Author Topic: Heartkiller 30 second clip  (Read 30995 times)

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
Re: Heartkiller 30 second clip
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
I'm looking forward to this future of HIM, is exciting times to be a fan.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 08:12:57 PM »
After listening to the sample it sure does grow on you, and I admit I probably judged the album unfairly. Just when people compare this to RR I realize they have no clue what they're talking about cuz this sounds nothing like that cd.

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »
After listening to the sample it sure does grow on you, and I admit I probably judged the album unfairly. Just when people compare this to RR I realize they have no clue what they're talking about cuz this sounds nothing like that cd.

I don't know if it is intentional by the band or not but none of the albums sound alike yet all have the HIM signature feel.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
  • There is no end to the hurting - I love you...
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
i like it alot trying new things is always good ;)
This isn't new, it's Dark Light on steroids.
We are the ones with moonlit hearts - run to me
And we belong to another world
Run to me

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2009, 08:39:22 PM »
Well the lyrics are still signature Valo, but I'd argue they have matured into something closer to poetry (compare Beginning of the End to Heartkiller's sample). Dark Light was very Americanized, but I think Venus Doom was a departure from that. Even the singles were far too slow and meloncholic to really grab mass appeal save Bleed Well. Anyways, I'm just saying that judgement of an album upon one song is jumping the gun, and that getting upset that a single is catchy and "American" is also silly given the nature of single releases.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »

I don't know if it is intentional by the band or not but none of the albums sound alike yet all have the HIM signature feel.

Yeah but this one more so sounds the strangest out of the bunch because villes voice has too many layers making the whole thing sound like a mess. Like i said before I jumped the gun on basing that the cd will suck on a low quality amazon clip. I believe that this cd can be good but feel that it got too americanized because of matt squire.

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2009, 08:54:34 PM »

Yeah but this one more so sounds the strangest out of the bunch because villes voice has too many layers making the whole thing sound like a mess. Like i said before I jumped the gun on basing that the cd will suck on a low quality amazon clip. I believe that this cd can be good but feel that it got too americanized because of matt squire.

That's cool, I understand.

I think the layering adds depth to his voice.  But again I am jumping the gun by judging it as being great and others are jumping the gun by saying its bad.  It's a taster and a simple clip to have something to think about.  Opinions will be different by the time Screamworks is upon us.

But I guess speaking about it is why we are all here eh? :D

Offline Len777

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »

that's your opinion. Fact, dark light had really watered down guitars. Heartkiller doesn't. yes it's poppy but i like it and it does sound different having said that still sounds like my favorite band. ps the songwriting  on DL was great tim palmer fucked that album during the mixing process.

edit hey guys and gals check out this sample click the red button
http://www.radiorock.fi/musiikki/keskiyon_ensisoitto.html
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:29:33 PM by Len666 »

Offline Filipo Solari

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2009, 09:39:33 PM »
I dont really like the teaser...we lost HIM in 2005...remember? Dark Light, Venus Doom the poor singles and that stuff .

This is an american "alternative rock" only for sale million copies to an american people, I wish I would be wrong I hope this single be the "most commercial" song in the album and I hope the rest of the tracks will be better.

agree with you, im totally disapointed,, love metal  raz rom , greatest ... which is the best,, i miss those times,, to comercial , broke my heart this 30 sec clip

hm :-\
I think this is a compromize between RR and LM, and exactly my wish for this album, but sppreciations seem different

Yep pretty diferent...mmm its like when your all time girlfriend left you, and she began wear sexual clothes to grab the sights of all those rich people then she sales her body to these rich people haha just kidding...

We're waiting for a good album indeed  :)

Offline Gemma.

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
it's mean, I likes it. and I don't say that often.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »

that's your opinion. Fact, dark light had really watered down guitars. Heartkiller doesn't. yes it's poppy but i like it and it does sound different having said that still sounds like my favorite band. ps the songwriting  on DL was great tim palmer fucked that album during the mixing process.

I don't see any sample on that site. Where is it?

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »
That red thing. haha Just click it and it'll play.
Run to me

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
oh haha for some reason it wasn't showing up, i got it now thnx.

Offline Eric616

• Picciotto
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »

The guitar IS watered down. Listen to the palm mutes, then listen to the palm mutes on Dark Light and Venus Doom. I think you know which one it sounds like.
Run to me

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2009, 10:24:18 PM »
im pretty sure when this album comes out, its going to surprise us all.

near the end of that sample it sounds like it goes into a very HIM style solo with guitars and keyboards.

just wait for tomorrow or whenever its suppose to come out.

then we can continue this discussion.

Offline Len777

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

The guitar IS watered down. Listen to the palm mutes, then listen to the palm mutes on Dark Light and Venus Doom. I think you know which one it sounds like.

The Guitar is not super compressed like on dark light. there is always a little compression now a days, dark light had way more than this song. and palm muting has nothing to do with the guitar being watered down. i was talking about the compression which is a tool they use in the studio which completely squashes the audio wav. the drums on dl were also too compressed, for my taste that is.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:27:39 PM by Len666 »

Offline Carrie

• ~open your arms~
  • Picciotto
  • ~vampire heart~
    • FuneralofHearts.com
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »
I have to admit I am kind of digging on it. It's only 30 seconds, but the cheese factor seems pretty high. LOL

Offline Jay

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 01:10:12 AM »
I know I haven't been very active here, but when did Ville join the The All American Rejects?

Offline Len777

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »
I know I haven't been very active here, but when did Ville join the The All American Rejects?

lol guess your not diggin it too much jay?

Offline Carrie

• ~open your arms~
  • Picciotto
  • ~vampire heart~
    • FuneralofHearts.com
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »

HAHAHHA Jay let's have mass babies! I think you almost made my yummy chicken flauta come out of my nostrils!

Offline Jay

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »
I didn't like it the first time I played it.  I keep waiting for that song that makes me jizz instantly.  Under the Rose came really close, though (no pun intended.) 

Sorry Carrie, you probably didn't want to hear about jizz while eating a chicken flauta.  One must never waste such tastiness. 

Offline Carrie

• ~open your arms~
  • Picciotto
  • ~vampire heart~
    • FuneralofHearts.com
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »
Jay dude i am not even gonna comment about jizz with chicken...omg dipping sauce *shuts up* Yeah back to the uhhh music....

So when I listened to it the first time, my first reaction was hysterical laughter and giddiness...complete with office chair bounciness and a insane smile. And then the first 10 seconds were over and I listened. It reminds me and a few other people I've shown it to of Razorblade Romance type sounds. Which is cool. Then again I am serious I think the song sounds hella cheesey (but I like cheese...not fromundah...just HAD to say). Anyway so yeah that is my full thought about it for the moment. I have only listened like 5 times. I want to wait for the whole album, actually buy it and then bitch.

Offline Len777

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 01:33:22 AM »
haha i love how talking about heartkiller turned into a convo about jizz and frumunda chzz way to stay on topic peeps lol i think that once we hear it in it's entirety there wil be plenty of jizz to go round ;) at least from me  :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:45:33 AM by Len666 »

Offline Jay

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
I seem to infect people with jizz.  I mean, wait...uhh, yeah, Heartkiller is perfectly good American pop shit.  I've never heard HIM on my local stations except once or twice when they played Join Me (in 2007, no less).  Now, I believe/fear that I'll turn on the pop station here and it'll be in heavy rotation along side Blacked Eyed Peas.

Offline Carrie

• ~open your arms~
  • Picciotto
  • ~vampire heart~
    • FuneralofHearts.com
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2009, 01:44:43 AM »
Yeah the next mega show w/ HIM, Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas. I am so there. With a Jizz umbrelly! lol
BTW hi Leners!