Author Topic: Serious Bootleg Trading??  (Read 1085 times)

Offline wicked-kozm0

Serious Bootleg Trading??
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
I know that by writing this post I might get yelled at for not going through the entire forum reading all the posts about the same topic. I know that I might also piss off some old school traders, and I might even piss Jay off a bit. That I can live with :)

Over the years there have been numerous attempts to create a well functioning, easy to use trade community where people can come together and share their HIM audio/video bootlegs. Let's put it this way, some ideas have been better than others. The "HIM HUB" was somehow succesful, but struggled with unstable uptime. The media section on this site is a good example of how it should not be done in my opinion. The idea is good to a surten extent, but poorly executed. Forcing people to post a surten amount of posts before allowing them to download is just sad, and it prevents people form sharing and participating in the exchange of bootlegs. What does posts on a forum have to do with filesharing/trading anyhow?? Besides from that, the media section contains few files, probably because people don't want to spend dozens of hours uploading big files not getting anything in return but a thank you here and there. Another disadvantage with filestorage sites is that you run the risk of someone making a complaint, and the files being removed.

I read a couple of posts on this forum about setting up an exchange room in the p2p program Soulseek. The last couple of years I have only been using FTP's, torrents and filestorage sites and I am unfamiliar with Soulseek. Is there anyone here who trade bootlegs in Soulseek (or similar programs) on a regular basis? If there is, I would like to get in contact with you.

I have about 40 full length video concerts, and my entire list can be sent on request

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
Re: Serious Bootleg Trading??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:00:32 PM »
i wish i had stuff to offer you however i am not a big bootleg guy... i have only a certain number of videos, and maybe 4 or 5 full audio shows

PM me and we can talk about it in more depth, maybe there is a chance i have something u may be interested in... even if its music that is not HIM related

Offline hthomas20

Re: Serious Bootleg Trading??
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »
what HIM shows do you have?