Author Topic: BLEED WELL VIDEO  (Read 14991 times)

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA

Offline Palladium

Re: BLEED WELL VIDEO
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 03:34:45 PM »
It's on YouTube already.

The video misses a lot of pep and dynamics. It doesn't transmit the speed of the song, looks too static, kinda.

And seriously, instead of producing that kind of video, why not take a random live performance of Bleed Well and put the original recording to that. Same effect and much cheaper.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:38:54 PM by Palladium »

Offline Thess

• The Swedish Biatch
  • Picciotto
  • Medicate Me
    • LJ
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 03:54:28 PM »
it's growing on me.. starting to enjoy it very much.. and will probably have to take a break soon to blink my eyes...

they seem to have fun, thats' all that matters, though i wouldn't say no to seeing a vid like they used to be..like funeral of hearts..

Offline emock

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
Not hugely exciting but it certainly doesn't suck that bad. I kinda like it

And I've just noticed something. I think Linde's plaited three dreads together on one side. It looks a bit random
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:06:04 PM by emock »
If the sun comes down when your not around, it will surely put me through Hell...

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »
The video wasn't that bad, but it could have been so much better
I was expecting something totally different. More like FoH or WLADE

Did nobody noticed Ville's shirt? ;)
They didn't blurred it this time

Offline Grim

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 05:34:41 PM »
Not hugely exciting but it certainly doesn't suck that bad. I kinda like it

And I've just noticed something. I think Linde's plaited three dreads together on one side. It looks a bit random

I saw that too, but aren't dreadlocks permanent until you cut them? I mean, don't you just tangle the hell out of them to where that is how they stay?

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 06:09:13 PM »
I'm glad they didn't use the dancers. The video on youtube (making of Bleed Well) frightened me.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »
here's my big rant on the whole thing

-it was put together in no more than 40 minutes. waaaay rushed.
-it was done very sloppily with camera men getting in the middle of shots
-we all waited in line or waited in lobbies at the orpheum since god knows how early till 5pm and we have nothing to show for it. of course we don't expect shots of each and every one of us but you can barely make out the few extras that were there.
-At the same time I can see why they might not of used extras. after all it was a bunch of 18-20yr olds+a 7 yr old trying to dance- doesn't make for a classy video. But since we were there already you sorta had to make us feel like we were going to be apart of something.
-I feel bad for people who had to buy the album again at HT to get in. thank god i wasnt one of them
-They shouldn't of promoted it as "be in the video" since it turned out to be "watch the making of video"
-the band hardly acknowledged the fans in the crowd or the ones 3 feet away from them. at least for me it gave me the feeling of being unwanted and the band not appreciating their o so dedicated fan base that without us they'd still be a whisper in the states

and believe it or not, yes i'm a huge HIM fan. fans don't have to agree with everything
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »
What did you expect them to do, buy everyone a round and talk about the latest Dancing with the Stars? They were working.

Not to mention, they've been touring since May. Give 'em a break.

Blame the label.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:54:23 PM by Morningrise »

Offline xtina4lyf

• Picciotto
  • I'll Violate You In The Most Sensual Way
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 12:08:12 AM »
Not so much a fan of this video, however there are some cute moments i cannot deny. Ville laughing always makes me smile (i can have my moments of happiness, can't i?)

it's nice to see performance type of stuff, but there have been videos w/ performance as well as a story line that worked perfectly well. I just thought it was plain, and it didn't hold my attention that well. Also, i would've liked to see some sort of interpretation of the song through a story line, because the song is interpreted by so many people in so many different ways. Plus the song is so upbeat and catchy, i thought for sure Sire would want some flashy non-sense, but they didn't even do that.

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 07:30:46 AM »
 :D

So lets say... is this HIM's crappiest video to date??

What do you say?   ;)
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline DarkDesigner

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 09:41:13 AM »
I kinda agree, only, there are some great shots in in.
The concept, I don't think I need more to say about it..
But I think that that's true, yes.

Offline Rasta666

• Linde's Hairstylist
  • Hitman
  • Associate
  • Sex, Drugs & Love Metal
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2007, 12:39:55 PM »
:D

So lets say... is this HIM's crappiest video to date??

What do you say?   ;)

well i was flipping through Love Metal Archives for the sole purpose of comparing bleed well and seeing which videos i disliked most
which was quite hard for me to do, since im judging my favorite band

i found that both Heartache Every Moment videos (live and Bam's cut) were very boring videos which i didnt like
i also somewhat dislike solitary man...

i dunno
i think this Bleed Well video is really good

and dont all attack me at once, but ive noticed alot of ppl saying that FoH is their fav
personally, i dont think it the best...
but i love it, cuz that was the first video to get me hooked to them...
well no, BABL was, but who cares... i saw that one around the same time too
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 12:41:09 PM by rasta666 »

Offline Grim

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »
my favorite video was the 1998 version of Wicked Game

Offline xAndyDollx

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2007, 01:03:36 PM »
my favorite videos are in joy and sorrow and the sacrament.

Offline loveisdyinginside

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2007, 01:59:14 PM »
i like the video
they look really happy
its different, they look more punk rockish
i think its cool

i think the video is great, and i dont think every video needs to be a concept video
performance videos are fun!!!

I don't agree at all. Performance videos are stupid, ridiculous!!!!! Just people dancing around!!! that's stupid and boring!!! sometimes when a video is this way you just see it once or you don't even finish seeing it, this kind of videos are not the ones you want to see over and over again, this video is for one look and that's is... Concept videos are really worthwhile, otherwise is crap like Killing loneliness  video (US), that wasn't even a song to dance that way or to have a party with!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:09:40 PM by undertherose15 »
There are wounds that are not meant to heal at all...

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
here's my big rant on the whole thing

-it was put together in no more than 40 minutes. waaaay rushed.
-it was done very sloppily with camera men getting in the middle of shots
-we all waited in line or waited in lobbies at the orpheum since god knows how early till 5pm and we have nothing to show for it. of course we don't expect shots of each and every one of us but you can barely make out the few extras that were there.
-At the same time I can see why they might not of used extras. after all it was a bunch of 18-20yr olds+a 7 yr old trying to dance- doesn't make for a classy video. But since we were there already you sorta had to make us feel like we were going to be apart of something.
-I feel bad for people who had to buy the album again at HT to get in. thank god i wasnt one of them
-They shouldn't of promoted it as "be in the video" since it turned out to be "watch the making of video"
-the band hardly acknowledged the fans in the crowd or the ones 3 feet away from them. at least for me it gave me the feeling of being unwanted and the band not appreciating their o so dedicated fan base that without us they'd still be a whisper in the states

and believe it or not, yes i'm a huge HIM fan. fans don't have to agree with everything

This is kind of true, poor "fans", but thanks God they didn't use these shots, they were really awful and frightening

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »
My favorite videos are definitely: the funeral of hearts; it totally caught all the feeling of the song, beautiful environment, good production, guys looked great, all the different creatures in the video were the hell good! then join me, captured the song as well, nice suroundings, nice girl in it  :o, band looked great. And Bams videos as well are the rest of my favorites, specially ALSN.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:14:45 PM by undertherose15 »

Offline Spiritual_takeover

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »
i like the video
they look really happy
its different, they look more punk rockish
i think its cool

i think the video is great, and i dont think every video needs to be a concept video
performance videos are fun!!!

I don't agree at all. Performance videos are stupid, ridiculous!!!!! Just people dancing around!!! that's stupid and boring!!! sometimes when a video is this way you just see it once or you don't even finish seeing it, this kind of videos are not the ones you want to see over and over again, this video is for one look and that's is... Concept videos are really worthwhile, otherwise is crap like Killing loneliness  video (US), that wasn't even a song to dance that way or to have a party with!

I agree completely.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:47:45 PM by Spiritual_takeover »
Breathe your poison in other people's hearts

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2007, 11:38:09 PM »
Did someone just write "Sloppily"?

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2007, 07:25:25 AM »

Judging for the quality of the production of the video I can tell you that maybe they were just messing around with the song because for the intention of a video to get air play in a music channel, this one definitely fails to accomplish that.    For both American and European audiences, it's going to be the same result,   hardly will MTV or any other music channel will be airing this low quality video.   I think the video is more oriented to fans, not to gain new people to listen to their music which is a sad thing because the song is a very catchy one.
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

616heartagram

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
i just watched an interview and ville said it was going to be cheap as possible

Offline DarkDesigner

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
does somebody maybe have an download link for it?
So i can put it on my iPod?

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 01:19:05 PM »
I like it, they haven't done a video like this before.  The close to the flame and poison girl live videos are actually from concerts.  This one is more like a video of them playin.  I just think that mige looks weird in it wearing that hat. 
Run Away From The Sun

616heartagram

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »
 the one thing i hate is that they fuck'n edited the song shorter  :-\ :P