Author Topic: European Tour  (Read 77444 times)

Offline The Face of God

• Love's our shadow on the wall
  • Cafone
  • "I dream what you're dreaming"
Re: European Tour
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »

ohhhhhh yea they got my vote

idk there i think fiddy might have to get my vote dawg in tha hood

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2006, 11:02:09 PM »
Most definitely.............

ahaha is there a rhread on w.a.s.p if not start one lol

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2006, 02:02:41 PM »
take that sylvie.

i wonder why she makes up all this stupid shit? attention? maybe another girl who actually thought she had a chance with valo and the world came down crushing her when ville and jonna got engaged?

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »
lol you're on crack and i love it LOL

you know im kidding jen me lovs the jokes

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »
huh?

i understand entrateining but stimulating how?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:26:46 PM by When I love I love »

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #480 on: January 12, 2006, 04:41:53 PM »
i just find her post annoying. and the fact that she got me in trouble when she is the one who started sending me PM's but thats on the past.

has there been any updates on how linde is doing?

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »
when ville and jonna gonna have the wedding??

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2006, 04:42:42 PM »
was it ever said?

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2006, 06:43:27 AM »
I seem to remember I read that they would get married after this tour... so presumably sometime in 2007.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #484 on: January 16, 2006, 01:06:22 AM »
I seem to remember I read that they would get married after this tour... so presumably sometime in 2007.

well then thats not a coverup

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline sylvie

« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2006, 02:47:01 AM »
...will Linde and the rest have their hands and voices insured against injury? I don't know if it's always the case, so was wondering about it.

you are not allowed to tour in europe or america without insurance. individual insurance is on every member of the group AND the entourage, including liability. if for some instance, they did not appear as scheduled, without injury or illness, none of (3) forms of insurance would cover damages when the venue sued. so, if they don't want to show up somewhere, or cannot show up, for whatever reason, somebody will be "ill" or "break an arm." they will never just "reschedule."

« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:50:30 AM by sylvie »

Offline Creiz

« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »
If its a cover up or not I really hope Lily really broke his arm.. and is in a lot of pain. The trip I planned to manchester will cost me almost 250 dollars ekstra if I ever get the opportunity...

DAMN I´M SAD! :'( :'( :'( :'(
In Him We Trust

Offline noelle

• Cafone
  • Avatar by wikedawsum from valo_daily
« Reply #487 on: January 18, 2006, 03:42:48 AM »
if for some instance, they did not appear as scheduled, without injury or illness, none of (3) forms of insurance would cover damages when the venue sued. so, if they don't want to show up somewhere, or cannot show up, for whatever reason, somebody will be "ill" or "break an arm." they will never just "reschedule."

Well that maybe the case from smaller bands and the most important venues, but I do believe it is rather easy for a band to cancel without there being any consequences. For example, every year we here in Finland are let down when during the summer festival season two or three major bands ALWAYS cancel -it's the bands' market really, there are so many takers across Europe that the festival promoters have to settle for whatever contracts possible.

Offline sylvie

« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »
if for some instance, they did not appear as scheduled, without injury or illness, none of (3) forms of insurance would cover damages when the venue sued. so, if they don't want to show up somewhere, or cannot show up, for whatever reason, somebody will be "ill" or "break an arm." they will never just "reschedule."

Well that maybe the case from smaller bands and the most important venues, but I do believe it is rather easy for a band to cancel without there being any consequences. For example, every year we here in Finland are let down when during the summer festival season two or three major bands ALWAYS cancel -it's the bands' market really, there are so many takers across Europe that the festival promoters have to settle for whatever contracts possible.

it's the other way around. you recall the scene when cobain wanted out of the last tour...this is big business, these venues pay publishing royalties in advance, in bulk, for all songs performed at shows. the contracts are in place to protect the venue, or else any band could just say, we'll be there -- maybe. and, as you say, if it's a band's market, that paperwork is all the more important. any booking agent, like JAM, is not going to settle at a loss. sometimes major bands cancel at festivals cause they're canceling tours, cause they don't sell. like billy corgan went home from europe when he didn't sell. the ticket sales under performed and the promoter initiated what's called a kill fee.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 07:52:18 AM by sylvie »

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »
sylvie here in america its completly different then europe. i agree with this time as its the same issue in mexico if a band/performer does not have a legit reason for cancelling then its court time.

Offline noelle

• Cafone
  • Avatar by wikedawsum from valo_daily
« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »
it's the other way around. you recall the scene when cobain wanted out of the last tour...this is big business, these venues pay publishing royalties in advance, in bulk, for all songs performed at shows. the contracts are in place to protect the venue, or else any band could just say, we'll be there -- maybe. and, as you say, if it's a band's market, that paperwork is all the more important. any booking agent, like JAM, is not going to settle at a loss. sometimes major bands cancel at festivals cause they're canceling tours, cause they don't sell. like billy corgan went home from europe when he didn't sell. the ticket sales under performed and the promoter initiated what's called a kill fee.

I don't know how it works in the US but that is how it works over here. We're lucky to get a few world-class performers here a year, they just usually do Sweden and/or Denmark and skip us. The festival promoters have discussed the problem with cancelling bands in newspapers and say they can't really do anything about it as it's difficult enough to get them play here in the first place. I assume it's the same with other small (European) countries as well. I wish it was like it is in the US here also, for example several years back I was at Ruisrock(a festival in Finland; HIM played there last summer also) and Oasis was supposed to play. Noel decided he wasn't up for it and I witnessed Liam and three random musicians playing Oasis songs(the original members had long ago walked out or been fired :-\). That actually almost ruined the festival financially (kind of sad considering it is the 2nd oldest festival in Europe).

Offline hearta_gram

« Reply #491 on: February 08, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »
Maybe HIM will rock at the provinssirock in Seinäjoki / Finland this year...  :D
Have you been to a HIM gig? Do you want to write a review? Or do you want to publish your pix on HIMforfans.com? Than don`t hestitate to send us a mail 2 stuff @ himforfans.com. Don’t forget to write the town in the subject line. Thx in advance. Five of those people who sent us reviews/pix will win

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #492 on: February 09, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »
Maybe HIM will rock at the provinssirock in Seinäjoki / Finland this year...  :D

On the Finnish Provinssi Rock website is a big picture of HIM in the heading, so I guess (I can't read Finnish) HIM is playing on Provinssi Rock  :D

Akron02020

« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2006, 01:38:02 AM »
Woo Im going to Provinssirock 2006.

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #494 on: February 12, 2006, 09:49:41 AM »
 >:( they will not play again and this year in Bulgaria.  >:(

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #495 on: February 13, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
HIM will play at Hultsfred 2006 (Sweden)
15-16-17 June 2006

Probably a good video bootleg  :D

Gemma

« Reply #496 on: February 13, 2006, 09:12:12 AM »
Random/
Anyone know if its too late to get a refund on my tickets? [brixton 25/4/06]
I know they offered me one after it was resceduled but I deleted the email cause I didn't think I'd need one.
Now I've overbooked and I've got panic! at the disco tickets for the same night...henceforth someone has to go.

Offline hearta_gram

« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2006, 09:08:48 AM »

On the Finnish Provinssi Rock website is a big picture of HIM in the heading, so I guess (I can't read Finnish) HIM is playing on Provinssi Rock  :D

yeah now it's confirmed... it hasn't been confirmed on the day I posted it.  ;) but now it is...
Have you been to a HIM gig? Do you want to write a review? Or do you want to publish your pix on HIMforfans.com? Than don`t hestitate to send us a mail 2 stuff @ himforfans.com. Don’t forget to write the town in the subject line. Thx in advance. Five of those people who sent us reviews/pix will win

Offline x

« Reply #498 on: February 15, 2006, 04:16:38 AM »
And probably Vilar de Mouros (Portugal) again...

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #499 on: February 15, 2006, 12:38:26 PM »
Random/
Anyone know if its too late to get a refund on my tickets? [brixton 25/4/06]
I know they offered me one after it was resceduled but I deleted the email cause I didn't think I'd need one.
Now I've overbooked and I've got panic! at the disco tickets for the same night...henceforth someone has to go.

so burn the panic ones... you know it makes sense :P