Author Topic: New Daniel Lioneye CD  (Read 16636 times)

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
Re: New Daniel Lioneye CD
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
gahhl is taking a break from music

but the front man from dimmu borgir would be nice lol

BTW ive just ordered my version with the tshirt  ;D $32 and ?22 (rounded)

cant fucking wait i hope they tour in the UK
No, he`s not! I saw him live in Oslo last week. Playing with his new project called Wardruna

Hmm im sure he said it in a interview lol

anyways i like the last song but who the fuck is on vox cuz im pretty sure it aint Linde

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
  • Make A Change... Kill Yourself
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »
man i listen to BM for very very long time, i have black metal music project
have a lot of contacts and friends of BM groups ,labels ,bm zines and quite huge knowledge about BM....etc.

Your point being...? What makes you think I don't have the same knowledge? Pretty ridiculous introduction.
I'm not going to brag about what I know about BM, I'm going to show it next...

what i wrote in previous topic are subgenres of bm , that means it belongs under the one head of Black Metal, it is not just like this is disco and disco is only one,but black metal has a lot of different ways,faces and so on
category and subgenre in BM is the same thing if you want or not.

What you wrote is what many people write about sub-genres of Black Metal that are just defined by, at best, lyrical themes or, at worst, by idealogical or imagery related aspects.
Your tone clearly shows you thought you were talking with someone not familiarized with the terms. I know those terms quite well, what I'm saying is that sub-genres cannot be defined only by lyrical aspects. That's insufficient. Not to mention "sub-genres" born out of some imagery...

Ways of describing BM? what the hell? Black Metal is simply the subgenre of Heavy Metal.

Yet another silly answer...
Yes, des-crib-ing. You used two terms that are mainly describers: Raw Black Metal and Orthodox Black Metal. If you knew BM as deeply as you brag about I shouldn't have to say this but... Raw BM is used especially to characterize the production and Orthodox BM is referring to a sound that is easily recognized as being more in the vein of second wave BM bands.

The problem is that a band can have a raw production but play Depressive Black Metal or play Folk/Black Metal still having what you can call a raw production. It's not a sub-genre in itself, but much more a description of something that can be present in many sub-genres.
With the term Orthodox the problem is similar. You can call Orthodox to a band that plays something in the vein of Mayhem or something in the vein of Immortal. Or, if you go some years ahead, something in the vein of Dark Funeral or Marduk will also be called "Orthodox". But as it's easily seen this bands are quite distinct.

Those are words that help to understand what you can expect and that's ok and acceptable. What's not acceptable is that you call it sub-genres when there are many flaws in the term as such.

And of course BM is a sub-genre of Heavy Metal but what does that have to do with what I wrote previously...?

You can´t describe black metal via description of NSBM for example because it is only one under subgenre that belongs under the black metal - opinions,lyrical themes,fashion and reprezentation in NSBM are different like in for example pagan black metal ,so if you want to tell me that NSBM and other subgenres that i wrote in previous topics are only ways of descriptions of BM you are pretty wrong.

NSBM is the perfect example of the confusion that is spread all over the place.
First you have to understand that a sub-genre of music distinguishes itself from others by it's sound characteristics. This is pretty obvious to me and should be to anyone but then you talk about "opinions, fashion and representation..." and I feel the need to clarify.
Tell me, besides the lyrical theme what does the following bands have in common: Absurd, Veles, Nokturnal Mortum, Gestapo 666 and I Shalt Become. This bands are commonly "labelled" NSBM but are quite different apart from their ideology and lyrics (I'm taking a rough approach on this, of course). Moreover you can talk about "opinions, fashion and representation" but the question remains. The sound is different and you're talking about a music sub-genre so why call it the same thing? Just because of one aspect that is more important outside the music than in itself?

I can only laugh at your stereotypical "arguments" and at the part you say I'm "wrong".

Peste Noire is black metal band from France,it is not stupit to bring that group here as the example of vocals that i like. man you have to read carefully

A little brag of my own: I know Peste Noire pretty damn well and I've known them since 2005. And that is exactly because of that I say your mention of them is not very bright.
I like Scott Conner's vocals but I'm not going to bring it up just for the sake of it in a topic that is about a band with a very distinct sound from Xasthur...

I read carefully... I'm just not reading that much from you.

if i had to put that new Lindes CD in some music genre ,i would say it is new wave of Experimental Metal with huge black metal influence.

What is exactly "New Wave Of Experimental Metal"...?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 01:58:54 AM by PhiLiz »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
PhiLiz: i still cannot understand what are you fighting for
i said to say that some band is only black metal it is bad because black metal has a lot of subgenres
tell me why there is every black metal band labeled like for example:
Ambient Black Metal - Burzum(until Varg went to the jail)
Atmospheric Black Metal - Summoning
Avantgarde Black Metal - Dies Irae
Dark Black Metal - Agatus
Death Black Metal - Belphegor
Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal - Xasthur
Doom Black Metal - Agalloch
Epic Black Metal - Master's Hammer
Experimental Black Metal - Borknagar
Extreme Black Metal - Cobalt
Folk/Viking Black Metal - Kroda
Gothic Black Metal - Rotting Christ
Industrial/Electronic Black Metal - Mysticum
Melodic Black Metal - Catamenia
NS Black Metal - Totenburg
Orthodox Black Metal - Unholy Kill
Pagan Black Metal - Toreva
Patriotic Black Metal - Moravská Zima
Psychedelic Black Metal - Fullmoon Bongzai
Raw Black Metal - Hate Forest
Ritual Black Metal - Drowning the Light
Satanic Black Metal - Delzvan
Symphonic Black Metal - Dimmu Borgir
Thrash Black Metal - Abigail

you know there is a lot of elements that makes you to put some band to some subgenre i mean only black metal bands,because it is important in black metal
i have no idea why you wrote that bringing up Peste Noire is stupid, i only bring that band there only like example of vocals i do like,i have no idea why it should be stupid for you ....
this is all off topic,and i do not want to make such a discussion in Daniel Lioneye topic .we can talk about that via mail,icq or whatever pm ...

tell me what do you think that new Daniel Lioneye CD is?

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2010, 12:35:22 PM »
Your English is not that good, is it? That's the only reason I can come up with for you to make such an irrelevant list.

The means of communication are not the same and therefore it's unfair to continue this.

EDIT - And I've already said in the topic what I thought about Daniel Lioneye genre...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:17:23 PM by PhiLiz »

616heartagram

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
edit

nvm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:56:56 PM by metalforkill »

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
gahhl is taking a break from music

but the front man from dimmu borgir would be nice lol

BTW ive just ordered my version with the tshirt  ;D $32 and ?22 (rounded)

cant fucking wait i hope they tour in the UK
No, he`s not! I saw him live in Oslo last week. Playing with his new project called Wardruna

hes retired from metal music for the time being.

wardruna is exactly black metal.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:10:53 AM by LonelyRoad »

Offline xmakers

• Cafone
  • damn!! this is so addiktive!!
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »
all i know new daniel lioneyealbum is total  rock n roll...kinda bathory and impaled nazarene gettin stone with our mr.daniel lioneye...dude this album r really crazy!!! ha3 i luv it  :D
3viL:616

Offline Jay

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
All I have to say is that the same care and vigilance of keeping Screamworks close to the vest was not applied to this album.  *cough*

Different label = different methods?

Offline FRO

• I <3 Pandas
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »
Never wanted to be number 1 is friggin awesome!!!!!!
+1

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
whoa. just listened to the samples and holy crap!!! didn't think Linde had it in him. This will go perfect with Gas' 'To Separate The flesh......' stuff.

Do we know if The End Records is the only label? Although I'm in the states, i prefer buying imported CDs for euro bands
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Jay

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Damn man, this CD is full of badass riffs....glad to see Linde doing his own thing!

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
i dont know about everyone else. but i for one am so shocked to see this being released right on the heels of Screamworks. Unlike the 1st album which was an inbetween HIM albums project
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline The-Reaper

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »
Damn man, this CD is full of badass riffs....glad to see Linde doing his own thing!

Right I second that.
It's better than I expected after hearing the previews. I don't like Black Metal and those stuff that much, especially the vocals but this album is not bad and I get used to it. But the guitar parts definitely kicks ass.

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2010, 02:56:17 AM »
Some symphonic touches and some riffs are not very different from the early work of Arcturus which is a good reference because it hints some Avant-Garde direction in the album.

Unfortunately the Avant-Garde thing is something that's hinted very sporadically.
After hearing the full album I've to add that there are also some touches of Melodic Black Metal and a lot of the riffs are reminiscent of some early Ajattara and Dark Metal in general. Finally, there's a distinct symphonic sound throughout the album which is also in line with some Dark Metal bands.

Now, my appreciation:
I think the album it's pretty decent. It's not overwhelming but it has some good moments.
These moments come mostly out of the riffs. The guitar work is very good and dynamic. A nice mix between straightforward aggressiveness ("Euroshaman" and "Who Turned The Lights Out" come to mind) and a more Melodic and elaborated work. About these last parts you have a kind of link to some riffs in HIM but a lot heavier and faster than everything Lindström's main band has ever done. Songs like "I Saw Myself" and "I Have Never Wanted To Be Number One" have some melodies that could be in some HIM album if it weren't for the much heavier sound.

The keyboards appear very nicely and add a symphonic touch to the album without making it too mellow. The best song on the album - "Neolithic Way" - is much graced by this since it features a nice balance between some great riffs and atmospheric and spacial keys. The drumming is pretty standard for the genre and Black Vomit Bolton gets the job done with competence.

Most of the album follows the aforementioned pattern but there are some weird passages and songs that don't connect with the mostly rough sound of the album. "I Have Never Wanted To Be Number One", for example, is the more accessible track of the all work.

The vocals are mainly harsh growls. It can also be heard some clean vocals during the chorus and some stranger passages. This clean parts are a hit and miss... Sometimes they fit the melodic sound well and sometimes they just go nowhere making the songs to soft and mellow.

All in all, it's good for what it is. There is a little bit of repetition, the album suffers from some inconsistency and some of the more melodic moments are a bit uninspired. However, the stand-out tracks like "The Mentat", "Who Turned The Lights Out" (the most Black Metal track of the whole work) and "Neolithic Way" make the album worthwhile.

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2010, 03:22:54 AM »
Good stuff, I've always wanted to hear Linde in heavier music... Vol. II just proves how great guitarist he is. I'd say he's too good to be just a background for Ville and keyboards  :P But maybe "I Have Never Wanted To Be Number One" says something about him and HIM :D

Oh, and according to Lioneye's MySpace Linde is vocalist too. I'm shocked :D I'd never say he's capable of something like this!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:25:24 AM by Vpr616 »
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2010, 05:20:51 AM »
Daniel Lioneye press photos: