Author Topic: What type of HIM fan are you?  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
What type of HIM fan are you?
« on: March 16, 2008, 11:37:20 PM »
I was just wondering if there are any other fans like me?
First, let me describe my loyalty to HIM, then the reason I'm not a regular HIM fan.

I've been a HIM fan for about 5 years strong or so. I've been extremely loyal to them; they have been my favorite band ever since I got into them. I have a tattoo of the heartagram on my wrist, I have all of their albums, singles, and a few bootlegs. I love them and they will be me favorite band forever.

However, I'm not your average HIM fan. I was reading some other topics in this forum talking about how people are sick of HIM being associated with goths or emo kids, and I completely agree. I wear nike dunks, hemp necklaces, plus not every t-shirt I wear is black. I have short hair and I don't wear make-up. I'm just a huge music fan. I listen to Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Metal, Punk, Emo, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap, Techno, House, Electronic, Dub, and as you can guess by my name: Reggae.

I was just wondering how many other people out there are like me? What category do you fall into? Use this topic to describe yourself and what type of HIM fan you are! Let it spill!!!

Later

Ps. I'm not bashing anyone, I used to be 50% goth, 50% skater.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:39:22 PM by rasta666 »

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
Re: What type of HIM fan are you?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »
HIM is that band that is love or hate.

you are either overly obsessed.

your you hate it.

there are VERY VERY few cases when people are just "oh yeah there cool."

Offline Neikan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:17:40 AM »
I'm the fanatic kind of fan, I have everything they've ever released and I know way too much for my own good.
But I've loved them with all my heart since 2001, and I won't let go!
When it comes to the way I dress I might be a bit average, but I'm not your typical emo or goth, I'm a little all over the place, I mix all styles into whatever fits me :D

Btw, I know a lot of people who think they're just cool, but as you say LonelyRoad, it's either love or hate that's the most common thing.
And How I Miss Someone To Hold When Hope Begins to Fade~

Offline playdead616

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
Ive been a strong HIM fan for 5 years. i have all there albums on cd, and vinyl (ex. VD) and all the special editions, and a few single. i have like 6 HIM shirts, wrist bands, posters, wall flags, u name it. bootlegs, dvds, autograpgs, stickers, concert tickets.

however i am not emo or goth. as a mater of fact i HATE the emo trend...anyways. i wear mostly black band t-shirts, blue or black jeans a little baggy with a green and black spike belt with a pink floyd belt buckle. my hair is medium length, in that it is about 3-4 inches shy of reaching my shoulders. i have black skate shoes with purple laces. i listen to indie, folk, acoustic, thrash metal, rock, classic rock, reggae, punk (not emo shit), almost every type of music but rap, or mainstream shit.

so i dont belong to any trend exept the heartagram  :P

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:32:06 PM »
I dress EXACTLY like Ville
I even talk like him too!

My hair is almost exactly like his. As well as my tattoos.

I am only kidding.

I dont know my own style. Its pretty normal though. :)

Offline Grim

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »
Same as you.. Regular non goth clothes, no make-up, but my hair is long, about like Ville's was on the cover of DSBH

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »
If anything I dress more like Rob Zombie, if I had to use examples.

Rugged Jeans, tight old rock band t-shirts

hair is a bit different though, and I am clean shaved. lol

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »
If anything I dress more like Rob Zombie, if I had to use examples.

rob zombie is rad...
if i could pull off the look i would haha

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:01 AM »
Lol.

Yeah. I dont exactly "pull it off". I just throw on clothes I feel comfortable in.

Offline Thess

• The Swedish Biatch
  • Picciotto
  • Medicate Me
    • LJ
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »
comfortable is nice!

i'm to old, to "wide" and to un-cool to look like the typical HIM-fan:P
i'm a jeans and band t-shirt girl, always been.. and i intend to stay that way.

Offline childindark

• Picciotto
  • ever smiled at the tragedies
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
I was obsessed with them, then it kinda cooled off and nowadays I'm only obsessed with their music thankfully...I really don't like being obsessed with persons, like drooling over ville 24/7 ...and my style is, I've got no clue...mostly black, but that's just cause I've always wore black clothes, dunno how not to...and then a few band tees and oh never pants....I dunno how to put them on  :P I put a pair of jeans on a while ago and my entire family including me just stood infront of the mirror laughing ;D
I wish I could say hello to Iggy Pop. Obviously, this is not the right moment!

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
  • Are you ready to die for love?
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »
They're my fave band and it seems like I've never liked any band/singer the way I like HIM.
I colect everything I can, even though I know I still have a small collection if I compare that with some other HIM fans'. I have all albums, some singles, some official and unoficial merchandise, plus DVD bootlegs made by me. I like to read and watch everthing I can about the band because that increases my knowledge about them and I think the only way of building a decent opinion is by knowing as much information as you can. I'm especially interested in interviews.

I don't consider myself a 'blind' type of fan that likes everything related to HIM no matter what. It's definitely not what a so-caled 'real' fan should do. I prefer to think about things and decide if and especially why I like/dislike a HIM song/album/video/concert, etc.
(I mean, I'm not intending to call myself a 'real' fan... What I meant is that I think it's tremendously wrong that some people think they are real fans only because they like anything related to the band...)

I wear the basics, jeans and black tees most of the time, but it's not a rule for me. It's just what makes me feel comfortable.
I don't like band t-shirts. I might have two or three and none of them are HIM's. And also I only wear them at home.

I don't like to wear make-up in my daily life, sometimes only eyeliner and I said SOMETIMES.

I don't follow any particular fashion style and if you see me on the streets, you probably wouldn't be 100% sure of what kind of music I listen to by looking at my clothes. Not even by looking at my piercings, I guess...
Maybe it's because I don't like a specific type of music to reflect that on my clothing. I like specific bands instead, and they're not necessarily alike.

Yes, I do carry my 'symbols' with me, but they're never too explicit. They're more important to me than to the random people that would eventually see them, so I don't feel like I need to show them off. The HIM tattoo on my back is most of time hidden, for exemple. And other things related to bands/things I like are in small details, like keyring, wallet and stuff like that.  ;)

Offline bernie616

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:54 AM »
I dress EXACTLY like Ville
I even talk like him too!

My hair is almost exactly like his. As well as my tattoos.

I am only kidding.

I dont know my own style. Its pretty normal though. :)

hehe that was good