Author Topic: Heartkiller 30 second clip  (Read 31020 times)

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
Re: Heartkiller 30 second clip
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:38 AM »
im loving this song, Ive been listening to it none-stop.

uhh February is so far away  :'(

i can see why ppl might not like the song,

but for me, its a very awesome refreshing NEW sound. key word there folks, NEW!  :P

im one of those ppl that like to hear new stuff constantly, whether it be bad or good, its still evolving, and thats the healthiest thing to anything.

just like a painter, you have to change your style constantly, or ppl will get bored of your paintings.

trying new things gives you more expirence aswell.

*edit* also i like how the song is short and to the point. i loved venus doom, but some of the songs were just dragged on tooo long.

metal hammers descriptions were very good for this track.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:29:40 AM by lovemetal626 »

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2009, 05:31:02 AM »
if u pass it to me ill make a torrent and send it in a mass pm and everywhere else lol

realllllll nice lol why don't you just mug Ville in the streets and steal his underwear while your at it not very nice lol

dude i was jokin lol

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:24 AM »
if u pass it to me ill make a torrent and send it in a mass pm and everywhere else lol

realllllll nice lol why don't you just mug Ville in the streets and steal his underwear while your at it not very nice lol

dude i was jokin lol

if you really did steal his underwear, i bet you could ebay that thing for a hefty price  :D

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
« Reply #228 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:42 AM »
maybe i need to clarify a bit.

a)how can anyone judge a damn song, let alone the future of a band by a 30 sec clip?!
b)I love when a band changes just as much as the next guy.
c)I think there are alot of people out there that put themselves in a catch 22. When a band changes their sound, ppl complain that "its not like their old stuff" or "they've lost it". BUT when a band keeps on putting out the same sounding album 2-3 times in a row people complain about how they're not being original and they are just sticking with a formula they know that works.

I'm not saying everyone in this thread fits the description above. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. just making a general statement.

Now i can judge the whole song, not a nice song . horrible lyrics. Thats my opinion pls respect it as i respect yours, its democracy dude.. wtf ???
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:38:56 AM by dahaka »

koohai

« Reply #229 on: December 04, 2009, 06:44:07 AM »
Really different stuff from VD! Maybe it's a bit too commercial for my tastes, but catchy as hell! I like it. Good job, can't wait to hear the whole album.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #230 on: December 04, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »
This is the sort of stuff I was hoping for this album.

Punchy, catchy, more classic HIM hooks and guitar pieces.  I love it.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #231 on: December 04, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
maybe i need to clarify a bit.

a)how can anyone judge a damn song, let alone the future of a band by a 30 sec clip?!
b)I love when a band changes just as much as the next guy.
c)I think there are alot of people out there that put themselves in a catch 22. When a band changes their sound, ppl complain that "its not like their old stuff" or "they've lost it". BUT when a band keeps on putting out the same sounding album 2-3 times in a row people complain about how they're not being original and they are just sticking with a formula they know that works.

I'm not saying everyone in this thread fits the description above. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. just making a general statement.

Now i can judge the whole song, not a nice song . horrible lyrics. Thats my opinion pls respect it as i respect yours, its democracy dude.. wtf ???

fair enough
is it just the lyrics that you dont like?

Offline 0401695

« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
I Love this song.

Will we die, above the last sunrise

Offline Inferno

« Reply #233 on: December 04, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
On side note, I have tried to get at least 3 of my friends to like their music and I have played several songs from LM, DL, and VD and they all said the same thing, "It all sounds the same". Which may be true to virgin listeners, but the point is that this song is different in a lot of ways and I like it cause maybe it is true, it all did sound the same.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #234 on: December 04, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »
After re listening to this song about 50 times I can draw too some conclusions.

This album will probably sound like the polar opposite to Venus Doom.

Metal Hammer has no fuckin clue what they're talking about, sounds no way like Love Metal.

That being said, I enjoy this song cept for the lyrics. This is the first HIM song I can recall that some of the lyrics are obviously out of place in the music. HIM has to speed up his singing just to make them go along with the music, but they still don't.

Also I'm probably the only person here who likes the intro. I just don't see whats bad about it.

koohai

« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
Also I'm probably the only person here who likes the intro. I just don't see whats bad about it.

You're right, the intro is awesome. Nice keyboard playing.

Offline BenjoRsValo666

« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
Good song , much better than VD , not ass dark

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »
We need tabs to rock out to anyone on it?!

Offline Len777

« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »
i figured out most of the guitar it's pretty basic i'm not a fan of making tabs though it's a pain in the ass lol

Offline Jay

« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »
To me, it's a good mix of the Dark Light and Razorblade sound.  I dig it, as I love both of those records.  I've had to force myself to stop listening to the song so I don't play it out. 

Offline Len777

« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »
do you think there is gonna be a video for heartkiller? usually there is with the first single...

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2009, 02:36:36 AM »
do you think there is gonna be a video for heartkiller? usually there is with the first single...

safe to say there will be one
i was just wondering today what they could do with this song (video-wise)
i can only really imagine a live performance. i also envisioned maybe like a dark, hospital themed video
keeping with the whole theme of 'heartkilling'

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
I was thinking something involving lots of lens flares, ala the new Star Trek. It's a fresh sound for HIM, and whatever the video is, it needs to reflect that.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline monkersville

« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
Dude, I can;t wait to see a video for this single.  It's gonna be crazy.  I definitely like this song for the most part more than anything they've recently.

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
wow after reading the real official lyrics.

.... its amazing, i think the lyrics are as good as DL. i like it!

ppl who say they seemed force, has your opinion changed after reading the official lyrics? just curious, cuz we were off by a bit.

i love this new song.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »

ppl who say they seemed force, has your opinion changed after reading the official lyrics? just curious, cuz we were off by a bit.

i love this new song.

What I mean by the lyrics being forced is the way Ville sings them. At points in the song before the chorus, his singing doesn't seem in sync with the instruments...it sounds off.

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2009, 11:33:11 PM »

i love this new song.
I still think some of them were forced. The line "It doesn't have to make any sense at all" does not flow as smoothly as the rest of the song. The song is still really solid though, and I definitely dig the more poppy route the song has taken.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2009, 04:09:14 AM »
to comment on some thing in the past few pages

yes, matt squire definitely takes away the bands Scandinavian sound a tad. I'll take johnny lee michaels or Hilli anyday! look at the difference between DL and VD. tim palmer worked on both. the difference, Hilli worked along side tim on VD and gave the band their edge back.
[side note: Matt Hyde who just produced the new 69 eyes record did a great job at keeping the  band's sound very much intact but also pushing them to evolve. So matt h is on the good list of American producers]

lyrically its still very good IMO. I accepted it during DL that not every HIM song was going to be deep thoughtful poetry anymore. Ville's mind is in a much better place now so he's going to write how he feels. So be thankful he's not putting on this fake "emo" mask and sing woe is me, woe is love all the time when he's actually enjoy life.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »
i've listened the new song hundred of times since it was on my space
i really like a lot, this not happened with WOB or KOD

just waiting for the rest of the album, seems that normal edition will be with 13 tracks
i'm sure there will be some nice HIM songs in this album

Offline Danny

« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »
After re listening to this song about 50 times I can draw too some conclusions.

This album will probably sound like the polar opposite to Venus Doom.

Metal Hammer has no fuckin clue what they're talking about, sounds no way like Love Metal.

That being said, I enjoy this song cept for the lyrics. This is the first HIM song I can recall that some of the lyrics are obviously out of place in the music. HIM has to speed up his singing just to make them go along with the music, but they still don't.

I agree on the intro thingy, dont know why so many people are complaining about it. I think its a super cool start on the song:D

And that so called "forced" lyrics. I dont think it sounds forced at all. I like it a lot, never heard Ville sing in this way before and it makes the verse sound really awesome when he sings the lyrics like that ;D