Author Topic: European Tour  (Read 77215 times)

Offline 6_6_6

• Made Man
  • Dance Fucker Dance
    • my poor HIM collection
Re: European Tour
« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2006, 02:43:52 AM »
So with the tour being resheduled(SP) for April in the UK now anyone think they may turn this into a full UK tour and not just some major city dates. I mean its pretty annoying for me becasue I live in the South West of England which means I have to travel quite far considering all the venues are a fair distance away. I don't mind traveling every now and then to see bands in London or wherever but i've been doing it for a few bands recently and will be in the future so its just anoying me if this is all they are doing for a UK tour.

Offline Poisoned Vampire Heart

• formally wicked_poison
  • Cafone
  • scorching the blood in my poisoned vampire heart
    • Dark Chest Of Wonders
« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2006, 06:30:29 AM »
Just phoned Carling Academy in Glasgow and they know nothing about the January gig being postponed til April and they sed if it was it would be announced on website and there is nothing up so far coz I have just checked it again.

Marc

« Reply #452 on: January 09, 2006, 09:54:25 AM »
My mate was in Virgin Megastores earlier and asked about the HIM gigs, and they said they knew nothing about them being cancelled and as far as they know the gigs are still going.

Gemma

« Reply #453 on: January 09, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »
As suspected my Email from Ticketweb.co.uk just turned up :

The tickets you purchased for Him at
Carling Academy Brixton on Thursday, January 26 are refundable
due to a schedule change.

Unless you specifically elect to receive a refund in advance,
your tickets will be honored.

The event has been rescheduled for 7:00 PM on Tuesday, April 25.

To receive a refund, mail your tickets to:

TicketWeb Refunds
PO Box 798
Manchester M60 1WY
If you did not receive tickets via mail, you must send your sale confirmation
number to refunds@ticketweb.co.uk.

Your tickets or confirmation number must be received
at least 24 hours prior to the event in order for a refund to be issued.

Due to an injury, this event has moved from Thursday 26 January to 25 APRIL.
Original tickets remain valid.  Refunds available when tickets are returned to
point of purchase in full and up to the end of March.  We apologise for any
inconvenience caused.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb.

well that seals the deal as far as I can see, tis' official from the powers that be.
there still isn't any update on the Brixton website but I'm putting it down to them being Lazy bastards.

Marc

« Reply #454 on: January 09, 2006, 10:19:50 AM »
i found something weird, if you go to either ticketmaster.co.uk or ticketmaster.ie it has the rescheduled dates for the uk dates, but the ireland ones still say for next week :-\

no wait, just saw this on www.mcd.ie

HIM At The Ambassador RESCHEDULED
News last updated: 09-01-2006

H.I.M have rescheduled their forthcoming January shows until April.

The new dates are APRIL 27th and 28th.

tickets for JAN 16th are valid for APRIL 27th only.

tickets for JAN 17th are valid for APRIL 28th only.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:24:30 AM by Marc »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #455 on: January 09, 2006, 11:02:35 AM »
Heartagram have sent out a second email confirming that the shows have been rescheduled so I think if Heartagram are saying it then you can believe it.

Offline Elle

« Reply #456 on: January 09, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »
It's official, at least it's in our Finnish media already (in the news).
~With the warmth of your arms you saved me~

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #457 on: January 09, 2006, 12:11:46 PM »
sigh ???   well april isnt that far away, right??   damn you linde ;D

chad

« Reply #458 on: January 09, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
This news made it to NME.com too.

HIM reschedule UK and Ireland tour
The band's guitarist fractures his wrist
H.I.M have been forced to reschedule their UK and Irish tour after the band's guitarist fractured his wrist.

The group were due to kick off the dates at the Dublin Ambassador on January 16 but band member Linde will now have to wear a cast until the end of the month. The jaunt has been rearranged for April.

Tickets for the original shows will be valid for the rescheduled dates and all subsequent shows in Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand are set to go ahead as originally planned.

H.I.M will now play:

Manchester Apollo (April 18-19)
Birmingham Academy (20-21)
Glasgow Academy (23)
Newcastle Academy (24)
London Brixton Academy (25)
Dublin Ambassador (27-28)

The next single to be taken from H.I.M's fifth studio album 'Dark Light' will be 'Killing Loneliness', which is due to hit the shops on January 23.

Offline Poisoned Vampire Heart

• formally wicked_poison
  • Cafone
  • scorching the blood in my poisoned vampire heart
    • Dark Chest Of Wonders
« Reply #459 on: January 09, 2006, 02:35:03 PM »
Yep I got a call from Glasgow this afternoon and my tix are now valid for 23 April.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #460 on: January 09, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »
yes.

Offline Greg

• racecar is racecar backwards
  • Mobbed Up
  • The first cut is the deepest
« Reply #461 on: January 09, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »
very true

Offline noelle

• Cafone
  • Avatar by wikedawsum from valo_daily
« Reply #462 on: January 09, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »
This news made it to NME.com too.

Kind of odd considering that NME has always made a point about them being not cool enough for their trend-seeking musical equivalent of a tabloid (sorry, but after reading the mag for about a two years I finally got fed up with them with all this Arctic Monkeys hype).

Gemma

« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2006, 09:50:33 PM »
The website pretty much covers anything [chris Martin passes wind NME Know first] wheras the magazine is more selective, technically they do give HIM some coverage in Album rewiews and single reviews etc. Recently I have noticed them giving My Chemical Romance more of a nod and Funeral for a friend, but HIM get increasingly cringe worthy reviews, I read the letters page a few weeks back and some twat in Bristol was bitching "We don't want to read about stupid goth bands, if there fans want to know about them then they should read kerrang! or some shit" haha.wtf?

I am an avid buyer of NME purely because I like the pretty pictures, the content lacks both imagination and any real journalism quality, I buy it flick through the 70903647 pages telling me why I should love the arctic monkeys, see If The Cribs or The Rakes are in it and if they aren't I don't buy it.

for a magazine that claims to be "NEW musical express" their hardcore fanbase seem pretty dead set against any new music that doesn't agree with their pallette, if you don't play indie and you don't have fabulous indie hair you aren't getting in. simple as.

For the record though I agree wholeheartedly with their rather cringe worthy review of the new HIM single. cause every word was unfortunatly true and it made me ashamed to admit to being a HIM fan.

Offline sylvie

« Reply #464 on: January 10, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
so he'll walk around with a cast on his arm; one of them is in serious rehab. doubt anybody really fell over and broke their arm.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #465 on: January 10, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »
starting the stupid rumors again sylive?

im surprised it took you this long. you didnt have enough with all the shit you got at the HIM yahoo group? talking about ville wearing wigs and shit LOL.

anyway i hope linde is ok. fractured wrist are painful as fuck. hope it doesnt do anything to his guitar playing.

Offline sylvie

« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2006, 12:06:05 PM »
yes, you're right. the new hair, as if he grew it. gee, it looks horrid. and the vid to "killing loneliness" is perverse for the sake of perverse, unclassy, and un-like the HIM of grace before.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 12:07:37 PM by sylvie »

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
if you think that was perverted and degrading for females as you say it was, all i have to say is wicked game dirty version.

Offline mic_s

« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
starting the stupid rumors again sylive?

im surprised it took you this long. you didnt have enough with all the shit you got at the HIM yahoo group? talking about ville wearing wigs and shit LOL.

Yeah... why is Sylive saying one of the group is in rehab? WTF?

Offline noelle

• Cafone
  • Avatar by wikedawsum from valo_daily
« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2006, 03:36:51 PM »
The website pretty much covers anything [chris Martin passes wind NME Know first] wheras the magazine is more selective, technically they do give HIM some coverage in Album rewiews and single reviews etc. Recently I have noticed them giving My Chemical Romance more of a nod and Funeral for a friend, but HIM get increasingly cringe worthy reviews, I read the letters page a few weeks back and some twat in Bristol was bitching "We don't want to read about stupid goth bands, if there fans want to know about them then they should read kerrang! or some shit" haha.wtf?

I am an avid buyer of NME purely because I like the pretty pictures, the content lacks both imagination and any real journalism quality, I buy it flick through the 70903647 pages telling me why I should love the arctic monkeys, see If The Cribs or The Rakes are in it and if they aren't I don't buy it.

for a magazine that claims to be "NEW musical express" their hardcore fanbase seem pretty dead set against any new music that doesn't agree with their pallette, if you don't play indie and you don't have fabulous indie hair you aren't getting in. simple as.

For the record though I agree wholeheartedly with their rather cringe worthy review of the new HIM single. cause every word was unfortunatly true and it made me ashamed to admit to being a HIM fan.

Yes, they are monotonic in the music they appreciate. I think it's quite amusing that whereas it's ok to be influenced by the '80's, they've decided it's only cool if it's the "New Wave" side of it. Though i must admit that sometimes HIM does sound a bit too '80's hard rock to my ear.

Are you referring to the Vampire heart review? I haven't flipped through the latest issues, it takes a while before they reach my home country(Finland). I don't really know what to make of the song, but I disliked the review because it much concentrated on Ville's appearances, not the song itself. Though I did ran an internet search for recent pictures of his hair  :-[ - didn't seem like he was balding to me.. But I'm happy that Q, who may not be "cutting edge" or anything, but certainly good journalism and my fave music mag, gave them 4 stars. I know it should't matter what critics say..but it does, when you like a band. Maybe HIM should take an ad like Deep Purple did in the '70's: Q:4/5, Metal Hammer 8/10, Kerrang 8/10, Outburn 10/10  "With friends like these, who needs NME's?"

What's with this wig stuff??? I think that's just ridiculous, if he wanted the hair longer, he at tops got hair extensions..I seriously doubt he would wear a wig..geez.

As for the Killing Loneliness video, I'm not loving it, but I see it as a humorous comment how women lust after Ville.. but maybe the public doesn't see it that way.

Offline hearta_gram

« Reply #470 on: January 11, 2006, 10:25:03 AM »
So I'm sure Linde was drunk when he fell........why isn't the media talking about his drinking problem?   :o

Ah I guess he wasn't that drunk because the street has been really, really slicky... I've been there and I just could handle to come home cause my best friend was holding me and I haven't drunk anything on that day.  ;D

O by the way: If you want to rock with HIM on the Hultsfred festival 2006 in Sweden, you can vote for them or three other bands by clicking on the following link: www.rockparty.se/content/media/band.asp If you have choosen your three bands you want to see there, click on Rösta on the bottom of the page to submit your vote.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:29:06 AM by hearta_gram »
Have you been to a HIM gig? Do you want to write a review? Or do you want to publish your pix on HIMforfans.com? Than don`t hestitate to send us a mail 2 stuff @ himforfans.com. Don’t forget to write the town in the subject line. Thx in advance. Five of those people who sent us reviews/pix will win

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #471 on: January 11, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »
On that website you can vote for a band called BLOOD, is this Ville's old band?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 11:04:15 AM by Rðbêrt Žðmbïê »

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #472 on: January 11, 2006, 11:14:41 AM »
On that website you can vote for a band called BLOOD, is this Ville's old band?
wasnt it B.L.O.O.D

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:50 PM »
Yes - it was B.L.O.O.D. - like W.A.S.P.

;D

ohhhhhh yea they got my vote

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2006, 10:06:43 PM »
so he'll walk around with a cast on his arm; one of them is in serious rehab. doubt anybody really fell over and broke their arm.

you're such a fucktard