Author Topic: Love metal digipak question  (Read 2118 times)

Offline six6sixways2love

Love metal digipak question
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:57:16 PM »
So I just received what was supposed to be the 'Love Metal Digipak' barcode # 828765050425 (The release w/Love's Requiem). Although it is the same barcode, mine is in a jewel case, not a digipak. The label on the CD does matches the barcode. The booklet doesn't look like it is fake, but it doesn't have that glossy shine or that high quality feel that my other love metal from 2003 has. This one feels more like the US re-release. Thoughts to whether this wasn't legit? Or maybe you have the same one I described.

I bought it from a surprisingly reputable seller on Amazon for only $20 so if I got taken, I can certainly get my money back.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: Love metal digipak question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
I'm not aware of any legit versions in a jewel case that have Love's Requiem. It's probably a bootleg.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 06:21:41 PM »
if what you wanted to buy was the digipack, then you must ask for a refund

and if is legit or not...
i would say, NOT, but sometimes there are different releases with the same EAN number
i've had problems to be sure always

for example, recently i saw one DSABH ltd edition on jewel case, but with the same number than the normal edition, tracklist is correct, doesnt looks like fake
and i saw than there are more of those on the same country, even with the hologram of authenticity
i cannot be sure if is real or not, i guess its not, but the only way to know it is buying it and having on my hands

in your case, most probably is fake
can you put pics?

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »
I didnt want to post a bunch of pics and slow down the page so I put them all in a zip folder. Sorry the quality really sucks. All I have is a cell phone at the moment. This is just for basic reference. If you want a better pic just let me know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3tzmn2qzg2

A few things that wouldn't show up from pics
1)the black on black design on the front. Like I mentioned earlier. It is NOT raised nor is it glossy. Also, the heartagram is matte, not shiny what so ever
2)When you take the cd out, there are the lyrics to love's requiem printed black on black in a spiral towards the center.
3)One interesting note, that makes it more legit than not. On the cd itself, on the bottom, the matching upc is etched in. It's not part of the label, it is part of the cd itself.

The BABL on pg 1 is definitely sketchy to me

Offline Len777

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
it's a fake read the lyrics they are all wrong i got the same thing from amazon.com seller when i wanted a back up thank god i got the real one before they went out of print i was pissed but that's def fake i gave it to someone just to listen to and never got it back don't really care though.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
it's a fake read the lyrics they are all wrong i got the same thing from amazon.com seller when i wanted a back up thank god i got the real one before they went out of print i was pissed but that's def fake i gave it to someone just to listen to and never got it back don't really care though.

i didn't even think to read the lyrics. Just glanced at them. You are so right. How funny!!! The seller is willing to give me a full refund, so all is not lost.

Thanks everyone!

ps: in case the company re-seals this one and resells it(i'm sure they will try) the company name is EliteDigital. It was through amazon.co.uk

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
its incredible how perfect sometimes are the ilegal copies
because this one looks VERY NICE, i had to say that i like it

but with wrong lyrics....

there is one "reprint" of the HER cd that have made lost any valor of that rare release
its EXACTLY the same, i've checked even the silver side, the same print!
but on the back, the track list is missing the last song

i cannot say again 100% that is fake, but the source were always doubt countries as rumania, bulgaria.... ebay sellers mostly

Offline felipe_kiss

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
it's so bad to think you've gto something legit, than in the end, it isn't at all...it sucks a lot... =/

Offline monkersville

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:25 AM »
Yeah it does suck, having trouble finding a legit copy of HER RR.