Author Topic: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice  (Read 174257 times)

DSC5LU

Re: New album? Possibly late 2009 or early 2010.
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2009, 11:54:31 AM »
I love HIM.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »
I love HIM.

I hate HIM. Wish they would stop making music.

;)
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
HIM is great. Just need to step their game up and change that damn album title....but it's w.e. , gotta hear it!

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »
i think the recording of the album is finished, this was the latest on matt squires twitter "just had a mexican fiesta with the guys. salud to a great record!" soon we should be getting some songs hopefully
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
i think the recording of the album is finished, this was the latest on matt squires twitter "just had a mexican fiesta with the guys. salud to a great record!" soon we should be getting some songs hopefully
good to hear, now heres hoping that the album doesnt turn into another dark light.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01:37 AM »
good to hear, now heres hoping that the album doesnt turn into another dark light.

why what was bad about dark light? it's no razorblade romance but it was good

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »
ok so heres my 2 cents my brother ran into ville last week as he was walking to the recording studio.

he said they were still recording and to expect a US nation wide tour in mid or end of march to promote for the new record.

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »
this something up on thier website about helldone

Oh yes, home for the holidays! Life in Southern Cali is really nice, know what I mean? But sometimes it?s good for your soul to feel the extremes - the round-the-clock darkness and the merciless cold. After all it?s a universally known fact that there is no better place to get rid of your studio tan than Hellsinki in late December! Feel that rush again, the blood racing through your veins, feeling a-live! It?s about time, too, knowing there?s an Australian tour looming on the rapidly approaching horizon. And you?ve been itching to slip in some new songs into your set, now haven?t you?

No doubt about it, HIM is in. Then again they always have been, since the first Helldone Festival back in 2005 - and even beyond that. After all, there wouldn?t be a festival in the first place if the band hadn?t made a tradition out of playing New Year?s Eve gigs at their home base, the Tavastia club, starting all the way back in 1998!

Since early August HIM has been working on their seventh studio album in Los Angeles with producer Matt Squire. The working title of the album is ?Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice? and it is scheduled to be released on Valentine?s Day 2010. Starving for live action the band has now decided they would love to headline each and every night of the Four Headed Beast from the North that is Helldone 2009!

Get some of your old friends to give us all a special treat, like go acoustic in the intimate surroundings of funky ol? Semifinal club. Just take a sharp right after the pinball machine, there?s a short set of stairs leading down - voila, you?ve made it!

The 69 Eyes have just released the most electrifying, hard rocking album of their careers in ?Back In Blood?. They will arrive at Helldone Festival red hot after an extensive American tour. Perfect timing for a breather, then - a rare chance to unplug and unwind. After a three-night residency of what will without doubt consist of vampire ballads & debauchery they will hand over the reins to Anathema acoustic.

Anathema is of course one of the forerunners of British doom metal. Formed in Liverpool 1990, they have outgrown all genres a long time ago in their ever continuing search for new ways to express feeling through sound. Anathema acoustic is an ad hoc line-up featuring band members Daniel, Vincent and Jamie Cavanagh, plus Sarah Cavanagh and Claire Molloy. A rare treat indeed!

. Invite the cream of your new favourite bands to open for you. Finland?s Finest - the next generation. Please step forward!

Flamer is the name of the new band of former Bleak frontman and songwriter Caleb. This second time around Caleb has managed to retain everything that was good in his former band, including hit single Fate off the Jade Warrior movie, add some new twists to his music and take the whole thing to the next level. Flamer?s debut album ?Molotov Cocktails? is in the pipeline.

The reviews of Ghost Brigade?s 2007 debut "Guided by Fire" were glowing. ?Impressively atmospheric, dark, intelligent and passionate?, they read. ?Katatonia's grief collides with the wrath of Neurosis?. The guys from Jyv?skyl? kept their cool, stayed focused and upped their game with this year?s ?Isolation Songs?. Brilliant live band, too!

After having released a handful of singles that received cult status Vanity Beach finally got around to releasing their debut album ?A Life Of Vice? earlier this year. Their mission has been from the very beginning to bring back danger into rock & roll. When you listen to their mix of noisy post-punk, haunting synthesizer soundscapes and dark metal overtones, you know they?re on the right track. ?They sound like M?tley Cr?e?s soul looks like?, Metal Hammer famously commented. Everybody knows that?s a scary place to be.

Major Label is a trio from Helsinki, just three guys making this big, big music. You could label their second album ?When I Am With You, You Are Safe? alternative metal, but that means you?ve only scratched the surface. The band?s own description of their music takes you a little closer to the truth: ?our sound is like watching a Michel Gondry movie while simultaneously listening to Sigur R?s and Rage Against The Machine?. The rest is there for you to find out.

The Helldone Festival. Tons of old friends to meet, time to catch up, party to the coolest of tunes. The coolest of tunes? right! Let?s not forget our resident DJ Crew, the infamous Club TarTar DJs. Gentlemen, state your case.

?DJs extraordinaire Ginger Boy, Egyptin Portti and Stereo Ramses will shower you with the best tunes known in Valhalla and beyond. Their mad beatmismatching skillz and feverish scratching will make even the toughest pharaoh dance like a werewolf in the moonlight shadow.?

Yes, people, the Helldone Festival 2009. We promise you four nights of love & magic leading the faithful into 2010. And what a year that is promising to be!

Tickets will go on sale:

Oct 20th, 2009 at 09:00am in Helsinki, Finland (EEST)
Oct 20th at 02:00am in New York, US and (EDT)
Oct 19th, 2009 at 11:00pm in Los Angeles, US (PDT

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
ok so heres my 2 cents my brother ran into ville last week as he was walking to the recording studio.

he said they were still recording and to expect a US nation wide tour in mid or end of march to promote for the new record.

can't wait untill march then and i hope they have two nights in nyc again

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
I really hope there is a new album
new album =  new tour.
And I could really do with a HIM gig sometime in the near future!

you and me both sweetheart i been listening to HIM for the past two weeks nonstop and i really want to see them live again after 5 years since my last HIM gig :(

is that when we met?

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2009, 12:48:51 AM »
Hmm, I was kind of hoping for a tour in early May, but I suppose I'll have to try and make a trip from college. It really sucks not having full access to a car anymore. I've missed, and am going to miss way to many shows.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2009, 05:27:37 AM »
i think the new album is done being recorded....check matt squire's twitter...

**crosses fingers***please change the name...please change the name*****

Offline BenjoRsValo666

« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »
Yeah the name seems a bitt whackk , gosh havnt listen to HIM in timee

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2009, 02:22:50 AM »

I really hope that's all true. I could really use some new HIM material.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
To be honest, the album title isn't THAT bad. I think that if they just kept it as "Screamworks," it could be pretty cool.

Granted nothing will ever top "Deep Shadows & Brilliant Highlights." That is the mother of all album titles.

Offline ameliamarina

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »
yeah... DSBH was the best album title ever.... but the new one takes the second place between the HIM albums i think.... hope the sound will be as good too....

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2009, 06:36:10 PM »
Yeah DSBH is a great album title.  I always thought a HIM album should be named along the lines of "In Satisfying Sorrow" or along that theme if you get me.

I am so hyped for the album, there has been NOTHING on it in terms of news which only builds the tension, they know how to make an album  ;D

Offline 0401695

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:36:25 PM by 0401695 »

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
I'm dying to hear this stuff now...3 more months :-[
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline Nasville

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »
very nice

Offline Email

• Picciotto
  • Crawl down dead lover's lane
    • The Email
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:39 AM »
it just looks so good all together:

01. Ode To Solitude
02. Scared To Death
03. Heart Killer
04. Dying Song
05. Disarm Me
06. Love The Hardest Way
07. Katherine Wheel
08. In The Arms Of Rain
09. Shatter Me With Hope
10. In Venere Veritas
11. Acoustic Funeral
12. St. Valentine
13. Smother A Heart

I have a really good feeling about this album, im so excited!

Offline Nasville

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
lets wait for some new updates......

Offline vampireheart616

Re: Screamworks: Love and Theory In Practice
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2009, 01:34:11 AM »
i can't wait till song gets released or even a sample maybe they'll star the pre sale for the internet version soon

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:07 AM »
it just looks so good all together:

01. Ode To Solitude
02. Scared To Death
03. Heart Killer
04. Dying Song
05. Disarm Me
06. Love The Hardest Way
07. Katherine Wheel
08. In The Arms Of Rain
09. Shatter Me With Hope
10. In Venere Veritas
11. Acoustic Funeral
12. St. Valentine
13. Smother A Heart

I have a really good feeling about this album, im so excited!
[/quote
is this the real tracklist under what i say it said (Please note, we were not given any track titles at the playback).