Author Topic: Heartkiller 30 second clip  (Read 31002 times)

Offline eairthrow

Re: Heartkiller 30 second clip
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »
For me it's not only music. I like to see the man behind the songs. And they are representing how they feel nowdays. I know this is the same old story but everybody need a change. I'm happy about this energetic new stuff. And hey, we are not in '97 anymore. Thank God they are always making something fresh for us. Just be a bit open minded and everything will be cool. :)
I'm fine but I hear those voices at night...

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »
If they did nothing but release album after album that sounded just like GLS, people would be pissed at that too.
Like I, and many, have said...this sounds like a Razorblade Romance song, and no HIM fan can argue against that. People are complaining about how commercial Heartkiller sounds,  but have you listened to anything off RR lately? Hell, any of the singles off DSBH are poppy too.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 02:54:16 PM »
this sounds like RR, that album was poppy as heck, but its one of the all time favorites,  heck its one of mine as well.

theres no pleasing some ppl  :-\

preach brother. razorblade romance had songs that were really poppy like Right Here in My Arms and Death Is In Love With Us
you could argue that they were goth-pop, but they still were upbeat and had a feel-good type of vibe

besides, Pop is derived from the phrase 'Popular music'
there is nothing wrong with a band being popular
thats actually the goal

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
besides, Pop is derived from the phrase 'Popular music'
there is nothing wrong with a band being popular
thats actually the goal

Damn skippy.  :)
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »
Don't we get the "too poppy/emo" criticism everytime the first teaser from a new HIM album comes out?

I remember hearing it year after year.  But to be honest all of the albums sound like HIM...and nothing else, if you don't like that then what on Earth ARE you looking for?

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 03:05:28 PM »
For me it's not only music. I like to see the man behind the songs. And they are representing how they feel nowdays. I know this is the same old story but everybody need a change. I'm happy about this energetic new stuff. And hey, we are not in '97 anymore. Thank God they are always making something fresh for us. Just be a bit open minded and everything will be cool. :)

exactly what I'm thinking :)
no one needs any album twice, but I can understand that lovers from the past are disappointed if they cannot adapt to sth new, pity for them, but that's not what I long for, I neither define music by its commercial aspects, nor by its heaviness like some fellows (don't mean anyone specifically) - everyone's choice to like it or not
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline poetry.in.flesh

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »
I like this song but, then again, theres not been any one song or album by HIM i havent liked yet. I so hope this album will be the one where they get really popular, like with greenday 'american idiot'. I say if they are underground keep them their but if they are gonna be exposed to mainstream might as well give them a good parade

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »

exactly what I'm thinking :)
no one needs any album twice, but I can understand that lovers from the past are disappointed if they cannot adapt to sth new, pity for them, but that's not what I long for, I neither define music by its commercial aspects, nor by its heaviness like some fellows (don't mean anyone specifically) - everyone's choice to like it or not

Totally agree with you both.

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 04:30:15 PM »
I have mixed feelings about it... It's very catchy and definately sounds like HIM, but the sound is very... american... And the "laaast sunriiise" part is pretty annoying, sounds bit like random pop band. You just can hear that mr. Squire worked only with some sh*tty american bands before.
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:56 PM »
That was awful. WTF?

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »
That was awful. WTF?

Good indepth and insightful analysis, that's what we like to see  :D

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »
Alright, fine. You asked...

That song is in no way reminiscent of Razorblade Romance. Sure, RR was poppy, but with an 80s charm. It was a rock album, similar to the likes of the Scorpions or Bon Jovi. I don't hear any rock in this track. It's straight up pop. I hate when people use the Fall Out Boy card, but this actually does sound like Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, or Paramore. It's atrocious and a disservice to HIM fans everywhere.

They're selling out to make money and break a market they couldn't before and you guys are congratulating them...

I've been a fan since Razorblade Romance was released and I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing, especially after the semi-return to form that was Venus Doom.

e. And to address those of you who claim to like everything they do, no matter what. You aren't a bigger fan for it. Those of us who critique their work have standards. We aren't blind followers. HIM, just like every other band in the world, are capable of making bad music. Get over yourselves.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:00:27 PM by Morningrise »

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 05:00:01 PM »

That song is in no way reminiscent of Razorblade Romance. Sure, RR was poppy, but with an 80s charm. It was a rock album, similar to the likes of the Scorpions or Bon Jovi. I don't hear any rock in this track. It's straight up pop. I hate when people use the Fall Out Boy card, but this actually does sound like Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, or Paramore. It's atrocious and a disservice to HIM fans everywhere.

They're selling out to make money and break a market they couldn't before and you guys are congratulating them...

I've been a fan since Razorblade Romance was released and I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing, especially after the semi-return to form that was Venus Doom.

Much better.

...But it's a 30 second clip of a 13 track album....keep the faith and relax.

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
Much better.

It was 30 seconds more than I can stomach of that particular style of music. I'll undoubtedly listen to the whole thing once it leaks, but with the information at hand, it looks like this is shaping up to be their worst release to date.

I'm sure there are many others out there who share my sentiments. There's got to be.

e. I'm just as much of a fan as any of you are. I even have a HIM related tattoo. I know my remarks may come off as a bit strong to some of you, but I'm just that disappointed. I can't help but feel like the guys are capable of so much more.

Perhaps I'm just growing out of HIM. I started listening to them when I was 14 years old and I'm turning 23 in January. I still listen to RR and Deep Shadows though and love those albums to death, so I don't really think that's the case.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:34:04 PM by Morningrise »

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »
you know i have to agree with morningrise on this. Assuming that the rest of the album sounds like this, I believe it can take Dark Light's place as the shittiest HIM album. I thought Dark Light was commercial, this takes it to a whole new level. I hope to god that the rest of the cd doesn't sound like this, but with Matt Squire producing it what can we expect.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 06:06:45 PM »
pretty alternative i dont like it ....   since him enter the us popular rock... its losing more and more points ....

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
Much better.

It was 30 seconds more than I can stomach of that particular style of music. I'll undoubtedly listen to the whole thing once it leaks, but with the information at hand, it looks like this is shaping up to be their worst release to date.

I'm sure there are many others out there who share my sentiments. There's got to be.

e. I'm just as much of a fan as any of you are. I even have a HIM related tattoo. I know my remarks may come off as a bit strong to some of you, but I'm just that disappointed. I can't help but feel like the guys are capable of so much more.

Perhaps I'm just growing out of HIM. I started listening to them when I was 14 years old and I'm turning 23 in January. I still listen to RR and Deep Shadows though and love those albums to death, so I don't really think that's the case.

Hey man, I'm not knocking you at all, calm it.  I respect your opinion.  I just wanted to know the reasons behind how you felt.  It's all good.

Offline Len777

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
i like it alot trying new things is always good ;)

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »
i like it alot trying new things is always good ;)

For sure, its more beneficial artistically to push yourselves and adapt the way in which you write with other influences and ideas.  This is one of the reasons I will always respect what HIM release.

Offline Len777

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
i also love his voice in this song i think being sober has really helped his voice. and it's upbeat!

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
I think listeners need to remember this is a 30 second clip of a song used as a single - single choices are generally the most mainstream songs from albums.

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »
i also love his voice in this song i think being sober has really helped his voice. and it's upbeat!

Yeah, I like the layers they have added to his voice.  I think on Venus Doom, his voice sounded a bit flat.  This seems to have more punch to it.

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »
I think listeners need to remember this is a 30 second clip of a song used as a single - single choices are generally the most mainstream songs from albums.

Totally, there is so much more of this album to come.

From what Metal Hammer said, it is quite different in areas so we can't truly assess it until Screamworks is out.

Hearing Heartkiller in full will give us a little bit of an indication I guess.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2009, 07:01:09 PM »
well this is one of the 3-4 most poppy's tracks in album (how metal hammer said) and i like it.... its fast, its melodic, its cool...  yeah first time i heard i said - simply american rocky poppy track... but after a few listens i like it very much... its HIM in very poppy commercial way... and so what? they have never done that before?  :D they are do it again... and do it in better way then before...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:38:15 PM by Vao »

Offline buddings

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »

e. And to address those of you who claim to like everything they do, no matter what. You aren't a bigger fan for it. Those of us who critique their work have standards. We aren't blind followers. HIM, just like every other band in the world, are capable of making bad music. Get over yourselves.

in same boat and feel the same way.
razorblade romance was poppy yes, but it wasn't americanized pop made for the mass market.
and where did the american accent come from!? :-[

i want to like the new stuff so badly! but have not liked anything since love metal, besides a few songs (namely 'in the nightside of eden').

i suppose i will always have the first four albums, and nothing can change that. :)
Dope + danny = explosion