Author Topic: What does HIM mean to you???  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Florianhermanni

What does HIM mean to you???
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:30:11 AM »
I'd like to know what HIM and their music means to you...and why???

To start it up:

To me HIM is the one band I listen to much more than any other band (but there are several other bands I listen to).
I guess it's Ville's voice, the lyrics and hole song arrengements, that makes them unique to me.

But the reason why I can listen to them all the time is that each album is different...you can listen to them in whatever mood you are...and doesn't become boring at all...

HIM to last FOREVER  :-*
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

616heartagram

Re: What does HIM mean to you???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 04:47:17 AM »
the only music you can call music

Offline TheHeartless

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »
I gotta agree that HIM's diversity does make it something I can listen to in any mood.  If I'm feeling good I can throw on some Deep Shadows or Razorblade, or if I'm in a pissy-ass mood it's Greatest Lovesongs.  If I'm full of energy and I just want to bang my head I can throw in Love Metal, Uneasy Listening, vol. 2, or the new VD stuff.

HIM is the only band I've ever found that had never produced a bad song.  I have not found a song by HIM I do not like.  From the early 95 demos until now, I know the words to every song and I sing them proudly.  I get shit from some of my friends about them being lame but I disagree because there's something to love about every song, they are all so distinct and individual to me, but all share a bittersweet nature.  Ville's sweet lyrics and voice against heavy music, or even vice-versa.

Most of the people I know admit, even if begrudgingly, that they enjoy at least some HIM.  A prerequisite for any girl I date is not that they have to like HIM but that they have to understand I am obsessed with them and that will not change.  I have Ville's wrist heart tattoo and that was the product of about a year and a half's consideration.  I value it, and I value the music.  I value Ville as a stylistic icon.  His image is always changing with the sound of his brilliant music but no matter what it is, it is distinctly him, and it is distinctly HIM (no pun intended).

HIM is the band I will go to my grave swooning over.  If Ville dies before he turns 40 from lung cancer, I'll get his face tattooed on my body and wear it in my coffin when they lower me into the ground.  Music is very important to me as a person and HIM has set the standard for me that I think no other band will beat.

HIM is just a big part of my life.

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:47:04 AM »
  I get shit from some of my friends about them being lame but I disagree because there's something to love about every song, they are all so distinct and individual to me, but all share a bittersweet nature.  Ville's sweet lyrics and voice against heavy music, or even vice-versa.

I also have these kinds of friends  :D

You're not alone! ;)

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:48:49 AM »
and thanks for your words a lot...

Couldn't say it any better...

Offline Spiritual_takeover

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »
HIM is my favourite band. I can write for hours saying all that I like about them but the essential is that they are the best thing that ever happened in music.
Breathe your poison in other people's hearts

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »
I wouldn't have them any other way.
They are a big part of my life.

Offline ironduke

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »
Life

Offline Vpr616

• I gave up long ago
  • Mobbed Up
  • All dreams are of you my Venus Doom
    • Heartagram616
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 05:09:51 PM »
I don't have enough words to say what HIM is for me. Or at least I don't know enough words in english ;)
For my name is sorrow and I'm a friend of misery
I deprived myself of love for eternal agony
And I don't even dare to try - I know I can only lose
Between this life I live and nothing I have to choose

Offline TheHeartless

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
and thanks for your words a lot...

Couldn't say it any better...

: D

Offline Carru

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »
I love him for bringing love to all of you guys, not to sound corny or anything.
But I think its something beautiful that they do, they bring all of us HIM fans together,
something in common, and something that we can talk about.And all those people who dont think HIM is a 'metal' band (metallica fans), well they gotta deal with all of us.
Musically, they are one of a kind, and their visual art is one of a kind.

So to me HIM means alot, cause music is something I love, and I love being able to say I share that love with all of you.
*whipes tear* lol
Genius Is Born, Not Payed

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 05:16:34 AM »
Applause

Offline henry_king_of_kings

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
passion
love
excitement
drinkin
beautiful lyrics
kick ass show
great band
brilliant vocalist
cigarettes

u get the picture

Offline eveline

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »
my life

i'm so afraid of life. i try to call your name but i'm silenced by the fear of dying in your heart once again

Offline Nasville

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
Everything that i have

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
HIM's music has such a moving aspect to it, and the lyrics really can speak to the heart.  The poetic nature of Ville's songwriting just blows me away with the images and emotions that he can throw into the listener and how it can connect with everyone.
I love to write poetry and songs, and since I have been listening to HIM for some time now, Ville's style of writing has really worn off on me.  I love his writing style, so I try to have a style like that while making my own kind of way to go about it.

Overall, HIM is my favorite band and the best music, but it's also a lot more.  They show that heartfelt creativity and poetic emotion can come straight from the heart and relate to listeners while even telling a story.  Their music is something I can listen to anytime, and HIM is the most incredible band ever.

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline vuK4vAlo

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »
I totally agree with what you said. And I also love to write poems. :)
To me, HIM's music is very cathartic. It helps me to keep sane and is very inspiring. I love how each song is a unique art piece and so creative. Of course, the main reason I will always love HIM is Ville's gorgeous voice, especially when he sings deep, (sigh). But I also love the poetic lyrics and the musical arrangements. Everything comes together in a sincere and heartfelt way. I think their music touches so many people because it is about real emotions and it's done in such a beautiful and honest way.
There are many bands I listen to, and many different musical styles that I love. But HIM will always be one of my most favorite bands because their songs stick with you and speak to the soul.

Offline shirmila

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
I love how their music makes me feel, the passion of their music has such great depth. I remember how amazing I felt when I saw them live. All I know that when I listen to HIM that everything else bad seems to disappear.

Offline ameliamarina

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:32:34 AM »
I started listening to HIM when i was....13-14? something like that! and you know what they mean to a 14 year old girl :P
what they mean to me now that i am 21? They are a band i love and they hold a very special place in my heart cause they were my motivation to discover the world of rock and later metal etc.... i met people who are special to me cause of HIM.
they might have changed (to the worse imo) but i will always love them cause they changed my life :)

Offline monkersville

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »
They strike as motivation.  I learn music because of them.  They are pick me up.  Just I love these guys so much.  MUCHO GRANDE LOVE lol.

Offline maz911216

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 04:01:36 AM »
HIM to me means: growing up

you listen to how theyve changed and come up in the world and its exactly how life should be you know. Example:

Greatest Lovesongs: young, ambitious, no cares
Razorblade Romance: young, ambitious, finally starting to come up in the world as adults
DS and BH: having a good time, earning that dollar
Love Metal: showing the world your there, making your mark
Dark Light: breaking down, trying to keep up
Venus Doom: doing what you want, dont care about what others say anymore
Screamworks: expermenting, falling in love, sex sex sex

Offline navimo

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
HIM is for me and my life very important. Some time ago their music was the only thing that gives me energy. Their songs are very different from album to album. Without HIM i would die.

Love_Metal616

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »
They are meaning everything for me / my life!