Author Topic: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice  (Read 174225 times)

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
Re: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice
« Reply #1175 on: February 20, 2010, 05:25:39 AM »
dont really care if its been posted...im too sick...and too tired (but cant fall asleep due to sickness) to search.

http://www.heartagram.com/store/product/screamworks-love-theory-and-practice-white-colored-vinyl-wbonus-cd?cmpid=him/219/socialnetwork

white vinyl + bonus cd

Offline Jay

« Reply #1176 on: February 20, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »
This is one of the things I loathe at times....

Why is it necessary (sp?) to put out so many different versions, especially just after the main release?  I used to be the hardcore fan that needed every "special" or "limited" edition.  I now just get the one from Heartagram and leave it at that.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #1177 on: February 20, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »

Why is it necessary (sp?) to put out so many different versions, especially just after the main release?  I used to be the hardcore fan that needed every "special" or "limited" edition.  I now just get the one from Heartagram and leave it at that.

Yeah bugs me from time to time.  Seems to get worse every release...though with that said nothing will beat Razorblade :P

Offline Jay

« Reply #1178 on: February 20, 2010, 04:35:21 PM »
Oh I know...pink vinyl, digipak, HER version, US version (only because it has the parental advisory sticker).  Just awful...

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #1179 on: February 20, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
Oh I know...pink vinyl, digipak, HER version, US version (only because it has the parental advisory sticker).  Just awful...

;D

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1180 on: February 20, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
I am looking forward to the uber deluxe "Ville spilled wine on the floor during production so it altered the album" 4 disc version featuring 20 different cuts of "Heartkiller".
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1181 on: February 20, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »

Why is it necessary (sp?) to put out so many different versions, especially just after the main release?  I used to be the hardcore fan that needed every "special" or "limited" edition.  I now just get the one from Heartagram and leave it at that.

agreed.

the trading/collecting days of HIM are over.

it was really only prominent when everyone had 3 albums worth of shit to collect...

80% of the fans weren't around BEFORE LM...so everyone had major collections to catch up on...and really...even those of us who were infact around before even DSBH...collecting albums wasnt really a major thing.

i think it started with BMMB for me...as well a lot of people around here...i never gave two-shits about collecting anything until BMMB came around and all the sudden those who owned the most HIM shit was "king"...which basically means you now own a box (drawer, shelf, closet etc...but mostly a box)...of albums, posters, singles, stickers, belts, necklaces, buttons, vinyls, dvds, bootlegs...not to mention all the other fucking random candle holders and lunch boxes that HT put out...

what we once spread out all over our floor (some who would open up the singles collection just for "filler" haha) and took pictures of and posted thread upon thread of "YOUR HIM COLLECTION"...

*sigh

its all a thing of the past...i dont know too many people who are willing to spend $800 on 666WTL these days...

I am looking forward to the uber deluxe "Ville spilled wine on the floor during production so it altered the album" 4 disc version featuring 20 different cuts of "Heartkiller".

and that would be ONE HELL OF A RARE 4 disc version....seeing as ville doesnt drink anymore..

hehe...had to do it...;) <33

mind you...he could have spilled burtons wine...but...who gives a fuck about burtons wine...lmao...k im done...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 06:49:44 PM by LonelyRoad »

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1182 on: February 20, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »

the trading/collecting days of HIM are over.

it was really only prominent when everyone had 3 albums worth of shit to collect...

80% of the fans weren't around BEFORE LM...so everyone had major collections to catch up on...and really...even those of us who were infact around before even DSBH...collecting albums wasnt really a major thing.

i think it started with BMMB for me...as well a lot of people around here...i never gave two-shits about collecting anything until BMMB came around and all the sudden those who owned the most HIM shit was "king"...which basically means you now own a box (drawer, shelf, closet etc...but mostly a box)...of albums, posters, singles, stickers, belts, necklaces, buttons, vinyls, dvds, bootlegs...not to mention all the other fucking random candle holders and lunch boxes that HT put out...

what we once spread out all over our floor (some who would open up the singles collection just for "filler" haha) and took pictures of and posted thread upon thread of "YOUR HIM COLLECTION"...

*sigh

its all a thing of the past...i dont know too many people who are willing to spend $800 on 666WTL these days...

I hear ya. By the time Venus Doom came out, I had amassed everything. Now, I just have to pick up new singles or promos when they come out. There's just a handful of things I don't have and at this point they are too pricey even when I do come across them. I miss the big collecting days. :(
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Jay

« Reply #1183 on: February 20, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
The one thing I don't have and will probably never own is the EP.  :(

And I think that "uber deluxe" version is going to be released in Azerbaijan on 5/5/10 but limited to just 3,296 prints.  I've heard that the cover has the ACTUAL WINE SPATTER that was spilled....so no two covers are the same.  (Yes, it was a big glass to cover 3,296 units)...

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #1184 on: February 20, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »
The only way I can really see buying this vinyl is if I happen to see it in stores. I have far too many grown up expenses this time around to spend time and money I don't have to order something I'll probably never use.

I'm just waiting for the definitive, $80, U2-esque releases in a decade or so.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1185 on: February 21, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
I was reading some article translation on valo daily and found this.

The preparations to Screamworks differed a lot to the last six albums ? not least because of rehab. Instead of hitting the bars in his hometown, Ville locked himself into his house, threw his double bed [yes, they said it was a double bed, just fyi :) ] out of his bedroom (?I prefer sleeping on the couch anyway.?) and replaced it with musical equipment on which he recorded his ideas on the acoustic guitar. These demos were about to grace the Special Edition of the new album and show ?how Screamworks was planned originally ? you can even hear the creaking of my wooden chair,? rejoices Ville about the nativeness of the recordings.

Is this talking about Baudelaire in Braille, or some other acoustic demos that Ville made?

Offline loveslastbreath

« Reply #1186 on: February 21, 2010, 10:32:52 PM »
I was reading some article translation on valo daily and found this.

The preparations to Screamworks differed a lot to the last six albums ? not least because of rehab. Instead of hitting the bars in his hometown, Ville locked himself into his house, threw his double bed [yes, they said it was a double bed, just fyi :) ] out of his bedroom (?I prefer sleeping on the couch anyway.?) and replaced it with musical equipment on which he recorded his ideas on the acoustic guitar. These demos were about to grace the Special Edition of the new album and show ?how Screamworks was planned originally ? you can even hear the creaking of my wooden chair,? rejoices Ville about the nativeness of the recordings.

Is this talking about Baudelaire in Braille, or some other acoustic demos that Ville made?
I dont think this was Baudelaire as i remember in some interview Ville talking about flying back to finland and recording the acoustic album after screamworks was done so they wouldnt be demos then.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1187 on: February 21, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
Maybe, I'm trying to find the article that was translated because it could have been translated wrong. http://community.livejournal.com/valo_daily/4034520.html#cutid1 It says it came from Metal Hammer, but Metal Hammer had no such article.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1188 on: February 21, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »
did anyone ever post that song from that comp...the black sabbath tribute one or whateve?

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #1189 on: February 22, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »
did anyone ever post that song from that comp...the black sabbath tribute one or whateve?

yep i did somewhere on the forum lol

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #1190 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »

I would imagine that Bauderlaire doesn't differ all that much from some of Ville's original demos. The change really occurs when the rest of the band comes in.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1191 on: February 22, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »

I would imagine that Bauderlaire doesn't differ all that much from some of Ville's original demos. The change really occurs when the rest of the band comes in.

meh I dont know. Matt really changed around most of the songs in some way judging from the song interviews. It would have been nice to fully hear the originals.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1192 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

lol...it was 1 page back...god i suck haha.

+3 -3...just cuz i was a moron.

<3

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #1193 on: February 23, 2010, 04:00:19 AM »

lol thanks dude

lol...it was 1 page back...god i suck haha.

+3 -3...just cuz i was a moron.

<3

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #1194 on: February 23, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
today i received my first SCREAMWORKS release
the white vinyl, looks fine, and comes with the cd
well really look a bit "cheap" but nice

i had a problem in the place where i was going to get the cd in my country
one big site called mediamarkt, that sells a lot of tecnology, music and video
they didnt have listed the cd to order, just the vinyl, but they dont deal vinyls
there used to have cheaper prices, but i ordered one in cd-wow in 12pounds
i didnt ordered from Heartagram due the expensive postage, they do that the end price goes to near 35 euros... and i dont need the artprint, as i dont have the ltd venus doom litho, that is something like that
but maybe buy 2-3 had been a good idea seing the prices on ebay... this time, not like with venus doom was very limited and out of stock soon
i got the normal single cheap from a german shop, but i had to wait until today to receive, because i ordered the ltd with bandana and its already not available for order in shops
so i had to "fight" in ebay to get one... paying 3 times the price i found in that shop...
still need the normal promo... and the sweeden version
wondering if the uk version sold only in the uk warner site is different, maybe because it has the heartkiller moordeb version, and there was only in the finland version, so must be different
anyone have bought that one?

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #1195 on: February 24, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »
i wonder if they're gunna still do the invenereveritas.com, scaredtodeath.com etc videos...?

www.invenereveritas.com has a vid up! I just saw it like 5 min. ago. Hopefully that means they'll keep putting others up now too. :)
And btw, here's the Youtube link in case anyone has trouble getting the website to load.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #1196 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »
i wonder if they're gunna still do the invenereveritas.com, scaredtodeath.com etc videos...?

www.invenereveritas.com has a vid up! I just saw it like 5 min. ago. Hopefully that means they'll keep putting others up now too. :)
And btw, here's the Youtube link in case anyone has trouble getting the website to load.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEOZpglPfkY 

It's been up for about a week. ;)
Here is the topic in the forum:
http://thesacrament.net/forum/index.php?topic=4988.0

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #1197 on: February 24, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »
This album is still fantastic after all the listens its had.  Awesome.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1199 on: February 24, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
agreed...really cool art direction with these videos...i just (still) wonder if we're gunna get anymore real music vids...cuz these arent going to be on MTV etc...