Author Topic: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice  (Read 174337 times)

Offline playdead616

Re: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice
« Reply #625 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
In all honesty, I love every song on this album, from what ive heard of course. It seems to me that the band released the heavier songs first, because most of us are used to the Venus Doom sound.. regardless, i am super stoked for this. even poor old Heartkiller has grown on me alot  ;)

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline navimo

« Reply #626 on: January 28, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
It's seems like everyone has very different opinions of Ode to Solitude. That seems to be the one people hate or love. It'll be interesting to hear the whole song. Personally, I think Linde's guitar playing seems very on point in this track, so I think I'll enjoy it.

I think so, too. Let's wait for the final song.

Leak where are you?! :D

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #627 on: January 28, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
In all honesty, I love every song on this album, from what ive heard of course. It seems to me that the band released the heavier songs first, because most of us are used to the Venus Doom sound.. regardless, i am super stoked for this. even poor old Heartkiller has grown on me alot  ;)

Exactly what I thought. Problem is people heard those heavy songs and might get dissapointed with Screamworks when they hear the rest of the songs.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #628 on: January 28, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
Granted I've not heard the songs in their entirety, but upon listening to the clips again today I've come to the conclusion that Ville's lyrics are much stronger and poetic on Screamworks as a whole than they've been in a while. The lyrics sound overall like Ville is reaching out for the love of this girl...it's a loving/longing kind of thing...haven't really heard that since Deep Shadows.

I'm also starting to dig Katherine Wheel alot. It seems like alot of people aren't...but I like how melodic Ville's voice sounds. It sorta dances around the music, rather than just go in time with it. And Gas's drums sound fucking cool.

Screamworks just sounds hard, without being overbearingly heavy. I looooved Venus Doom, but in comparison to HIM's other works, it just sounds heavy and almost ploddingly hard, whereas Screamworks is fast, punky and hard. It's like diet soda...it's still got caffeine and fizz for a "bite" but without all the sugar and calories.  

We'll see if I feel the same way once I hear the whole album (which won't be till Feb 11, since I will be in Disney World from 4th to the 11th and won't be able to obtain or listen while I'm gone. Kinda sad about that...but I'll be proudly sporting my Screamworks shirt on the 9th!)
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #629 on: January 28, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
I can't really agree with the drums thing. They're ALWAYS the same. Listen to every HIM song and the drums always ahve the same beat: da-ta-dada-ta-da-ta-dada-ta
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jay

« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
You know, I think the only album where I liked EVERY song was Love Metal.  The songs on the Screamworks preview give me this: The songs I like, I really like.  The ones I don't, I really don't.  
But, I'm going with Inferno on this one. I'm thinking we'll be pleasantly surprised with the full album.

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #631 on: January 28, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »
I can't really agree with the drums thing. They're ALWAYS the same. Listen to every HIM song and the drums always ahve the same beat: da-ta-dada-ta-da-ta-dada-ta
I love your new signature
I miss HIM !!

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
translation of a new interview can be found here

http://kakapyly.livejournal.com/2418.html

"- For a special edition of the album I recorded the whole album alone at my house. It's the kind of creative side that I have just liked to do very much.
- The main album I want to sound American, big, slick and expensive. I want it to sound well-mixed and well-recorded. I don't want to think now this sounds too poppy, I got to do something freaky. That's a finnish way of working. There are a lot of people here who are afraid to be...something. I don't get it, what is there to be afraid about? I'm gladly poppy."

So the acoustic disc is just Ville, not the whole band.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:22:50 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »
I love your new signature
Thanks, even I'm amazed at how well it turned out.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Filipo Solari

« Reply #634 on: January 28, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
 Every song sound just the same, american alternative rock... I dont say it sounds bad I know is good that the band make new sounds wich every album as Valo says "We can change AC/DC changed" but I love the old albums simply.
 My fav one from this album by far is "Scared to Death" reminds me"Killing Loneliness" or "One Last Time"

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #635 on: January 28, 2010, 10:56:42 PM »
Here is my take so far:

IVV: I can't get enough of Ville's voice, the melody really showcases his range, this'll probably be one of my favorites :)

Scared To Death: Still love this song, one of my faves, makes me want to break out a lighter and start swaying

Heartkiller: The more I listen, the more this grows on me, catchy chorus, liking the lyrics, not my fave, but still very good

Dying Song: :) Gorgeous! :)

Disarm Me: nice ballad, dig the guitars and keys, nice atmosphere

LTHW: I love this as much as Scared To Death, reminds me a bit of Razorblade Romance

Katherine Wheel: After a few listens, I'm liking it. Lyrics are romantic, really want to hear the rest of it.

ITAOR: My fave song so far, lyric-wise, (but then I' m amazed with most of the lyrics on the songs so far)  and this one's one of my fave's over-all :)

OTS: ok, but I'll need to hear the rest of it

SMNWH: Love it! Especially the "scream me a dream untouched by shadows" part

Acoustic Funeral: "dancing with tags on our toes" gotta love the humor :) I think I'm gonna like this

St. Valentine rocks! Need I say more?

TFSOIH: So totally in the vein of Depeche Mode and I'm really enjoying this one :) and sad when the clip ends.  :(

12 days and counting..

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2010, 01:42:04 AM »
remember when you liked EVERY single song on EVERY single album equally

*sigh

those days are longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gonee.

oh how i long for the days when HIM wrong nothing but 'singles'...*sigh...and *sigh again....

yes those were good days, Love Metal how I miss you
but still the album has some promising songs

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »
yeah. i just really dont like how his voice is sounding these days

honestly...although some may not like DSBH...

go back and listen to HEM and listen to how CLEANNNN the vocals are...his voice was in its utter PRIMMME at that time...its just super super apparent in that song

now...it just doesnt have the same...idk doesnt have the same melodic tone to it...like its still obviously his voice...but it sounds...idk

maybe its just the way they're doing the recordings these days...more "raw" sounding instead of really polished...

*shrugs

thats just where my problem comes in with the whole "new direction" talk and wanting to be more "punky" and what not...to me, its a whole different style...like jay said "Love Pop"...VD was "Love Doom"...

HIM is a band that should and to me needs that polished sound...100% melodic and keyboards and full of the sexy breathing noises ville makes etc...

thats the HIM i fell in love with oh soo many moons ago...

*sigh

damnit if i dont long for what i cannot have!

*drops shoulders and bows head and walks away slowly

lol im so dramatic...youd think i was a chick with this shit haha sheesh
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:54:18 AM by LonelyRoad »

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #638 on: January 29, 2010, 02:02:37 AM »
Kinda off topic but for those of you looking for SW leaks, don't bother downloading files that have anything like "PLAYBACK INSTRUCTIONS" or anything of the sort. It's a scam and a waste of your time. Just sayin' since Frodo wasted his time in another thread.

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:05 AM »
ah dont feel bad about me wasting my time looking! look at it this way, i am at work getting paid to look for screamworks! haha! i just thought maybe it was something cause the torrent had al the songnames, correct time lengths, and average mp3 sizez....and when i found that one, i just typed screamworks and it found all that! i still may try when i get home just in case!
-Fro

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #640 on: January 29, 2010, 03:25:47 AM »
Screamworks just sounds hard, without being overbearingly heavy. I looooved Venus Doom, but in comparison to HIM's other works, it just sounds heavy and almost ploddingly hard, whereas Screamworks is fast, punky and hard. It's like diet soda...it's still got caffeine and fizz for a "bite" but without all the sugar and calories.

I don't get it - "Screamworks" and "hard" in one sentence? :D Bar Saint Valentine, Right Here In... oh, wait, I meant... Love The Hardest Way, Shatter Me With Hope and, yes, Heartkiller, there isn't any rocking songs it seems... The more I listen to it, the more I come to conclusion that Dark Light wasn't bad at all :P Songs were poppy, Palmer killed the sound, but compared to Screamworks so far it had more rocking edge in it. It seems only DL song that would really fit on new album is the title track... I agree with you on lyrics though, they seem really good, interesting I'd say.
BTW. I really like the diet soda metaphor - for me it tastes like sh*t compared to the "normal" one :P

You know, I think the only album where I liked EVERY song was Love Metal.  The songs on the Screamworks preview give me this: The songs I like, I really like.  The ones I don't, I really don't.  

That's exactly how I feel about it too. I loved every song on Love Metal, Venus Doom, and from GLS I think I don't like The Heartless that much (perhaps because of the EP version, which just rocks! :D). On RR, DSBH and DL I liked much more than half of album too.

Oh, and before someone says that I should f*ck off if I don't like it because it's HIM and not death metal band - FFS, I'm not expecting Screamworks to sound like Deicide's new album! I just don't want them to play some American mainstream stuff, I'd love that "something" that made them so special to be back ;) In other words, I want f*ckin' love metal! :D Gay doom (as Gas called VD) was cool too ;)
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #641 on: January 29, 2010, 03:28:44 AM »
so i found out that windows mobile has a torrent client, so i downloaded that torrent, and althought it does have all the files which are named.mp3, you have to name then .zip then extract the mp3 from within.....problem is that "mp3" was created in 2007, thus it is a fake! sorry if i wasted someone elses time with that one.... i just feel so on the fence about this album, and i am trying to give the boys the benefit of the doubt........ maybe tomorrow!

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #642 on: January 29, 2010, 03:49:33 AM »
I have a surprise.

Offline navimo

« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2010, 04:25:22 AM »

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2010, 06:19:51 AM »
hello world

ive just received my heartkiller single - ill make a torrent in flac with log and cue files!

Offline heartaman

« Reply #645 on: January 29, 2010, 06:36:29 AM »
hello world

ive just received my heartkiller single - ill make a torrent in flac with log and cue files!

please links
o mp

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #646 on: January 29, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »
hello world

please links
o mp

You only have 4 posts and you are already asking for links?!? Wow...you're pretty bold.

Jerry, you are sooooooo full of it! I remember you saying that same crap when DL and VD were almost out!  ;)

Offline heartaman

« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2010, 07:23:07 AM »
hello world

please links
o mp

You only have 4 posts and you are already asking for links?!? Wow...you're pretty bold.

Jerry, you are sooooooo full of it! I remember you saying that same crap when DL and VD were almost out!  ;)

is wrong to ask for links "
if you ask me I will give also, after all, how many posts have not done better human beings

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2010, 07:43:54 AM »
actually, yes it wrong to ask for links... we have a special media section for those said links, and you have to earn your way there. We used to control it by post count, but leachers would post alot of crap and get access for a couple days.
If you say you have something to share, pm one of the mods, including myself, and we will see if we can get you access to the media section! ;)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.