Author Topic: Heartkiller 30 second clip  (Read 31004 times)

Offline monkersville

Re: Heartkiller 30 second clip
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »
The intro for the song is amazing.  Just sounds so cool.  And yeah he sounds like his accent isn't all there, but you can still hear it.  And, it doesn't sound forced.  This song is just amazing can't stop listening to it. 

Offline Len777

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
i'm curious to see if this itunes release has any other songs with it like an acoustic version or something???? i hope so that would be awesome

edit nevermind it's on us itunes now just the single  :(
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:19:41 PM by Len666 »

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:26 PM »
I'm starting to think that the physical release will be in February, that's why some countries have to wait much longer.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2009, 11:49:53 PM »
I'm really excited to buy it on iTunes, but I feel like it's just gonna be one song, with no b-sides

Offline Len777

« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »
no b-sides just bought it on itunes like 20 minutes ago i have the first review hahahaha

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »
It's also on Amazon.com for 99 cents, for us cheapskates.  :D
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
no b-sides just bought it on itunes like 20 minutes ago i have the first review hahahaha
what a bummer... even a radio edit would have been nice

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »

Now i can judge the whole song, not a nice song . horrible lyrics. Thats my opinion pls respect it as i respect yours, its democracy dude.. wtf ???

I'm really with you on this one.  Of course HIM super fans are going to love them even if they crap in all the record tracks in the studio.    
My overall view and honestly,  this is my point of view and if you don't like it... granted.

HIM years ago lost that touchy and melodic feel that got our attention in just seconds.  To my own perspective, that HIM died with Dark Light,   nice album, average songs with average comercial opportunities, then came Venus Doom and "what the hell were they thinking??" oh whatever, lets carry on;   but now comes the new single that opens up the door to what to expect:

The intro?  the electronic bits and sinthetized sound are cool but then the "main riff" comes up and screws the intro completely, that for me is the first flaw.  Ville's voice, very average.  The song verse and chorus melody are catchy and obviously they were aiming to a commercial song,  not achieved by many aspects.        
Second greatest flaw??? lyrics!   come man!  I recall that every damn song in the GLS666 to LM catalogue had intriguing and incredible lines that you can use easily to touch every girl heart!    what happened to lines like "my heaven is wherever you are" or "my home is in your arms" ??    
Please kick my ass for this but I dont really get it.    Lazarus at frankensteins??? what the hell?? if I dedicate that song to a girl, surely is going to send the ipod up my ass for such a line.     Oh well,  lets keep going.
As usual, drum and bass wise,  Mige and Gas are not exploiting themselves to their full potential.

So in conclusion:  The song is OK, I have listened to it like a 100 times and I like it but Its way below HIM great standards. We're all waiting for a new GLS666, RR or DSBH, that is not going to happen soon as this kind of sounds its just a very big step away from that, and not to be confused with "sound evolution".   Do you want to hear sound evolution, I keep using  The Rasmus' Black Roses album as a very clear example of how a band has to evolve.

So that all, only my opinion, like it, hate it, whatever.

so, have a nice day and I wish you all a merry merry X mas 09,  have fun, listen to music, get drunk etc etc etc!!

cheers! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2009, 12:03:55 AM »
what a bummer... even a radio edit would have been nice
Yeah, but keep in mind it's just a digital single. Generally it's only one track. Bleed Well having bonus tracks was, well, a bonus!

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
i would have like BL as a cd - KL remix

anyways i think the song shold have been longer cuz i enjoyed VD as a long album
but i hope overall if the album is short and the songs are good then i aint complaining

BTW is anyone going to order the special and or if there will be a limited edition will they be getting that aswell?

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2009, 12:55:17 PM »

Now i can judge the whole song, not a nice song . horrible lyrics. Thats my opinion pls respect it as i respect yours, its democracy dude.. wtf ???

I'm really with you on this one.  Of course HIM super fans are going to love them even if they crap in all the record tracks in the studio.    
My overall view and honestly,  this is my point of view and if you don't like it... granted.

HIM years ago lost that touchy and melodic feel that got our attention in just seconds.  To my own perspective, that HIM died with Dark Light,   nice album, average songs with average comercial opportunities, then came Venus Doom and "what the hell were they thinking??" oh whatever, lets carry on;   but now comes the new single that opens up the door to what to expect:

The intro?  the electronic bits and sinthetized sound are cool but then the "main riff" comes up and screws the intro completely, that for me is the first flaw.  Ville's voice, very average.  The song verse and chorus melody are catchy and obviously they were aiming to a commercial song,  not achieved by many aspects.        
Second greatest flaw??? lyrics!   come man!  I recall that every damn song in the GLS666 to LM catalogue had intriguing and incredible lines that you can use easily to touch every girl heart!    what happened to lines like "my heaven is wherever you are" or "my home is in your arms" ??    
Please kick my ass for this but I dont really get it.    Lazarus at frankensteins??? what the hell?? if I dedicate that song to a girl, surely is going to send the ipod up my ass for such a line.     Oh well,  lets keep going.
As usual, drum and bass wise,  Mige and Gas are not exploiting themselves to their full potential.

So in conclusion:  The song is OK, I have listened to it like a 100 times and I like it but Its way below HIM great standards. We're all waiting for a new GLS666, RR or DSBH, that is not going to happen soon as this kind of sounds its just a very big step away from that, and not to be confused with "sound evolution".   Do you want to hear sound evolution, I keep using  The Rasmus' Black Roses album as a very clear example of how a band has to evolve.

so, have a nice day and I wish you all a merry merry X mas 09,  have fun, listen to music, get drunk etc etc etc!!

With on you on this, i hate people from here and other forums telling me to go screw myself if i dont like the track,, i listen to him sincer '98 commmon?? thats my opinion, i hate the single probably ill not like the album if its like this but i still gonna love them live, im still gonna buy there albums, ill still listen to their music,,

Offline 0401695

« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »
I love this new fresh sound and still clascic HIM

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
i would have like BL as a cd - KL remix

anyways i think the song shold have been longer cuz i enjoyed VD as a long album
but i hope overall if the album is short and the songs are good then i aint complaining

BTW is anyone going to order the special and or if there will be a limited edition will they be getting that aswell?

Whatever versions they put out, I'll buy. I'm sick.  ;D

Offline Jay

« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »
I'm with you on that...I always buy the most "special" version there is... *sigh* I'm such a whore... :)

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »
Yeah, for Venus Doom I bought the special edition because the Limited Edition looked like a rip off. If Screamworks has a limited edition with actual bonus songs then I might consider buying that.

Offline Len777

« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2009, 12:02:36 AM »
I'm with you on that...I always buy the most "special" version there is... *sigh* I'm such a whore... :)

If you were a whore they'd be paying you lol your a HIM slut! hahahahaaaa ;D................................................ me too lol

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »

If you were a whore they'd be paying you lol your a HIM slut! hahahahaaaa ;D................................................ me too lol

huge sluts. me three...

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
haha lets all agree that we are all HIM sluts

i got the diff version cuz of the covers/ packing and not the songs in all honesty

i just hope they will release some info soon (im broke and need to know how much i need lol )

Offline ameliamarina

« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2009, 05:28:12 AM »
yukkk. sounds crap and american. i give up. we're never going to see the old 'him' again.

that's right :/ but don't give up :)
i gave up too but then they released Venus doom (which i didn't like that much but... Sleepwalking Past Hope.... <3 is awesome!!!)

Offline VillesFaerieQueen

« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
I wasn't sure when i heard the 30 second clip, but i listened to it loads anyway
and then the full length version: well, I loved it!
I've een getting into more electro-y stuff recently, so the intro automatically had me hooked!
On first few listens, the lyrics sounded like a load of nonsense, but i still thought that  the song was amazing regardless - mind you, Ville could sing 'the wheels on the bus' and I'd love it!
But then I started reading into the words a lot more, analyzing them as i always tend to unconsiously do (what with being a literature student and all), and I came to realize that they're about love being created, made up, held on to (like Lazarus was ressurected and Frankenstein's monster made), love for the sake of love, not for love at all, at least, this is my interpretation, and I think the song is wonderful, and a lot deeper than all of the people who take it on face value seem to think it is.
xx
Your love is a razorblade kiss
Sweetest is the taste from your lips
Your love is a razorblade kiss
Sweetest is the taste from your lips

Oh the taste from your lips, my Darling
Taste from your lips, oh my Love

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
I wasn't sure when i heard the 30 second clip, but i listened to it loads anyway
and then the full length version: well, I loved it!
I've een getting into more electro-y stuff recently, so the intro automatically had me hooked!
On first few listens, the lyrics sounded like a load of nonsense, but i still thought that  the song was amazing regardless - mind you, Ville could sing 'the wheels on the bus' and I'd love it!
But then I started reading into the words a lot more, analyzing them as i always tend to unconsiously do (what with being a literature student and all), and I came to realize that they're about love being created, made up, held on to (like Lazarus was ressurected and Frankenstein's monster made), love for the sake of love, not for love at all, at least, this is my interpretation, and I think the song is wonderful, and a lot deeper than all of the people who take it on face value seem to think it is.
xx

I totally agree! This song is a lot more poetic and romantic than you'd first think. I'm so excited for the new album! :)

Offline emock

« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »

With on you on this, i hate people from here and other forums telling me to go screw myself if i dont like the track,, i listen to him sincer '98 commmon?? thats my opinion, i hate the single probably ill not like the album if its like this but i still gonna love them live, im still gonna buy there albums, ill still listen to their music,,

I'm glad to find I'm not the only one who's not blown over. I think the 80s synthyness is quite cool actually but... average lyrics, a very mainstreamy twang and those rather American endings to the words just hit me instantly.

I think it'll grow on me though. Be interesting to see how it compares with the other tracks. THe songs you end up loving arn't neccesarily the singles.
If the sun comes down when your not around, it will surely put me through Hell...

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
Good to see I'm not the only one who's disappointed with new songs. It sounds like very mainstream stuff... And yes, it's very annoying when someone tells me that if I don't like new material I should f**k off... As a fan, paying for CDs, I can have some expectations, or at very least my own opinion. Venus Doom was great, quite heavy, even progressive. I was damn sure they won't keep that direction on next album, that would be too good :( But I've hoped for something better, especially when Ville said that he wants something more punky, and that he's "bastard he was meant to be". I've hoped for some kind of suprise, maybe something like early songs from DSBH - Again, Please Don't Let It Go (Punk Version I mean) or Beautiful Third Seal. Someone would say I'm stupid if I thought that they'd go punk, but let's face it - would anyone expect VD to be such heavy, doomy stuff?

And there I got the "suprise" that I've wanted, only it's a negative one :/ Songs are gonna be short, but that's where similarity to punk rock ends. Instead we'll get Dark Light II with even shittier sound, and worse lyrics. Ok, I know, I know. I'm going too far, I should wait for album release. But I remember how it was with VD - with the first notes of Dead Lovers' Lane you just knew it - new album we'll be amazing!

I still expect from Screamworks two things, that will save it in my eyes/ears:
1. Some f**kin' guitars! I love how Linde kicks in after this shitty intro in Heartkiller, but then as song goes, he gets muted down...
2. Low vocals! Where is Ville's deep voice? So far only somewhere in the background at one point of Heartkiller... Few low parts would be nice. That's why I got into HIM - I got impressed by "the guy that sounds like Peter Steele" :D His low voice on VD was perhaps the lowest he got in long time, and I've kinda hoped that after he finally recalls how to do it, he will keep it up :P

Ok, that's it. I promise I'll stop complaining and moaning 'till the release of full album... or at least 'till next 30 seconds of a new song :P
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Love_Metal616

« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2010, 03:14:46 AM »
I liked it right away. Now we got the whole song :D

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:03 AM »

that's the "bandana" that the special hearkiller single include

ive seen the soundclips on jpc have been removed, for the single, and for the album
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:13:20 AM by Bender Bending R. »