Author Topic: What is going on with HIM?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
What is going on with HIM?
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
hello guys,

been a couple of years since i posted here, i noticed all my and others boot legg's have been taken down, due to legal reasons im guessing?

Anyhow, im still a big HIM, i was very dissapointed at Venus doom to be honest, i liked bleed well, and kiss of dawn was ok.... but the rest of the album sounded like the band was dying.

Now this new album im scared about, i think its either going to make alot of old school him fans run to the hills or make there heart melt like they did with the first 3 albums.

I understand a band has to change there sound otherwise they become stale, but im not sure about the debut track heartkiller, i mean i saw it being advertised on the channel Starztv, and that is a very mainstream/crappy channel, and im used to HIM videos being rare on tv and thats the way i think me and alot of others loved it.

I mean 'Scared to death' judging by that live video sounds very nice and melodic, but heartkiller im not sure about to be honest i think its going to be the wingos of a butterfly for this album.

Also what is happening to Ville's weight? he looks so ill.

anyhow, nice to be back.
xx

Edit - Heartkiller i think sounds quite kool after listening to it a few times, the video is a bit crappy though, ville again looks ill and scary, i think the artwork sucks but the album as i see it now looks promising, i will be ordering the one from heartagrma.com shortly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:35:31 PM by BABL »

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
Re: What is going on with HIM?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:55 AM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA Now there's someone I haven't seen in forever!!!

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:14:25 PM »
It really doesn't matter if their music is played on mainstream channels as long as the album is good.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA Now there's someone I haven't seen in forever!!!

haha i second that.

WELCOME BACK!

and most of us agree with everything you just said...heartkiller wasnt very good the first few times i heard it...but like any HIM song...the trance shows up and...well...then your in it haha.

video blows fucking hardcore.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:38:06 PM by LonelyRoad »

Offline Spiritual_takeover

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
It really doesn't matter if their music is played on mainstream channels as long as the album is good.

Next thing, Heartkiller is gonna show up on Disney Channel... I wish the band would think just once in the next years about pleasing their old fans, not just constantly grow in the American fans' hearts like "a really kool band"
Breathe your poison in other people's hearts

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »

for most of us...the 'unknown-ness' about HIM was the most appealing thing...it was our little secret...it was a close-nit thing to be a HIM fan...

now...its a nice mallgrab.

Offline Jay

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
HELL YEAH!! Welcome the fuck back man!!

(Btw, there was a new policy regarding the boots, but I didn't add anyone who hadn't logged into the site forever.  But you've been included again.)

Yeah, I certainly miss wearing shirts with heartagrams on them and having everyone wonder what it was...now, it's become too saturated.

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »

for most of us...the 'unknown-ness' about HIM was the most appealing thing...it was our little secret...it was a close-nit thing to be a HIM fan...

now...its a nice mallgrab.

I couldn't agree with you anymore, Nick.
I miss going to school with people looking at me weird for the shirts and the music blairing. But now everyone is doing that, lol.
Thank you Bam Margera.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 03:55:11 PM »
Yeah, I certainly miss wearing shirts with heartagrams on them and having everyone wonder what it was...now, it's become too saturated.

You and me both, brother.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »
Need I remind you guys that HIM has been part of mall-culture since about 2005? I figured the pain brought on by the influx of new fans would have subsided by now.

Granted even as I type this I remember the good ol' days of paying $40 to import Deep Shadows.....good times.

Offline BABL

• This is how it ends, Not with a Whimper but with a Bang
  • Mobbed Up
  • ~To Dance Fornicate And Murder~
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »
wow didnt expect such a nice welcome back, im surprised you all still remember me xD, anyhow i like the song heartkiller and scared to death sounds promising, but little worried about how skinny he is hehe.

Anyhow great to be back xD

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:19 PM »
*starts a Welcome Back chant*  ;D

Good to see another friendly face I know on the boards.

I think the future is going to be good for HIM just for the record.

Offline Nny

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »
i havent payed close attention in like 3 years but i feel like i didnt miss much at all

Offline OMandiG

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »

Yeah except it's not good. I love it only because I support HIM even though I don't like the direction they're taking their music. When I heard heartkiller the first time I was like.. "Really? Crap." but I'm still gonna buy the album.. it's an illness.