Author Topic: Haunting Experiences / Ghost Stories  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Jay

Haunting Experiences / Ghost Stories
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »
I was watching a lot of Ghost Adventures today (I don't know why, that dude is a douche) but I thought it would be cool to share some stories here.  I think there was a topic in the original forum about this...anyway I thought it would be neat to bring back. 

I don't want urban legend stuff, I want your stories...now if it ties into an urban legend, like you doing your own "investigation," that's cool.

My story isn't really scary, just strange.  It happens to tie into the "Haunted San Antonio Train Tracks" story. 

From Google: "There are a couple of different versions of this story, but most tell the tale of a horrible accident that occurred in the 1930?s or 40?s, although there is no official record of the event.

A school bus full of children stalled on the railroad tracks during a stormy Texas night. The efforts of the train conductor were futile. Train whistle blowing and brakes screeching and sliding on the tracks, the train was unable to get stopped on the wet tracks before colliding with the school bus and killing ten of the children.

Now, if you stop your car on those tracks in the same spot the bus was stuck and put your car in neutral, your vehicle will slowly roll off of the tracks. If you inspect the rear of your car or truck, you may see small hand prints and fingerprints from the children that pushed you from danger."

Alright, so about 6 or 7 years ago, my buddy and his girlfriend thought it would be fun to try to see if this worked.  After sitting in the car for about half an hour and nothing happening, we decided that maybe it just wasn't our day to experience anything.  We were going to leave when my friend said he wanted to take the railroad crossing sign.  I think he had this in mind before the whole thing started as he just happened to have the wrenches with him.

Anyway, we remove said sign, throw it in the trunk, and head home.  On the way home, we have a blow out. 

No big deal...it happens, right?

A few days later, his girlfriend is driving the car and gets into an accident, which totals her car.  The sign was still in the trunk.

Now the sign is in their apartment after the accident.

Seriously, that same week...their apartment burns down.  One of the few things to survive (besides his bongs) was the railroad sign.  A little singed, but just fine.  At that point, they decided to ditch the sign.

Like I said, not scary, just strange.  What are some of the things you've come across?

Offline laurelolaurel

Re: Haunting Experiences / Ghost Stories
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:21:16 AM »
The guy from Ghost Adventures is a dumb ass without a doubt.

I've only had a couple incidents with the paranormal in my old house, and I have witnesses to back me up for almost all of them.
It was a full moon and I had just woken up, the house we were renting came fully furnished from the people who previously lived (and died) in the building. My room was in the master bedroom and I was sleeping on the same frame that they had used I imagine.
Anyway, I heard some faint rustling like someone shuffling on the carpet I sat up in the bed and looked down the room and I saw a woman, about sixty years old with rollers in her hair standing on top of the back of the chair. she then bent a the waist completely over facing the seat like she was inspecting the carpet. Her head slowly turned in my direction and it was at that precise moment that I pretended i was asleep. haha
I heard a thud and more shuffling into my closet and into the bathroom, so I yawned loudly and ran out of the door into the room next to mine. through the night i heard my closet doors banging. The next morning with company in tow my bedroom lights were all on, all my closet doors and drawers were open and my bathroom faucet was running on full force.

we moved out shortly afterward.

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »
Laurel, that's really freaky :(

I'm at uni, 3rd year of my Biology degree, firm believer of science and general non-paranormal things.
In January my Gran died and strange things keep happening at home that have confused me a little about my beliefs.
We had a small glass swan ornament on a shelf in the bathroom and it's flown off the shelf to the other side of the bathroom and broken twice. The shelf's a solid wood corner shelf with an inch deep lip around the edge so there's no way it just fell off, and the window's always shut so it wasn't blown off. Makes no sense to me.

We've got an ornament in the lounge that keeps moving too. It's just a little ceramic thing from my Gran's house.  Every few days one of us notices that it's moved to the very front edge of the shelf.
It's right next to the TV so it's perfectly possible that the sound makes it vibrate forwards, but there are plenty of other ornaments on that shelf which never move at all.
Nothing creepy, just a little odd.

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 02:21:02 PM »
oh Jaysus...I'm glad you started this. Ive had weird shit happen to me since I was a little girl. and for those who have met me or have talked to me, know I love all things dark and dead...ha!  ;D

* off and on throughout my childhood and sometimes still to this day, I have this presence that likes to annoy me when I'm about to doze off. I feel this pressure on my chest, my body becomes paralyzed, I cant mutter a word. it's an eerie feeling that I've come to grow used to, rather annoying now then anything...but it doesn't stop until I start praying.

* my brother was laying in his bed, about to fall asleep and hears his door lock. he said it felt like something had grabbed onto his ankles and tried to pull him off the bed. didn't stop until he started praying.

* after the parents divorced, my dad moved into an old 2 story house (those of you on the west coast know of sunmaid raisins and the lady on the box, it was the house she grew up in) the house was haunted. the windows and doors would open and close by themselves and you could hear the stairs creak in the middle of the night like people were walking up and down them. now being a preacher's grand-daughter, I decided to take on the evil by myself, id be the next ghost buster...I went around the outside of the house, anointing the windows, doors and praying. the next thing I knew, my dad's dog ran up to my side and started barking hysterically. I believe animals can sense things and she was trying to protect me.

* this is a doozy: when I left the bay area and moved back to Fresno, I lived in my grandparents guest house. my aunt stayed in it when she was in highschool and so have some foreign exchange students who hated sleeping back there but could never explain to us why. anyways, my aunt was sleeping one night and woke up to all her lights on, the fan going full blast, the alarm clock going off, the radio and tv were blaring and the water was running in the bathroom. she at first thought my uncles were playing a trick on her but there was no way they couldve turned everything on and split without getting caught. also, her door was locked so there was no way they couldve gotten in anyways. when I stayed there, again, about to fall asleep and Mr. Friend starts uncontrollably barking outside the door. the pressure and paralysis started and when I was alert and could realize what was going to happen, I felt something jump on my back and it started humping me. I know it's sounds absolutely ridiculous but I swear it's the God honest truth. I started praying, rolled off the bed and it stopped. I moved into the main house after that.

* my former boss would take me and other co-workers on ghostly outings. we did a flashlight tour of Wolfe Manor (Clovis, Ca) which was actually visited by Ghost Hunters for a show. well, it's haunted. it used to be an old sanitarium and hospital. just being in that house gave me the creeps. certain rooms I couldn't breathe in, always felt like something was following me...when we went down to the basement, I wandered off from the group and was just staring into this one room, pitch black and it felt like something rushed up into my face. eeek! I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

I've always been a little "sensitive" to these sorts of things but I don't know how much of it I believe. only because it contradicts my spiritual beliefs. are they really the ghosts of loved ones not knowing how to crossover or having unfinished business or perhaps, theyre demonic spirits trying to distract people from their truth?

since my Dad passed, I've also heard him and have conversations with him in my dreams. I don't know how normal that is.

anybody, besides me, have dreams that come true?

Offline HammerHorror

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
since my Dad passed, I've also heard him and have conversations with him in my dreams. I don't know how normal that is.

That's normal. Since my brother passed, everyone in my family has had it happen. Mine are usually a bit more vague, but they've had some pretty intense ones I guess.

And I have one interesting story. At the time, my family was in the process of building a house. It was on a golf course, and was mostly was mostly done at this point, but it wasn't quite there yet. We were renting the house next door.
One night a couple friends and I had been messing with my older brother a little bit, and decided to lock ourselves in the unfinished house. After about 20 minutes or so, we saw what looked like a blue light from a cell phone shining into the back window. We assumed it was my brother, so we went out to mess with him some more. By the time we had gotten out in the backyard, the light was already about 100 yards away. With the landscape this had, most people would need to be running at full speed to get there in that short of time. Then the light started... jumping... for a lack of a better word, about 30 feet in the air. We decided to go out on the golf course and see what the hell this was.
This light managed to keep a pretty good and consistent distance from us the entire time. Far enough to where we couldn't see what the hell it was, and it kept changing colors between purple, blue, and red. It never actually went out though, and it never hit the ground. We got to the end of the hole, and hit the street. We had lost track of the light. Suddenly we started to smell something with a strong and unique smell. My first thought was weed, but who knows. We decided to go on to the next hole, and we saw a guy standing in the middle of the tee box. All you could really see of him was a dark shape of a man. There was a steep hill we needed to climb up, and we lost direct vision of him. When we got up to where he was, he was gone. Suddenly, about 100 yards away, we saw him. Now let me clarify, in the amount of time we had lost track of him, there was absolutely no way he could have made it that far. This time, he had two black dogs by him, with glowing blue eyes. I couldn't make out any features on them, only the shapes. He vanished around a corner where some houses were.
By this point, we were starting to get a bit freaked out, so we took the long way around. We didn't want to get caught in a narrow path so we could be attacked by some ghost dogs. By the time we made it to a point where we could see the next hole, there was nothing. We searched around for about half an hour, and couldn't find anything.
Never saw anything strange with the house or the golf course after that really. So I have no idea what it could have been.

Offline Jay

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:50 PM »
Woah, great stories everyone!  Keep this up, I'm glad it was revived!

Offline shirmila

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »
Apologies for my bad writing but here's my bit.

I saw an ornament fly horizontally off a shelf in our living room stop in mid air for a second and then drop to the ground.
We use to have a large picture framed in glass with a very sturdy chain on the back of it, the wall mounting for this was also very sturdy, this picture was hung above a radiator in the living room, every morning we would find this picture behind the radiator, strange thing no crash was heard of it falling down, the wall mount and chain were always intact, the glass or frame were never damaged. Stranger thing if someone slept in the living room the picture would remain on the wall. This is one of those things that could have a logical explanation.
I could on many occasions hear a young child crying in the house.
I would hear on several occasions an unfamiliar voice calling my name.
One day my brother showed me a shadow on the wall that was the shape of what must have been a small child, he then said watch this and waved at it, the shadow waved back, I thought it was some kind of trick he was doing, so I waved at the shadow and it waved back. I carried on in this waving exchange, after a minute or so of doing this I realised my brother had left the room and this was no trick and the shadow was the only thing waving at me, I left the room very quickly.
After my neighbour died I would see him on numerous occasions walking his dog down the road as he would do everyday. 
Whilst I was in college I would stay up many nights doing my homework in the dinning room, around the same time every night there would be a tapping sound from underneath the table you would have 2 sets of tapping on each occasion, I always put down to maybe the wood settling from a change in temperature with because of my previous experiences I would make up logical explanations in my head to stop me from having an over imaginative mind. One night I don't know why I did this, when the tapping started I thought I would tap back, first I did 2 taps, I got 2 back, I then did 3 taps, I got 3 back, and so on, every tap I did, I got the same back. Again after a while it dawn on me what the hell was I doing and I left the room quickly.
I think the worse for me was one night when I went to bed, something sat on my stomach, it was the most frighten I have been in my life and when I tried to call out for help my voice wouldn't come out through fear. Some people may ask how you know that you were not mid dream; well I hadn't been in bed long and let's just say that every ounce of sleep disappeared when this happened.
The events that happened indoors all happened in the house I grew up in, and the other event happened on the street I grew up on.
I envy anyone who reads this and deems this all as nonsense and lies as it means you haven't had to grow up with this or experience anything like this, I wish I hadn't and I hope I never experience anything like that again in my life.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:01:09 AM »
sorry for re-opening this old topic but it is great one

first things first, i am sorry for my poor English. I will try my best.

well, as you all can notice i am from the heart of Europe, there is a lot of fucking old towns, old buildings, a lot happened here in the past, i visited a lot of old places , and never noticed anything paranormal,strange and as far as i am an atheist i never believed in anything paranormal and ghosts and god and stuff. But this one time i drove my GF back home in the middle of the night and i was just on the road where some guy died few years ago because of an bike / car accident. He has a memorial "grave" with candles and flowers besides the road at the point where he died.
and now back to my "story", as i said i was riding my car, joined the main road and as i was looking if i can go while turning my eyes and my head i saw a shape of a man standing next to the place with all the candles, they were burning actually and it was kinda cold misty night it was raining all day long and when the rain stopped there was really nice mist so it was all pretty after all, but when i looked back after a second there was totally no one standing there ,it was probably 1:15 or 1:30 in the morning, so really middle of the night, so i thought who the fuck would go there in the middle of the night ,candles were already burning (so probably someone earlier visited), just few taxi drivers and cops were on the roads and me and there was absolutely no one , so i was feeling really weird because i didnt know if i was just a little sleepy and saw some bullshits just in my head or if i saw some "ghost"
it was really weird and i could not sleep that night at all, i was always replaying the whole situation in my head, now i think it was just some imagination in my head in really late hour and my mind and body was just exhausted and sleepy.
but still it is the only .... ehmm lets call it "paranormal" or better odd thing that happened to me
my GF wasnt looking at the place so she didnt see anything, unfortunately

Offline Jay

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »
Damn, that's freaky shit!  I would have wanted to stop, but know damn well I would have drove off as fast as I could, haha.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
you know when you are driving and you want to join the main road you must look to the sides if the road is free, and you are doing it automatically ,and you are focused on other vehicles and those moments are just seconds, and if something appears in the corner of your eye when you turn your head it takes maybe a second for you brain to realize. and when i immediately turned my head back to the direction of that shape there was absolutely nothing...... i was suddenly very quiet and stopped talking, my GF kept asking me what is wrong with me