Author Topic: Venus Doom the 2nd  (Read 83775 times)

Offline Jay

Re: Venus Doom the 2nd
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2007, 01:52:54 AM »
It's all part of that filthy club of theirs...and it's pretty doubtful that they would stream it on the 6th.  My guess is that everything else will be available, but the album will be streaming the week before release.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:53:53 AM by Jay »

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »
man, i hope its not only for the club, that would suck.

at least give us sound clips of all the tracks.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:11:06 AM by lovemetal626 »

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
Site looks cool. Or at least better than before :) And finally there's a discography. But... I've never heard that HIM released album entitled "Baby Join Me In Death" ;D

where did you see this? all i see is the normal albums, and a 3 disc box set.

in the RR album... see the INFO... XD "Baby join me in death" album is the Razorblade Romance Album...
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2007, 02:11:23 AM »
It's probably just gonna be an update saying "Hear Venus Doom early at Hot Topic"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:12:22 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Haddonfield

« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »
well at least one person on here will join "their filthy little club" and record the stream, so hot diggity haha

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2007, 09:16:29 AM »
I can't see the new heartagram site on any browser :(

All I keep getting is this message:
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 649577 bytes) in /home/drupal-5-prod/env/modules/views/views_cache.inc on line 146"

I'm getting the same thing. Dammit, I really want to see the new site too!

well at least one person on here will join "their filthy little club" and record the stream, so hot diggity haha
I'll be joining. I was bitching about it at work to a friend, but like she said, if it's available I will buy into it. And she's damn right.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Ninoslav

• Green-Eyed Scorpio
  • Picciotto
  • ∑∆T M∑! :)
    • Valley Of Wishes - International nightwish Fan Site
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of X bytes exhausted (tried to allocate Y bytes)...

That indicates that Drupal needed more memory than PHP was allowed to give it.

Increase PHP's memory limit, either by adding:
memory_limit = 12M to your php.ini file (recommended, if you have access)
ini_set('memory_limit', '12M'); in your sites/default/settings.php file
php_value memory_limit 12M in your .htaccess file in the Drupal root

So here's whats been buggy... Hop the admins will fix it soon...

And since we now know that heartagram will use drupal, this can be used in many ways :D
==========================
…When there's nothing left to say
Lake of tears will find it's way…
==========================

Offline RaKoHaMMaS

« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »
Heartagram is now up again.

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »
Yeah. I posted that news somewhere... lol
It's nice...

but too fucking plain and simple.

Offline DopeLenny

« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
it's better this way.. simple that is.. the last one from dark light era sucked big time

Offline muschy

« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:27 PM »
Lyrics are hidden on Heartagram.com

go to search on the side tool bar... and then type in lyrics... you get them for all songs on venus doom
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »
Nice find! Why is there lyrics for a Keane song on there though?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 07:15:09 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2007, 07:52:03 PM »
i hope all this poll stuff and merchandise commercial will disappear soon
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
Nice find! Why is there lyrics for a Keane song on there though?

There isn't another cover/B-side/demo thing coming along is there?  :o

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
I don't think so, but an acoustic cover of that song would be nice

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:09:37 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2007, 08:15:53 PM »
I don't think so, but an acoustic cover of that song would be nice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ukhaGodXpI0

Agreed.

I don't understand why it would be on there (and renamed) for no reason.  Unless it is a joke  :D

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #591 on: September 01, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »
Hmm maybe the warner tech guy just fucked up. I don't understand why they would change the song title to "Evil". Ville is an Interpol fan, so maybe it's supposed to be that song and somehow the lyrics got mixed up. A cover of either of those songs would be nice. More then likely the whole thing is a mix up and we won't get any cover.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:37:36 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #592 on: September 02, 2007, 01:11:40 AM »

I am sure most of you seen it.

I fucking stole it.

I got 3 more too. :) Went to 4 hot topics lol...

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #593 on: September 02, 2007, 02:24:49 AM »

I am sure most of you seen it.

I fucking stole it.

I got 3 more too. :) Went to 4 hot topics lol...

I was going to ask if my store had any extra copies, but theft is always an option :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:29:31 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Florianhermanni

« Reply #594 on: September 02, 2007, 08:29:56 AM »
I also want my Pre-Listening party...but there's none!  :-\
Just moved to the States - Indianapolis is my new home:
anyone else here from Indy? Contact me!
https://www.facebook.com/flo.bo.98

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #595 on: September 02, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
He I don't understand one thing.
They say that we can hear the full album on the official site by Thursday 6th September.
Are all of us allowed to listed the album there or do you have to be a member of the fan club?
If you have to be a member, explain to me please what's that club about, if have to pay to get acces or what. Please help me guys
I miss HIM !!

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #596 on: September 02, 2007, 12:12:31 PM »
They say that we can hear the full album on the official site by Thursday 6th September.
Are all of us allowed to listed the album there or do you have to be a member of the fan club?
If you have to be a member, explain to me please what's that club about, if have to pay to get acces or what. Please help me guys

No one knows yet. The details will come on Tuesday the 4th.

Offline HIM fanatic girl

« Reply #597 on: September 02, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »

No one knows yet. The details will come on Tuesday the 4th.
Ok thanks.
I miss HIM !!

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »
Just back from a week in Paris and I'm glad to see that VD isn't leaked yet

Found this very interesting article from Soundi translated by Kezza
http://kezza1970.livejournal.com/3125.html

Venus Doom interpreted by Ville Valo   
Venus Doom
One of HIM?s best songs ever. The guitar is tuned in H [meaning B in international terminology] and the heavy gothic C part is smartened by a musicbox.

?This was finished just before we went into the studio. In the C part there?s some doom like in Paradise Lost and massive Jim Steinman style vocals in the choruses. Although the idea of having  a little too much of everything was stolen from The Corrosion by Sisters Of Mercy. In the C part I sing lower than ever before.?

Love In Cold  Blood
This song has a very heavy punkyish guitar riff that indirectly resembles Thin Lizzy. The chorus with its wolf-like howling ?Love in co-o-o-old blood? glues like resin.

?To me the riff sounds like Cathedral. Originally we meant to have Lee (Dorrian, the singer of Cathedral) sing on this one, but it never materialised. The song is quite a mess: some parts remind you of Metallica, some of Sabbath. And in the end there?s some Kyuss and Alice In Chains.?

Passion?s Killing Floor
A fine syncope-ridden song that was sold to the movie Transformers. Stylish changes of tempo, a short drum solo and church bells. The first lines go: ?It?s poetry carved in flesh, this beautiful hell of ours?.

?The chorus was composed even before Join Me, some time around 1997. I don?t usually write to desk drawer, but some songs just stay alive. The main riff saw the light in 2001 or 2002, played on acoustic guitar after some tv show in Cologne.?

Kiss Of Dawn

The first single release off the album. A song that includes a psychedelic outro and smells like 80?s hardrock.

?The video was shot in Los Angeles at the legendary Scream Club. It was directed by Meiert Avis, who directed Wings Of The Butterfly from the last album. We even had Tim Palmer on the video. He pretends to be pressing some button [or something like that]. The song is a combination of our heavy and light stuff. The riff is like from Zakk Wylde and the chorus from The Beatles. It?s dedicated to a friend of mine who killed him/herself a couple of years ago.?

Sleepwalking Past Hope
A handsome song that sees both the change of atmosphere and tune, spiced by percussion instruments and in the lyrics a new way to say 666. The band?s ?magnum opus?, for the time being at least.

?It?s true, in the text there?s a ?six hundred three score and six? pun. I had the association with Dante?s Inferno ? in that the Hell ends on the ninth circle. In the song, Inferno only starts at that and ends at 666. Also, Lucifer is mentioned for the first time on a HIM record. This song is my favourite at the moment. It?s a grandiose thing that kind of has three songs in one. In one part there?s a very heavy riff that, in Zepu style, is in minor instead of major.?

Dead Lover?s Lane
An archtype of a HIM song whose chorus takes you back to the 80?s. In a short middle part, there?s a more modern piano loop combination.

?At some point when we were jamming, I came up with a huge bunch of riffs. That rarely happens but it was nice though. The lads called me the riff king the rest of the day. This song has a fine guitar riff and the music is quite a potpur. It reminds me both of Killing Joke, Jethro Tull and Billy Idol. The verse is a mixture of Ijahman Levi and Interpol.?

Song Or Suicide

A one-minute acoustic piece. A field recording where, apart from playing and singing, you can here a chair squeaking. The lyrics include, among other things: ?Sorrow rebuild me. Misery strengthen me?.

?At the time of mixing, I lived in the classic Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles where John Belushi killed himself. I wanted the song to have an acoustic part in the middle, like rock songs on Led Zeppelin?s third album. The lyrics are partly based on Timo K. Mukka?s Tabu and the title is a Judee Sill line. We added two tracks of background vocals on it, the rest was recorded live.?

Bleed Well
Happy-going, a slightly atypical HIM song  in its positivity. In the bridge.. [something] and the song also has a fabulous keyboard-arpeggio.

?The lightness of this song is fake, because lyrically this song is the darkest on the album. The riff is pure Hurriganes [a Finnish band in the 70?s]. We were laughing our arses off at the thought that we should ask Remanderi [from The Hurriganes]) to play the drums. This song started acoustic and it happened to be the first song that we rehearsed.?

Cyanide Sun
An elevating and epic song that not many people would have spared as the last song. The lyrics say: ?We?ve sailed the seas of grief on a raft built with our tears.? Apparently the lyrics are quite personal.

?To me this song represents Lapland. Parts of it were done four years ago, but I finished it last year in Lapland and the lyrics even later. This is in line with our previous albums in the sense that we always have something a little out of the ordinary as the last song.?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »

Passion?s Killing Floor
?The chorus was composed even before Join Me, some time around 1997. I don?t usually write to desk drawer, but some songs just stay alive. The main riff saw the light in 2001 or 2002, played on acoustic guitar after some tv show in Cologne.?

Rad. I love that little backstory on PKF. It does explain why it reminds me so much of older HIM stuff. Again, I think it's neat that CS was something Ville has been working on for a while as well. Thank you for posting that article!