Author Topic: Screamworks Reactions  (Read 14184 times)

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
Re: Screamworks Reactions
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »
The main riff of "Ode To Solitude" is one of the best on a HIM record.

It's just kicking ass out of the gate....I love it.

Hell yeah, it's just killer.  Linde has some great licks on the album for sure.

Offline Adryfer!

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2010, 11:48:52 PM »
I like very much this new album, the sound is very clear and the letters are direct, the chorus  :o in some songs...I despair...thankfully are short :-\

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
I realize this is a petty complaint, but at the end of "Scared To Death" when Ville says, "and you're sweet like poison," really upsets me. Not only does it just sound like an unnecessary addition, but it's also factually inaccurate. One of the primary reasons things taste bitter to us, is because taste buds evolved over thousands of years to protect us from poisons, which usually taste bitter.

If most poisons tasted sweet, we would have built up a tolerance to that sense, and sugar wouldn't be used in nearly every food we consume now.

I'm sorry, but I feel I have to confront Ville on this should we meet on the future tour.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »
I hope you're kidding.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »
Well the evolutionary theory is accurate. My real gripe is that an extra line was added at all; it just disrupts the flow of the song. Granted it was already the weakest song on the album.

It still might be funny to talk to Valo about it though. I feel someone should tell him his lyrics are getting a bit overly wordy.

Offline Jay

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 10:32:06 PM »
Maybe he meant it in a sarcastic/ironic sort of way...I'm not defending him, just throwing my two cents.

Offline Nny

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »
thats what i was just gonna say i definately hear the sarcasm

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »
Well if you are going to ask him, call in right now to ask him at the rockline radio broadcast.

Offline Steel

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
I'm still loving every track on this album- hasn't left my player since I finally got it. I can't pick a favorite but really feeling Heartkiller, Arms of Rain and acoustic funeral. Only complaint I have? Not a big fan of the packaging.

Offline Mat1az

• Picciotto
  • I unlit the light to embrace the dark
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 11:21:17 AM »
I must admit, after now listening to the album the first time, that I don't like it. I like som parts, but the these parts are ruined by less good parts, or really awful parts.

I can understand that some people like this new album. The refrains are catchy, the whole album is nearly 100% radio material. But I think the melodies are too easy, it's sounds allmost like whatever song you hear now days by a typical radio-rock-band. But there are, as I said, som good melodies. But again, these are ruined by the other mediocre ones.

If this is the way "new" HIM is going, my realations with the bands music will soon be long gone.

I'm going to see them live at Sonisphere in Finland this summer, hope they will convince me to stay.

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 01:01:28 PM »
i've listened this album many times, much more than the previous one, but venus doom was only 9 songs
i'm listening it right now
so many times that i've lost the count

Mat1az, you seem to be talking about a Girl!

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »
Maybe he meant it in a sarcastic/ironic sort of way...I'm not defending him, just throwing my two cents.

I thought I was laying it on pretty thick.

Offline Jay

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »
Oh I meant Ville was being sarcastic/ironic.  Or...I'm confused now.  The little hampster in my head is tired and will not work anymore....

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
I realize this is a petty complaint, but at the end of "Scared To Death" when Ville says, "and you're sweet like poison," really upsets me. Not only does it just sound like an unnecessary addition, but it's also factually inaccurate. One of the primary reasons things taste bitter to us, is because taste buds evolved over thousands of years to protect us from poisons, which usually taste bitter.

If most poisons tasted sweet, we would have built up a tolerance to that sense, and sugar wouldn't be used in nearly every food we consume now.

I'm sorry, but I feel I have to confront Ville on this should we meet on the future tour.

I felt the same way when I heard "Killing Loneliness". How can one kill loneliness? Loneliness is a feeling, not a living thing. It kind of pisses me off... what was Ville thinking when he wrote that lyric! Make sure you confront him about that too! Don't even get me started on "In The Arms of Rain" WTF!! How can one be held in the arms of that which has no arms? Am I right??
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 05:19:10 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Len777

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »

I felt the same way when I heard "Killing Loneliness". How can one kill loneliness? Loneliness is a feeling, not a living thing. It kind of pisses me off... what was Ville thinking when he wrote that lyric! Make sure you confront him about that too! Don't even get me started on "In The Arms of Rain" WTF!! How can one be held in the arms of that which has no arms? Am I right??

Hahah literary technique i love metaphors, and similies i think Ville is very good at using them.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
That's actually one of my favorite tracks on the album, though largely in part due to the music. I am very unhappy with a good deal of the lyrics on this album, but I had the same feeling with parts of Dark Light and a decent section of Venus Doom. It's probably just a change in my own personal taste though.

Did it both anyone else that in "Disarm Me" he says "loneliness" exactly the same as he did in "Killing Loneliness?" Personally I would have tried to come up a different word.

Oh, and another thing. In Heartkiller he says "luna alight," but it seems clear to me that it's really supposed to be "lunar light." Sorry Ville, but if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and sounds like lunar light, then it probably is.

Offline Jay

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
It's sort of like "killing time."  How would you do that?

And Razorblade Kiss....that would be painful!

And Drunk On Shadows!!  How the fuck do you consume a shadow??

;)

Offline smedlock

• Picciotto
  • You cant escape the wrath of my heart.....
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
anyway...

Fucking love screamworks.
Close my eyes, Hold me tight, And bury me deep inside your heart

Offline felipe_kiss

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:36 PM »
the more you listen to Screamworks, more the songs grows on you...that is great!

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
Not really, if anything, Scared to Death is the most radio friendly track on the cd.

I really think the band doesn't get anymore recognition because after people in America heard Dark Light and loved it, they released Venus Doom. People who loved the shitty radio friendly songs of Dark Light hated Venus Doom and didn't even bother buying anymore things from the band. If Screamworks followed Dark Light the band may have had more recognition still in America.

Offline Luna

• looking for a cup of coffee
  • Cafone
  • The Beanie Rules!!!!!
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »
I am just not sure about this yet, I have listened to it but not as much as the other Cd's,I miss the melancholy sound of the old HIM.I miss the sound that I fell in love with the band in the first place.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2010, 12:30:46 AM »
i don't know why but this album is like an addiction for me i try to listen to something else and end up playing screamworks 10 minutes later
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline navimo

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
First I didn't like the album but now...I love it!
It sounds different from the albums before.
My favorites are Ode To Solitude (like so many people :D), Dying Song, Shatter Me With Hope and Like St. Valentine.

I don't like The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness, but my mother love it... :-\

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
You know what dudes?   I give up!  I cannot stop to listen to the damn album!  its so addictive! Honestly I like all songs!  I hope they are playing many of them in their new tour.

Cheers!!!
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »
This a a great album! Not HIM's best, but still wonderful. I'm glad it's more upbeat and hopeful. It's hard to pick a fave song, but I think its a tie b/t In The Arms of Rain and TFSOIH. I wish they would do In The Arms of Rain live, it would be amazing!
And, is it just me, or does it seem that the bridges in most of the songs are the best parts, like the monk-chanting moment in the first track?