Author Topic: down the drain  (Read 5221 times)

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
Re: down the drain
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »
Bring up what? I'm bored of that kiddie squabble now love.

Lets face it, every band has this sort of thing happening with their album sales, its a marketing technique and probably still ensures that a good amount of albums are sold.  It also sets up for when there is another release by the band in question.

Worked very well for Guns N Roses and Metallica earlier this year.

Offline 0321

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 12:58:59 AM »
HIM is obviously the worst band ever because they don't update their site everyday.  Shame on them.  They're apparently not in any magazines, no news of them in their hometown, no mention in the media.. seriously.  It's not like they've dropped off the face of the planet.  You still know what they're up to and their whereabouts.  Just because their album isn't overpriced doesn't mean they're going "down the drain."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:00:08 AM by 0321 »

Offline loveslastbreath

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
for those of you complaining of no updates heres an update from metal hammer.

?We?re in the songwriting phase, but I always am so it never stops,? explains HIM frontman Ville Valo. ?The idea is to write number one hits songs? 13 of them,? he adds with a wry smile. ?We?ll figure out who?ll produce it early next year and head into the studio in March or April. Hopefully we?ll be done by the festival season and be able to play new songs there. If the album doesn?t come out in autumn or winter 2009, it?ll be early 2010.?

So what can we expect from the new HIM album?

?I haven?t talked to the band for long yet, but I want to keep the songs all under five minutes and make them really punky and direct. When I say punky I don?t mean sounding like punk, I mean punk in feel. Not so much ear candy. I love over-produced albums but we?ve never tried a more stripped-down, simple approach in a Search And Destroy Iggy Pop and the Stooges type vibe. It?ll still be wanky and melancholy and have all those HIM elements, but just not so much ear candy. Venus Doom was quite a proggy album for us so I?m thinking of doing the opposite with this one.?

And as he explains, being sober has brought out his inner bastard, which we will hear on the new material: ?I?m more pissed off and more aggressive. There?s no buffer between me and the real world so I?m the proper cunt I was meant to be.?

source: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/features/hot-100-him/

Offline 0401695

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Thanks for that !! Sounds cool to me.

Offline ourdiabolikalrapture

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
Yes thank you.

That was an interesting interview!

Offline 0401695

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 01:47:39 AM »
http://mos.futurenet.com/resources/metalhammer/mhp030.mp3

podcast with Ville.

Didnt bring anything up, said page can not be displayed.

Offline 0401695

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 04:39:05 AM »

Offline Razorblade kiss

• Cafone
  • shut your fucking face uncle fucker!
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 05:27:54 AM »
no ones said they sounded like black sabbath that's adsactly the point they dont, every album before it comes out hell have various interviews where hes is asked about it and every time hell say "ohhhh errr its gonna sound more like black sabbath this time", "oh it sounds very black sabath"
hell make a good album when hes stop trying to emulate them, but if the new album is what he says (which it never is) then it could be alot more promising.
i agree they could make a come back but they are no guns n roses or metallica.

Also i believe play.com isnt british its on a island somewhere which is exempt from certain taxes and fees which is how they can sell you everything a little bit cheaper, its just aimed at british.
The band to hear

http://www.freewebs.com/syndromemusic

Offline Nasville

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 07:58:48 AM »
I agree with you.....

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
  • Make A Change... Kill Yourself
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »
no ones said they sounded like black sabbath that's adsactly the point they dont, every album before it comes out hell have various interviews where hes is asked about it and every time hell say "ohhhh errr its gonna sound more like black sabbath this time", "oh it sounds very black sabath"
hell make a good album when hes stop trying to emulate them

Now you say the problem isn't "sounding like Black Sabbath" but trying to emulate them and failing to do so and consequently also failing in to create good albums... If you really have to make an excuse for not liking the albums, go ahead... but that's just delusional.
Again, I really don't think you understand what he means by "sounding like Black Sabbath".
You're taking it literally and of course it's not how you should view its words. Also, the only time I saw that many mentions to "sounding like Black Sabbath" was on the last album... Previously (namely on 'Dark Light') he referred bands like Sisters Of Mercy, Mission, My Bloody Valentine and so on... is not trying to emulate them.

I think Valo knows how many people just don't get what he really means... that's why, in this last interview about the new album, he states "when I say punky I don't mean sounding like punk, I mean punk in feel".  He does so people don't get confuse with his references and start to say they're emulating band X or band Y...

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »
I think Valo knows how many people just don't get what he really means... that's why, in this last interview about the new album, he states "when I say punky I don't mean sounding like punk, I mean punk in feel".  He does so people don't get confuse with his references and start to say they're emulating band X or band Y...

yea i think he has said that every album since love metal would be more punky. he might have said it about love metal, i KNOW he said it about dark light, and for some reason i think he said something along those lines for venus doom.

razorblade kiss was right when he said that their new albums are almost never what ville originally says they are going to be

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 03:01:04 PM »
HIM is obviously the worst band ever because they don't update their site everyday.  Shame on them.  They're apparently not in any magazines, no news of them in their hometown, no mention in the media.. seriously.  It's not like they've dropped off the face of the planet.  You still know what they're up to and their whereabouts.  Just because their album isn't overpriced doesn't mean they're going "down the drain."

Look stop now, it's getting silly.

Nobody is going that far.  There is some overreatcion but that always happens especially with a passionately supported band like HIM.  We're greedy, we just love the band.

Now, lets just discuss what has been going on.

Oh and Merry Christmas all.

Adam xxx

Offline 0321

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 01:02:17 AM »
I like the band too but I don't need to know what they're doing every second of the day.  I understand they have their own lives and do have other things going on outside of the band.

616heartagram

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
patience people