Author Topic: Venus Doom (Reviews)  (Read 5993 times)

Offline kun

• Picciotto
  • Nobody Loves no one....
Re: Venus Doom (Reviews)
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »
VD is so much better than DL,I agree....but One of the best?? ...i's just that we can't compare HIM albums anymore....maybe RR never be out of the first place in HIM's albums and because of that we have to give our opinions about every album but without compare each other.....It's unfair for the new albums....(Many people I know think that Old HIM is Best HIM) so I say all this because of that....Every album is deferent than the other,Good or not that's depends on you.... :D
baby take my hand,we'll be able to fly...baby I will always be your ... Christ

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 09:58:16 PM »

Going back to the lyrics stuff,   there always will be people that is never going to be satisfied and complaining about everything at all:    if you have simple love lyrics, "oh that's too simple for me" and if you have very very deep poetic stuff  "oh I don't understand that shit, what the hell??  why can't they write something I can understand?"   (lazy ignorant bastard!!).   But that you can see it everyday.     We like HIM's music because of the music, the guitars, the bass, the drums,  the lyrics, Ville Valo or whatever,  but if you can write a song that is going to be ringing in the ears of people for quite sometime...  well, you touched the chord  ;)

Personally I think VD is NOT HIM's best album and no way is the super heavy album Ville claimed it will be,   but its something fresh to the ears and an evolution in their music without losing that magical touch.  It's a great album and I enjoy every song on it.   With Dark Light they took a step backwards but with this one the took that step back forward and a little extra bit.

Cheeeeeeers!

<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

sacbase

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »
My review.. it was awesome

Online Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »
My review.. it was awesome

Thank God for you! Before reading your review I had no idea if I would like Venus Doom or not! Now, I think, it's pretty safe to say it's awesome.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

sacbase

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:02 PM »
i thought it was a great album

sacbase

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »
sorry for the double-post but I think DL was better

Online Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »
Don't double post. Use the modify button to add whatever else you need to your last post. It's all in the FAQ. Respect the FAQ.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.