Author Topic: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice  (Read 174317 times)

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
Re: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice
« Reply #1000 on: February 04, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »
i've listened the album lot of times right now
i love it, its very different, but really nice, each song, some greats surpises, as i imagine the last song is one of my favourites
love the start in "in the arms of rain"
ode to solitude
like st valentine

i will try to get my copy next tuesday, that will be released on spain, the ltd edition too
http://www.warnermusic.es/noticias/ficha.aspx?nIdNoticia=717
i saw at least one price here, and is in 22 euro for the digipack with the acoustic cd, but is an expensive shop the other must be around 18, or i hope (they didnt give prices by phone)
in the link, the picture seems to have the albun title written under the saint scream

according one interview posted here the cover is something like fluorescent-brilliant, i want to see it myself

Offline 0401695

« Reply #1001 on: February 04, 2010, 02:53:04 PM »
Amazing album. I love every single song.

Offline loveisdyinginside

« Reply #1002 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
i've listened the album lot of times right now
i love it, its very different, but really nice, each song, some greats surpises, as i imagine the last song is one of my favourites
love the start in "in the arms of rain"
ode to solitude
like st valentine

i will try to get my copy next tuesday, that will be released on spain, the ltd edition too
http://www.warnermusic.es/noticias/ficha.aspx?nIdNoticia=717
i saw at least one price here, and is in 22 euro for the digipack with the acoustic cd, but is an expensive shop the other must be around 18, or i hope (they didnt give prices by phone)
in the link, the picture seems to have the albun title written under the saint scream

according one interview posted here the cover is something like fluorescent-brilliant, i want to see it myself

Yeap, that's what Ville said in one finnish interview, fluorescent cover!!! can't wait to have mine on my hands :D
There are wounds that are not meant to heal at all...

« Reply #1003 on: February 04, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »
Has someone received your album by now?!!! i've heard of people who already have it on their hands xD someone who bought it at HMV, shipped early, arrived early...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:12:25 PM by loveisdyinginside »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1004 on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
Hey everyone! I've been coming to the sacrament for a long time now and was here when these boards were first put up. Not sure if when I registered reflects that or not, but whatever the case may be, I've been at least a lurker and have just never posted anything until now.

I'm posting now cause I'm curious about some of the vocal style on the album. I've heard all the songs that have been circulating for a few weeks now, but haven't found a leak yet. So to those of you who have heard the full album, is there any vocal work on Screamworks reminiscent to "I Love You (Prelude to Tragedy)?" I've always been a fan of that deep vocal that Ville uses on that track and have forever wanted more songs to feature that style of vocal. I know he still breaks it out in small doses on some other tracks, but in my opinion, never as prominent as it is on "I Love You."

Sorry about the long-winded post and I look forward to hear back from anyone who has heard the album.  

Every type of scream, moan, yell, or whatever Ville has done in past songs/albums can all be found on Screamworks along with much more. Screamworks brings everything up to the next level in my opinion. I have no bad comments to give this album with the exception of Heartkiller being the more boring song for me.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

« Reply #1005 on: February 04, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
Disarme me simply leaves you with no words... :( :O

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
« Reply #1006 on: February 04, 2010, 05:27:08 PM »
Disarme me simply leaves you with no words... :( :O

Disarm me it's ok but seems like DL no 2 to me ;D i mean the song and i did not like that.

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #1007 on: February 04, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
acoustic funeral is just amazing, im just awe struck by it.

the pacing for this album reminds me alot of Love Metal. that album had alot of ballads and every once in awhile itll hit u hard.

anyone else think so?

Edit: also, has anyone got an email from warner that it got shipped out?

i ordered the heartagram ed with the saint scream painting, i hope it gets here at least ON the street date.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:32:47 PM by lovemetal626 »

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1008 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
Disarm Me is a great song, but I think the end where Ville is yelling "No More" kills it.

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #1009 on: February 04, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
Disarm Me is a great song, but I think the end where Ville is yelling "No More" kills it.

really? i feel totally opposite, i love that part. i think it really brings alot of energy and emotion to the song.

the same with ode to solitude, near the end, where he screams the chorus, i just love that part, its like a positive happy scream. hard to explain.

but ville said its about saying goodbye to your solitude, and u can get the feeling from the song.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1010 on: February 04, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
That part in Ode to Solitude where he's screaming is amazing. The part in Disarm Me sounds very cheesy to me and I think ruins what would be a great ending.

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
« Reply #1011 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
That part in Ode to Solitude where he's screaming is amazing. The part in Disarm Me sounds very cheesy to me and I think ruins what would be a great ending.

It's great that we are talking of parts that ruins song..... last time we we're talking about songs that ruins an album  ;D ;D ;D ;D i mean DL Era
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:47:10 PM by dahaka »

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1012 on: February 04, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »
Haha yeah, pretty much every song ruined DL except for maybe VH, DOS, and ITNOE. I'm so glad that this album wasn't another dark light.

koohai

« Reply #1013 on: February 04, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »
I changed my mind, I'll buy the album. Even if I don't like it, I just can't leave a gap in my HIM discography!  ;D

By the way, am I the only one who actually liked The Foreboding...? It's such a unique and particular song, very different from HIM standards and one of the few songs on the cd that I immediately enjoyed.

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1014 on: February 04, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
I changed my mind, I'll buy the album. Even if I don't like it, I just can't leave a gap in my HIM discography!  ;D

By the way, am I the only one who actually liked The Foreboding...? It's such a unique and particular song, very different from HIM standards and one of the few songs on the cd that I immediately enjoyed.

I love that song too, I think it's a perfect ending for the cd.

Offline Jay

« Reply #1015 on: February 04, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »
The album is great, in my opinion.  My opinion has changed after hearing the album.

And that's not me being "hardcore."  I can't stand Heartkiller.  Maybe I'll like it again after hearing it live.

Offline WholeFnShow

« Reply #1016 on: February 04, 2010, 06:31:16 PM »
Every type of scream, moan, yell, or whatever Ville has done in past songs/albums can all be found on Screamworks along with much more. Screamworks brings everything up to the next level in my opinion. I have no bad comments to give this album with the exception of Heartkiller being the more boring song for me.

That sounds amazing. Thanks for responding. I'm really anxious to hear it. Hopefully I can find a torrent of it somewhere soon. I received a stinkin' virus looking for it last night, but I think my firewall was somehow turned off because I didn't actually download anything, just went to a torrent site I usually go to. So epic fail on that front.

Offline Danny

« Reply #1017 on: February 04, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »

No, you are not the only one:D
I love that song, so different from any thing they`ve done before and it sounds awesome:D

Offline Jay

« Reply #1018 on: February 04, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »
Dying Song kind of has the vibe from this 80's track...Ville's lyrical rhythmn, but I can't figure out what song.... any help?  I know, I couldn't be more vague...lol

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #1019 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »
The last track definately has that depeche mode feel to it....
I see what your saying about dying song, it does remind you of an 80's song..... i wonder.  i know that Love, The Hardest Way sounds alot like they continued the ending of killing lonliness.... I know I'm not the only one who hears this similarity......am I ::)

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1020 on: February 04, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »
i reallllllllllly dont like how he says "in venere veritas"...like...at all...

« Reply #1021 on: February 04, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »

I actually love how he says it, remember he's finnish? XD gives an special feeling to it! It's like Ville's finnishy latin xD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:25:23 PM by loveisdyinginside »

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #1022 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »
yeah...i just dont like it lol...

too much emphasis on it...too much accent...idk...

too much haha

EDIT:

and the intro to dying song and disarm me are pretty simliar...actually i feel they're pretty similar in general...ones more 80s and the others more radio...

i foresee a video for disarm me...not just internet vid...hopefully it wont be like HK...god i hope not.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:29:10 PM by LonelyRoad »

« Reply #1023 on: February 04, 2010, 11:28:55 PM »
yeah...i just dont like it lol...

too much emphasis on it...too much accent...idk...

too much haha

hahaha likes are likes :)  8) I'm glad we all don't share the same opinions about the songs and the album in general! that's kinda funny, that means it's very versatile and we all think different, and then, that's nice :D

I'm still dreaming of the day they record a finnish song for an album, at least as a bonus track xD

« Reply #1024 on: February 04, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »

hahaha so I might guess you also hate the way he sings Ave Maria on "In the arms of Rain"...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:33:24 PM by loveisdyinginside »