Author Topic: the old music videos...  (Read 4027 times)

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
the old music videos...
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:51:20 AM »
anyone know why they dont/cant show any of the old music videos on US tv?

i never understood why we had to wait till fuckin SM came out to see a HIM video here...i think JM ice version played like once on FUSE...but other than that...its all new stuff..

why.

Offline Wille Wallo

Re: the old music videos...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:02:12 AM »
there are numerous dvd's out with all the music videos on them

go pick one up

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 04:33:16 AM »
thank you.

genius.

that has nothing to do with what i asked.

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »
I recall seeing  Funeral of Hearts and Buried Alive By love videos several times on mtv2, and I think I saw In Joy and Sorrow once on FUSE

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:39:16 AM »
Who the fuck cares when it comes on tv if you have it on dvd

o look problem solved

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
It's probably because they are old singles and no longer being promoted. That, or Universal is just fucking retarded and isn't paying MTV/Fuse to play them.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Neikan

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:16 PM »
It is not just in the US honey.
Can't remember seeing any of the old vids here on tv for a long long time either.

And are you referring the really old ones (like WLADE and Wicked Game) or just the ones from the newer albums (Pretending, Close to the Flame and so on)?

There is really no point in playing those old videos, videos on tv means promotion and you have to promote your new stuff!
And How I Miss Someone To Hold When Hope Begins to Fade~

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »

o look problem solved

ok dipship. your still not getting the point.

i have no big fucking desire to see them.

i asked WHY THEY WERENT PLAYED.

get it?

read shit.

as to Neikan...your not retarded.

i was more or less referring to when RR got rereleased here...just kinda curious why a couple videos werent in rotation at the time.

and yeah i figured the stuff about playing the new ones cuz of promotional shit...but its not just HIM i was wondering about...i havent seen any turbonegro videos on tv...or 69 eyes videos...shit like that...turbonegro as a band is in decent rotation here...just no vids...i was just curious if it has to do with like the euro label their on...stuff like that...

the main reason i asked about the 'old HIM videos' was because i was leaning toward FUSE's 'Loaded' show...where, if you dont have it...they play a 30 min block of 1 bands videos...and as with that, they could play the old videos...like they do with everyone else...a mixture of old and new...

or

'Stevens untitled rock show'...they play lots of older videos on there its not always up-to-date stuff.

so wille...instead of being a douche...answer the question with an actual answer...never said..."LI3K OMG I N33D TO SEE THOSE VIDEOS So0o0o BADD!".

shut up.

Offline Neikan

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:32 AM »
If I'm not totally wrong it might have something to do with HIM switching labels.
They only released Dark Light and Venus Doom under Sire, so the rest of the videos belong to BMG. And since Sire Records don't want to be associated with BMG, at least not in the US, they don't play the videos.

And as for Turbonegro and the 69 Eyes it is just because they aren't really trying to break into the US at the moment. So therefore promoting them is not necessary.
I really think it all comes down to the record labels.

Here in Norway they play Turbonegro vids pretty often, of course ^^
And How I Miss Someone To Hold When Hope Begins to Fade~

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »

o look problem solved

sometimes it's nice to just switch a channel on and get surprised with something you werent expecting...
switching a dvd on takes the spontaneity out of the equation,
plus watching a mix of dfferent videos on TV sometimes can be betther than watching all of the same band, no?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:13:36 AM by Tragic Tears »

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
If I'm not totally wrong it might have something to do with HIM switching labels.
They only released Dark Light and Venus Doom under Sire, so the rest of the videos belong to BMG. And since Sire Records don't want to be associated with BMG, at least not in the US, they don't play the videos.

And as for Turbonegro and the 69 Eyes it is just because they aren't really trying to break into the US at the moment. So therefore promoting them is not necessary.
I really think it all comes down to the record labels.

Here in Norway they play Turbonegro vids pretty often, of course ^^

yea thats what i was thinking...either it was the label that wasnt able to do it...or wasnt a priority...

Offline Grim

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

o look problem solved

Because, have you ever fucking thought of maybe, people want the band to be promoted.. And maybe putting DVD's in every fucking time you want to see a video is just flat out boring.. It is the idea that HIM is not being played, not whether we have the DVD or not..

.:No e-fighting intended:.

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »
Why isn't HIM being played on tv....

HIM's popularity is dwindling for the most part. People liked them because they were exotic, hard to get. Now that there easily accessible alot of people have lost interest. Face it everyone wants something unique and original. Now that HIM is more mainstream, and the many bands that rip them off the original (HIM) has fallen to the side.

So to answer your question HIM videos arn't played in regular rotation because they arn't popular enough. There videos have never been anything too special, i like most of them but they don't do much. Sure when they put a new one out it was always pressed upon hard to get it played, and they were. In the end none of them had any staying power. I know that if i was in the position in a company that has to decide deals with labels to play videos, i would stay away from HIM. They have had to many record changes, it would be far to complicated, and in the end it wouldn't be worth it.

Music videos are dead anyway, it was a way to add to a song but so many people/bands have taken the easy way out and made a video that just flat out sucks. The main channels for music videos VH1/MTV don't even play videos before midnight. It's ridiculous and i wish it wasn't the case. The future of music television will be live dvd's. We're going to see more and more bands with dvd's out and less videos as time goes on.

ok dipship. your still not getting the point.

i have no big fucking desire to see them.

i asked WHY THEY WERENT PLAYED.

get it?

read shit.

loneyroad, i'm sorry this blew out of proportion. No disrespect meant. I'm not sure why you want videos played that you don't want to see. I think you answered your own question.

If you have no desire to watch them, why play them? If you don't want to see them, why would anyeone else that isn't a fan?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:27:57 PM by Wille Wallo »

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »
niekan answered what i asked.

was never mainly about HIM...just  used it as a reference...

referring to why arent bands, who do play shows and sell albums in the US, arent played on tv.

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 01:10:14 AM »
Sorry, it was in HIM general, so i thought you were referring directly to them

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:08:07 AM »
it sucks the videos dont get aired it would do alot for the fanbase etc . . . . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline UseYourAppetite

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »
Buried Alive By Love gets decent airplay over here, as do Funeral Of Hearts and Join Me to a lesser extent. I've also seen Wicked Game, Poison Girl, Gone With The Sin and Right Here In My Arms several times

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
  • Are you ready to die for love?
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »
anyone know why they dont/cant show any of the old music videos on US tv?

Maybe it's not that they can't (at least I don't know anything about that), but most of music channels don't play old videos very often... Specially stuff released before the band started promotion in that particular country.

Offline playdead616

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »
i havnt seen a HIM video on tv at all. i think i seen WOAB but thats really it

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
  • Are you ready to die for love?
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »

I haven't seen any HIM video on TV at all.

Offline kun

• Picciotto
  • Nobody Loves no one....
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
I've seen those too JenX ... but I have seen join me, heartache every moment, wicked game (both versions), WLADE, BABL,RHIMA and I don't remember if anyone else too but I'm pretty sure about these (the ones on my post xD ) .... but I never watched close to the flame or and love said no on a tv chanel ...
baby take my hand,we'll be able to fly...baby I will always be your ... Christ

Offline YoursweetSixsixsix

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
I think the aren't played in the U.S. because the old Songs have not been promoted in the US so you just can get them by importing and the tv stations dont know the old songs. maybe but i don't know

Live long and prosper, earthlings

Offline childindark

• Picciotto
  • ever smiled at the tragedies
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 03:16:19 AM »
the old ones aren't played here (sweden) either really, I've seen FOH a few times but that's about it....

oh though, once I saw JMID the lazer version, that was freakin awesome ;D I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a very familiar intro...goshers I thought I was to have a heartattack  :o
I wish I could say hello to Iggy Pop. Obviously, this is not the right moment!

Offline YoursweetSixsixsix

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
the old ones aren't played here (sweden) either really, I've seen FOH a few times but that's about it....

oh though, once I saw JMID the lazer version, that was freakin awesome ;D I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a very familiar intro...goshers I thought I was to have a heartattack  :o

:D

Sounds familiar! Because about 4 days ago I was watching the German TV Channel WDR, also close to fall asleep, and suddenly the Rock am Ring 2005 Gig startet.

Live long and prosper, earthlings

Offline Eric_Taylor

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

I haven't seen any HIM video on TV at all.

I also have never seen before. It is very difficult to find something about them on Brazilian TV. Only in the series Viva La Bam, passing the Brazilian Mtv.