video

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 04:24:09 AM »
It is badly chosen song to be a Single
i think Shatter me with hope would be million times better like a single than any other yet chosen songs - Hkiller and S2death

I think video is nice because of all the nice buildings and architecture ,and one picture of sunset behind the sitting Ville is a nice moment, BUT i miss the other members of the band, i mean what the hell???!!!  Why? why there is only Ville? Because he has a nice beanie and Gibson acoustic guitar or what?
Everybody in my surrounding and so on everyone hates BAMs videos simply because of BAM,but look at the buried alive by love and the sacrament,i think their best videos so far ,it has everything
Scared to death video and single too is a big dissapoint for me because there are better songs on the album and more radio friendly and HIM style than Scared to death and video is only Ville and i think the others are important too ,not only Ville ...
 ???

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »
awesome...another video that has 0% plot. (not saying most videos have a plot...but damnit...remember California Love...exactly.)

director: "ok. so. your walking right. and your walking. and you have a guitar with a capo on it for no reason...and you go by these buildings...in a city where no one is. everyones just gone. no explanation. it just looks cool...oh...and at random...a shit ton of falling crystal? pyramids are gunna fall...but dont worry...they wont hit you....oh and outta no where...the rest of the band (besides the drummer) is gunna be shown...well...we'll show the drummer...but its gunna be like 2 seconds...you see...one of the pyramids are gunna fall...and reveal the rest of the band.....oh...and when we show mige...we'll just make him look really white trash and awful, because, for some reason. thats how he always looks in your guys' photos.

the end."

band:

"yup. exactly what the song was supposed to mean. ville walking in nice clothes. a guitar that doesnt get played. show the band...but not together, cuz thats just how we roll...and...falling pyramids...PERFECT."

HAHAHA!!
That's priceless!

Well the good news is, for people who don't like the video, music videos are barely on TV anymore. Especially HIM videos, so if you don't want to watch it, you don't have to! :)

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:06 PM »
It is badly chosen song to be a Single
i think Shatter me with hope would be million times better like a single than any other yet chosen songs - Hkiller and S2death

I think video is nice because of all the nice buildings and architecture ,and one picture of sunset behind the sitting Ville is a nice moment, BUT i miss the other members of the band, i mean what the hell???!!!  Why? why there is only Ville? Because he has a nice beanie and Gibson acoustic guitar or what?
Everybody in my surrounding and so on everyone hates BAMs videos simply because of BAM,but look at the buried alive by love and the sacrament,i think their best videos so far ,it has everything
Scared to death video and single too is a big dissapoint for me because there are better songs on the album and more radio friendly and HIM style than Scared to death and video is only Ville and i think the others are important too ,not only Ville ...
 ???

the only bad video Bam did. was Solitary Man. fucking horrendous video.

its funny, cuz everyone always talked about how Bam would include a chick walking around aimlessly in all of his vids....but...when you get right down to it....it follows the theme of the music....love lost etc...i always enjoyed bams vids (apart from SM...im not into Haggard footage in amusic video.)

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
And WTF is that? Yeah, walking through city with a guitar, so cool. Where are the times when something actually happened in HIM videos? Of course there was nothing superb and oustanding and all, but at least it all moved, there was at least a band performing in the background. And there was something cool about them, previous vids had special feeling...
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline Danny

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

the end."

band:

Hahahaha, that one was priceless! I keep on laughing when im thinking about what you wrote,haha :D

I like the video. As someone already said, it reminds me of GWTS.
But i dont understand why they dont include the other band members more. What the hell is up with 2 sec of the other members and the rest is just a Ville Ville Ville Ville...At least Heartkiller had more band action!

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
I think it was pretty cool, certain people are overreacting about this video just a tiny bit  :D

I too would have liked a big performance ending, it felt like the video was building to it.

It was cool, not immense but not crap.

Offline Jay

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
I think the website videos have a lot more concept behind them.  In Venere Veritas is great, it follows the theme of the song. 

And yes, Bam did great videos.  He put his heart into it, despite hiring a bunch of his friends to help light, film, edit, etc. 

This viddy is sorta...boring.  The good news is that Ville wasn't in black...? no?

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »

the end."

band:

Hahahaha, that one was priceless! I keep on laughing when im thinking about what you wrote,haha :D

I like the video. As someone already said, it reminds me of GWTS.
But i dont understand why they dont include the other band members more. What the hell is up with 2 sec of the other members and the rest is just a Ville Ville Ville Ville...At least Heartkiller had more band action!

to lonely road: I read that post in the middle of my college class today, and got some dirty looks when I started laughing to myself.

to vpr: only showing Ville goes with the theme of the Screamworks album booklet. one man band.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline playdead616

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »
I don't think this was a good song choice for the next single. I would have thought Love, the Hardest Way would be a better choice. And, where is the rest of the band?? It's always about Ville these days, wtf?

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Mat1az

• Picciotto
  • I unlit the light to embrace the dark
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »
The video really sucks ass!

Offline jasonbmw

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
I loved it!

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
And yes, Bam did great videos.  He put his heart into it, despite hiring a bunch of his friends to help light, film, edit, etc. 

He did, but he was just a part of the fad at the time.  I prefer to see people directing who are experienced or have new fresh ideas.