Author Topic: HIM TOUR 2010  (Read 32701 times)

Offline snuffupakiss

Re: HIM TOUR 2010
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
anyone going to the calgary show?

me! me!!!! so excited i slept 4 hours last night  :D

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:27 AM »
i have a black top hat i wrote song lyrics on and put a note inside of songs they should play during the 3 nyc shows that i want to throw on stage and hope ville reads it and decides to play some of the songs on it, i put loves requiem first but i doubt they'll play it but they might get a laugh out of that and sweet pandemonium along with a few others they haven't played in years i'm hoping since they change some songs based on what fans scream out at them some shows that they'll play some of my requests, we'll see
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline livewire625

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
:( I cant download from dimeadozen on this computer. I can do it at home but im not living at home anymore. I too would appreciate if someone could put it on another site, or megaupload, rapidshare, or sendspace the Boston show as well.

But of course only if a few others want it too. If it is in the Media section of this site, I used to have access to it but dont anymore. Im not sure if the post count required went up or If Im just missing it. Thanks for any help. :)

Offline playdead616

« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
anyone going to the calgary show?

me! me!!!! so excited i slept 4 hours last night  :D

That show was soo sick, they closed with rebel yell, and they did a little jam-of-sorts of Solitude (B.S.). and a little HA-HA: Gas's main crash cymbal was comming loose, and when the tech guy came to fix it, Ville came from behind and quote, 'date raped' him lolol... I got linde's sweaty towel  :-\  ??? hahahahaa.. umm, yea. Me and some friends ended up hanging out with Drive-A on their bus for a few hours, had some drinks, just chilled out. great bunch of guys. They gave us a flat of Monster drinks for the road haha.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »
pretty fucking stoked right now...

betsy just invited me to the show in SF tomorrow...she had a left over ticket and a hotel booked!

so pumped!

<3

JEALOUS!?

Offline Jay

« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
pretty fucking stoked right now...

betsy just invited me to the show in SF tomorrow...she had a left over ticket and a hotel booked!

so pumped!

<3

JEALOUS!?

I am...she better not be sleeping in the same bed!  She besta keep her paws offa mah man!  *snaps fingers in "z" formation*

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57:18 AM »
oh dont you worry your pretty head babay! y0 man aint goin no place!

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »
the show was awesome...the regency is a rad venue, pretty small...so it was rad as fuck.

we were about 8 feet from the stage, and we showed up after the first band already played...and didnt go in until WATF played...(Ps...the singer (looked) hot as fackk.)...it was awesome how easy it was to get as close as we did.

i'll have to check through my phone and go through the setlist...but the encore was 1 song...and it was Rebel Yell...

i got a whole 3 shows under my belt lol. '04, '05 and now '10.

oh...i talked to the merch dude and he said that he has YET to sell out of the tour posters...idk why.

theres only 160 of them...and they're all personal to the venue. IE: they say H.I.M. venue name.......city and date...and they are hand numbered /160. i got 36.

the merch guy guaranteed that he would have plenty of posters at the end of the night, and he even went as far as shaking my hand and saying..."if i run out, i will literally give you $25." either way...it was a win!

thank you Betsy for the ticket, hotel room, ride, and fucking crazy loooooooong night! <33

1 dude...2 chicks...the force is strong with this one! i am a fucking saint! my woman loves me dearly! haha...ok im done.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:07 AM »
Just got home from Anaheim. I apologize now for typos,incoherent sentences, etc. It's 2am(Now 3 by the time I finished typing).

In case you visit Disneyland or Orange County in general, watch out! because apparently they like to throw stuff at your head. I'll get to that a little later on.

First off-the entire fan base has completely changed. Just alot more casual people, HIM virgins, etc. It's very odd, hard to describe unless you've been going to HIM show after HIM show in the L.A. area and you're just used to seeing the same groups of people.

Bands:
Drive-A - straight up punk band. Alright for punk. But typical 3 note riffs, etc. Nothing you've never heard.Funniest part was the singer was introducing a song about "not letting people tell you how to run your life." Then told the crowd to say F**K you. O, the irony.

Dommin - Probably best band of the night. Sound was spot on. Crowd was surprising energetic towards them. I loved them.
SET LIST:
New
My Heart your Hands
Dark Holiday
I Still Lost
I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight
Without End

We Are The Fallen - So it is literally Evanescence without Amy Lee. By that I mean a few things.
1)The guitarist wrote all the lyrics and most music for Evanes. So lyrically and musically sounds almost the same
2)3 of the members in WATF are from Evanes.
3)The singer sounds like Amy Lee without the vocal range. [Just found out she finished 6th place in American Idol season 7. Enough said]
I never liked Evanescence. I didn't care much for WATF except for some harmonizing guitars and some good metal riffs. Overall, each song sounds the same.

HIM- [Note:this was my 9th time seeing them since 2005, so I have alot to compare it to] The stage was uninspired and boring. Ville's mic was waaaaay too low. I wear earplugs for the show so I'm not deaf. But also, the plugs help filter out treble and bad noises, so I can hear everything the way it truly sounds, much like the soundboard.....and he was quiet. But the boys were extremely energetic and having a great time. VV was a little chatterbox although he mumbles. As expected, the set list focused on much slower paced songs.
SET LIST
St Valentine
RHIMA
WOAB
Scared to Death
KOD
JM
Heartkiller
Wicked Game + Jam (very tasty 3 min Linde solo)
BABL
Disarm Me

*Between Disarm/Bleed someone threw eyeliner on stage. Ville said something like "Do you want us to be more like Turbonegro?" Then sung a few lines of Rendezvous With Anus ;D !!! Probably highlight of the evening.*
Bleed Well - So of course throughout the show bras & handmade charm bracelets are being tossed gently onstage. Not big deal, thats normal. But right before the guitar solo some asshole decides to throw a 400 page book right at Ville's face! Quickly followed by a solid wooden bracelet at his face!!! The obvious pissed off Finn stops the song and show. And gave a 4-5 minute lecture on how messed up that is. And after Dimebag Darrel, it's just scary having things throw at you. Not to mention it breaks their concentration. VV also used some very choice words that would get me kicked out of the forum. But they started the song back up where they left off and played with that much more energy.
Killing Loneliness
Katherine Wheel
Funeral Of Hearts

*Encore*
Rebel Yell - I've never heard it live, only on recorded shows. So I was a happy camper.

Very short set. Only 15 songs. I think part because they were pissed about the throwing stuff, and the crowd was pretty lame tame. Damn HIM virgins just standing there taking pictures the whole time.

Merch wise, I just picked up the litho for now. I'm going to snag clothes on Friday in Hollywood. $25 shirts, $40 sweatshirts. Dommin and WATF shirts are also $25. Same situation with the posters not selling. I bought mine after the show was over and had #11 (presuming they are in order). I'm shocked people aren't buying them.

Goodnight/Goodmorning everyone. I'll re-read this in the morning and fix everything
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:41:20 AM by six6sixways2love »
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »
HAHAHA I KNEW IT!

we were walking by when they were loading WATF's shit up into the trailer...and it STILL has an EVANESANCE (SP...idc...) stencil spray painted on it...we laughed.

but that makes it even better!

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
Oh Nick, my dear, you are very welcome! thanks for taking care of me and putting up with my insane shenanignas!  :-*

- drinks in the room
- "REALLY toilet paper?..."
- lost my glasses but i found them
- lost Nicks beanie, didnt find it...again im sorry  :'(
- snagged #37 & #38 of the tour poster
- baked hamburgers
- black liquor = no bueno.
- familiar faces, bums, swingin' eskimos and an argentinian named "german"...
- Nick might get a job at evil ink so go get tattooed

useless info for you guys but hey, it was a long and crazy night! haha!

HIM, of course, was amazing...thats really all i can say.

i had no idea that was the chick from american idol, i watched that season too. interesting...

and Jay, dont worry...the only time i layed hands on "yo man" was when i jumped on him and hugged him, in bed...ha!

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2010, 04:58:44 AM »
HAHAHA I KNEW IT!

we were walking by when they were loading WATF's shit up into the trailer...and it STILL has an EVANESANCE (SP...idc...) stencil spray painted on it...we laughed.

but that makes it even better!

yeah, not looking forward to hearing them in hollywood.

I think the best way to sum up the singer is based on a little song called Ode to Solitude;

"Easy on the eyes, uneasy on the ears."

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »
i showed my gf a picture of the singer of WATF and she goes..."whats her name? look it up...cuz if its carlie smithson im gunna laugh..." and...it is...

hottie!

Offline Filipo Solari

« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
Disarm Me
*Between Disarm/Bleed someone threw eyeliner on stage. Ville said something like "Do you want us to be more like Turbonegro?" Then sung a few lines of Rendezvous With Anus ;D !!! Probably highlight of the evening.*
Bleed Well

Do you have any video fo this? at least an audio file?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:25:14 PM by Jørgen Cøz »

Offline Jay

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Hmm, I'm seeing them April 30th, my birthday...do you think the singer from WATF would give me a birthday beej?

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2010, 05:25:53 AM »
Disarm Me
Bleed Well

Do you have any video fo this? at least an audio file?

I don't. But there were enough god damn people taking pictures and videos the WHOLE time, that someone is bound to have it. I'm sure it will surface this weekend.

On another note. Same song-for-song set list as Anaheim also in San Diego and Hollywood.

I had a friend go to the SD show, he said Ville sang 1 verse+chorus of Solitary Man before going into Rebel Yell.

Tonight in Hollywood someone threw a pack of cigs on stage before FOH. Ville picked them up, looked at them very intensely, and started singing the 1st verse+ chorus of Gone With the Sin. VERY APPROPRIATE...."I love your skin o so white"!

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
Hmm, I'm seeing them April 30th, my birthday...do you think the singer from WATF would give me a birthday beej?

only if you want us to be completely over!

Offline Jay

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »

only if you want us to be completely over!

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY!

Offline B_Mac

« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »
does anybody have the VIP tickets to the NY show, I'm curious to know if they look the same as the Philly show? anyone know what they look like?

Offline Jay

« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »
My review of the Houston show is up on the main page...

For the love of God, please cut out Wicked Game!!!

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »
My review of the Houston show is up on the main page...

For the love of God, please cut out Wicked Game!!!

I agree, it's kinda odd how they have so much material and yet they still play a cover song. (2 covers when they play rebel yell). Also, aren't they sick of join me? That's waaay more dull than wicked game IMO.

I still think that they should have like 3-4 different set lists per tour they rotate through. Each set would have the staple songs in different orders, but also have curveballs thrown in. That way the people who go to multiple shows get something different. Also, I think it would sell more tickets because people who would normally go to just one show would start going to 2 or 3 if they know that they get something different for their money.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2010, 02:03:50 AM »
does anybody have the VIP tickets to the NY show, I'm curious to know if they look the same as the Philly show? anyone know what they look like?

i think they're the same i have the vip badge which is the same for everyone and the tickets are from ticketmaster
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 02:04:41 AM by vampireheart616 »
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
Currently at the first NY show. Posting from my iPhone. (Jay, we need a Sacrament app! Haha) I won't give a review of the warm up bands cause I did for the Boston show and there are enough up here anyways. I'll be giving the live set list update like a I did last time.

1) Intro
2) Like St. Valentine
3) Right Here In My Arms
4) Wings of a Butterfly
5) Love, The Hardest Way
6) Kiss of Dawn
7) Join Me
8) Heartkiller
9) Wicked Game (w/ Jam for Ville's cig break)
10) Bleed Well
11) Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness)
12) Buried Alive By Love
13) Poison Girl
14) Killing Loneliness
15) Funeral Of Hearts
Encore
16) Rebel Yell
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:45:10 PM by Rasta666 »

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2010, 03:47:32 AM »
doesn't look like they've changed the set (song wise) since I got a report from las vegas.

I'm still upset that california got scared to death+katherine instead of poison girl+love the hardest way. I would of much preferred the latter

Offline Jay

« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »
I wanted Katherine Wheel...we could have traded.