Author Topic: Most Anticipated Song from Screamworks  (Read 4420 times)

Offline stigmata92

Most Anticipated Song from Screamworks
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
List your most anticipated song from the album based on whatever you feel like.

For me I feel the last song, The foreboding sense of impending happiness seems very interesting after reading the Metal Hammer description. I also wanted to hear HIM with some electronic elements and this song seems like what I wanted. It also helps knowing that Metal Hammer said this was their fave song off the album.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
Re: Most Anticipated Song from Screamworks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 10:41:42 PM »
For me, it is:

9. Ode to Solitude
13. The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness

Ode to Solitude because it sounds like a B-side from the Love Metal era, and I would love for this album to be Love Metal 2

The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness (I'll be the first to officially call it this, TFSOIH) also sounds very interesting. The electronic elements that they claim to have, should make this like no other HIM song we've heard. I'm very excited for this one!

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 12:25:35 AM »
i just want to hear ever song but i really want to hear what  Dying Song
Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness) and Acoustic Funeral (For Love In Limbo) very interesting titles but you definetly can't judge a song by the title before actually hearing it
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:45:30 AM »
im looking forward to the whole album...after heartkiller turned out to not suck...

i want to hear more.

although...in all honesty....im not really digging the new lyric direction...since VD...some of the lyrics/song titles have been pretty hokey.

personal opinion...dont comment back on that...unless its to agree...goddamnit.

koohai

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »
Personally, I can't wait to hear the whole album. I'm really eager to listen to the ballad "Disarm Me" and the so-called heaviest track, "Shatter Me With Hope".

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
im looking forward to the whole album...after heartkiller turned out to not suck...

i want to hear more.

although...in all honesty....im not really digging the new lyric direction...since VD...some of the lyrics/song titles have been pretty hokey.

personal opinion...dont comment back on that...unless its to agree...goddamnit.

I see exactly where you're going with this. Despite being a heavy album the lyrics are nowhere near as dark or interesting as on their older albums (GLSV666). I feel with this album it will be more so basing it on Heartkiller.

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
I'm curious about "Shatter Me With Hope". Kinda cool title. MH says it's the heaviest song of Screamworks, and considering their description of Heartkiller was pretty accurate, I think we can believe them :P I love heavy stuff, so that sounds like my future favorite track from Screamworks ;)
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
Shatter Me With Hope because of the heaviness.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 01:19:32 PM »
In the podcast, the people say the best songs on the cd are the last two.

Offline maz911216

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 04:58:07 AM »
im looking forward to st. valentine. :) a drum n bass intro lol lets see if they can pull it off

Offline navimo

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »
Shatter Me With Hope because it's a heavy song.
And The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness, because it sounds very interesting and the electronic sound is something new from HIM.

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »
I can't wait to hear it all! :)
But I'm most looking forward to Dying Song cuz of the "epic chorus" and guitar solo mentioned in the Metal Hammer review, also In Venere Veritas cuz even though it will be poppy, I'm really interested to hear the monk-like chanting, that could turn out to be pretty sweet. :)

Offline DarkAngel19732

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »
I'm dying to hear "Dying Song".. seems as if it will be a great one! But for now I am loving "Scared To Death".. sounds like my life lol.. I just can't wait for the entire album!!! :)

Offline Danny

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »
Personally, I can't wait to hear the whole album. I'm really eager to listen to the ballad "Disarm Me" and the so-called heaviest track, "Shatter Me With Hope".
I think "St Valentine" will be the heaviest track according to that "Under the gun" homepage!

But i`m really looking forward to: St Valentine and Ode To Solitude

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 07:02:33 AM »
I am really looking forward to hear Love the hardest way , from Helldone it is my favourite song from all these i could hear(heartkiller,scared to death,love the hardest way,shatter me with hope) .I think album studio version will be really beautiful.

and acoustic CD is second thing that i am looking forward to hear.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »
every time ville valo says his fav song it usually is the best song and i read he liked disarm me the most and its been in the make since 2002 so im pumped.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »
Now I'm anticipating (though that's too big word...) only the song that Ville apparently wrote long time ago (Disarm Me it was?) - there's a slight chance it will sound like that finnish band called HIM we once knew :P

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »
Like St. Valentine interests me with the drum 'n' bass descriptions

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »
Now I'm anticipating (though that's too big word...) only the song that Ville apparently wrote long time ago (Disarm Me it was?) - there's a slight chance it will sound like that finnish band called HIM we once knew :P

wth I don't know what you are talking about. All the new songs still sound like HIM. You have to realize that every band changes their sound, and HIM does it pretty much every cd. I'm pretty sure you are going to be dissapointed until you stopping hoping for a Razorblade Romance 2 because it will never happen.

Offline Len777

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
It seems a lot of older him fans tend to 'fear for the best and hope for the worst' every time a new album comes out. kinda pisses me off a little. I'm all for opinions but sometimes if you aren't going to say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. If you haven't liked what the band has done the past three albums then A) Why are you here? B)Why do you feel your critique is necessary?C)Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck? Just go listen to some shitty band of your liking and stop clogging up a message board for fans, and stop pissing and moaning all over my happiness. I come here to relax and read about my favorite band, that's what this board is for. If you don't like the band anymore go start an anti-HIM message board and fuck yourself. good day. ;D

Most anticipated song for me personally Love the Hardest Way, and now In the Arms of Rain, because in a review they said it sounds like a RHIMA. Like St Valentine, and Katherine Wheel keep poking my brain as well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:47:32 PM by Len666 »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 12:08:29 AM »
It seems a lot of older him fans tend to 'fear for the best and hope for the worst' every time a new album comes out. kinda pisses me off a little. I'm all for opinions but sometimes if you aren't going to say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. If you haven't liked what the band has done the past three albums then A) Why are you here? B)Why do you feel your critique is necessary?C)Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck? Just go listen to some shitty band of your liking and stop clogging up a message board for fans, and stop pissing and moaning all over my happiness. I come here to relax and read about my favorite band, that's what this board is for. If you don't like the band anymore go start an anti-HIM message board and fuck yourself. good day. ;D

i highly agree  ;D  all people can do is bitch about things they don't like and bring everyone elses happiness about the album down since all there is, is negative feedback about it nothing good

Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Nny

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 03:35:54 AM »
cant even pick one just ooooo so pumped

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »

Most anticipated song for me personally Love the Hardest Way, and now In the Arms of Rain, because in a review they said it sounds like a RHIMA. Like St Valentine, and Katherine Wheel keep poking my brain as well.

Since when I can't say anything bad about band that I listen for so many years? I absolutely love Venus Doom, so it's not like I moan about everything released by Warner. The album was fantastic, it was heavy, I'd even say that musically it was their best - really showed how skillful musicians they are. Great riffs, great solos, all about guitar. Impressive drums too. Long, maybe even epic songs. Loved that.

If I'm a HIM fan I need to shit myself every time something comes out? Maybe I'm stupid or something, but the fact that they've been awesome for years doesn't mean they can record something shit and I'll go buy like I did with previous albums. Look, I love the old Metallica stuff for example, everything from Kill' Em All to Black Album was great, but that doesn't mean that I need to listen Load or St. Anger too because otherwise I'm not a fan.

Oh, and by the way, I love Like Saint Valentine, it really gives hope that whole album is not gonna be as poor as Heartkiller and those two played at Helldone. I hope for few more punk-inspired song like this one. Shatter Me With Hope is decent, great solo in the middle. Contrary to popular belief, I think Hiili did better job than the Squire boy.

Offline Goetia

• Cafone
  • never love anything to much, you cannot see it die
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 05:28:04 AM »
Honestly i'm a GLV666 kinda gall, I hated DL , but I'm excited with this new album and i can't wait to hear The Acoustic funeral (for love in limbo) and The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness i just think it's a kinky song ;D ;D

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 03:28:54 PM »
I'm quite interested in Acoustic Funeral (For Love in Limbo). I'm really happy Ville's writing has improved in general.