Author Topic: Passion's Killing Floor  (Read 40603 times)

Offline Scully2828

• Picciotto
  • i am jacks smirking revenge
Re: Passion's Killing Floor
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »
great song...intro gave me chils when i heard it..thats to vtioldlde for calling me at 12 last night to tell me about it!  ;D

how much can you know about yourself if youve never been in a fight

Offline Jay

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2007, 11:37:49 AM »
This song caused me to stay up until 3am last night.

Offline spike_africa

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »
hell yeah cant wait for the album even more so now.
WTF mate?

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »
This song caused me to stay up until 3am last night.

Was about the same time for me too.

Being a HIM fan rules once again.

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »
i gave it a few listens, it's got a catchy as fuck chorus that's for sure. It gets better during the breakdown the bells in the background (spooky stuff)

But yeah It's not amazing. pretty good but not amazing.

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2007, 04:15:37 PM »
I'm actually fairly surprised. I like the new track a lot. It's definitely a departure from their latest effort. As opposed to getting softer and softer, this song's well balanced; containing heavier guitar riffs and an unrelenting "bridge," meanwhile mixing in pop elements we've come to love and expect from HIM. The track also has a menacing quality to it. Very dark.

Bravo. Bring on Venus Doom.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:17:34 PM by Morningrise »

Offline Drewbob

« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2007, 06:09:22 PM »
wow, that song actually gives me some hope! it took me a while to realize that i really didn't like DL... good here and there but ultimately a HUGE letdown. this is a good song though, sounds like there focusing on the SOUND, and being a ROCK band again... the only criticism i have is ville's usual histrionics at the end of the song.

in the end though, the real star of this song is linde. fookin' great riff.

Offline SuicideOfLove

« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2007, 07:11:18 PM »
i think it sounds like dark light :|

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »

in the end though, the real star of this song is linde. fookin' great riff.

Definately agree with you there.  I have a feeling Venus Doom could be his big moment in HIM.  So excited to hear about the solos and riffs on the record.

i think it sounds like dark light :|

I think it is does have a link to DL but thats due to the lack of solo and similar vocals on Behind The Crimson Door.  But it was reported that this was going to be the most DL sounding song and I still think its better so whey  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:05:51 PM by SolitaryHeartache »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:25 PM »
(c'mon... where's inferno with the lyrics already!) :P
haha, I was a bit late this time =P everyone tries to beat me these days... I'm pretty sure I got the quiet part close to what it is... Ville's voice is different on this song for some reason, like it's masked or something. I noticed that if I turn my volume down just a little the lyrics don't match up but when I turn it up you can hear a lot more than before especially the whisper part and the very end.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »

well is it just me or the main riff is similar to the one of Wings of a Butterfly??

great song though  8)

<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline Inferno

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2007, 10:10:42 PM »
You're forgiven for your lateness :P ...coz you tried the quiet part - and I think it sounds very similar to what you've put.
That's really what took me so long to post them... i almost worked on them for 2 hours trying to get things right.

well is it just me or the main riff is similar to the one of Wings of a Butterfly??

great song though
The beginning did remind me of WOAB at first but it's just a tad different.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:12:05 PM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
in the corus valos voice reminds me of hunningola for some reason...

i agree with inferno valos voice sounds different but i like it something out of the usual.

Offline endlessdark11

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2007, 11:41:40 PM »
this just got me really really excited! ;D I can't wait for the full album! Should be interesting to say the least!

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2007, 12:24:25 AM »
Ville wrote most of the riffs for this album, when Linde broke himself last winter, according to Gas. Don't know about this song in particular, but Ville really contributed to the guitars on this one.

does he usually do that though i dont remember where i read this but i remember reading an interview where valo said that he usually write alot of the music.. i think it was when DL was coming out

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2007, 12:50:41 AM »
My guess is that Ville does 75% of EVERYTHING. The other 25% is probably input after Ville's presented them with something. I don't think they have much to do with the "writing process".

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »
Well i dont know about everyone else but i cant get the song to play....i just got a new MAC and im not sure if its the computer or the link. I tried getting it on the spanish HIM666 fan site but stil cant hear passion's killing floor. Anyone that can help would be great!

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2007, 02:57:28 AM »
Well i dont know about everyone else but i cant get the song to play....i just got a new MAC and im not sure if its the computer or the link. I tried getting it on the spanish HIM666 fan site but stil cant hear passion's killing floor. Anyone that can help would be great!
the stream its on windows media audio, and mac doesnt seen to have a plugin for internet browsers on that format...
check thesacrament main page you should find what you looking for

Offline livewire625

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2007, 04:09:11 AM »
I love it!...Im hoping this isnt the mastered version tho, mainly because Villes voice sounds a bit more up front than it should, At least to me. It just sounds like its not a final mix. I can definately hear the sabbath influences in the middle sectoin too....REALLY lookin forward to Venus doom now. Thanks a Ton Solitary. :)

koohai

« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2007, 06:07:15 AM »
I like the song, even though it reminds me a bit of DL. Anyway, I'm happy with this pseudo-Sabbath sound...finally, something heavier!  :D

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »
A lot of people are pointing out the DL sounds; Venus Doom is the successor to Dark Light, afterall. I think they're using that DL/cheesy 80s sound a bit more wisely this time, rather than go the pop route of the previous album.

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
Hey, Im really sorry if this is comming up alot but I have a MAC and I cannot find where to listen to Passion's Killing Floor....all the links I find do not work for MAC. Can someone please upload a version that can play using a mac.

• Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »
A lot of people are pointing out the DL sounds; Venus Doom is the successor to Dark Light, afterall. I think they're using that DL/cheesy 80s sound a bit more wisely this time, rather than go the pop route of the previous album.

I agree with that.  You can notice a vague DL element there but they seem to have developed it into something really rockin'.

I'm on a Mac, and I got it straight away with no problems. There was a link here when SolitaryHeartache first posted it (about 5 or 6 pages back)... also there was a megaupload link somewhere, which also works for Mac.

Edit - ok, so the original link has run out, so forget about that one.

I also posted a link that is uploaded on The Sacrament server in the Audio Section.  :)

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2007, 01:59:31 PM »
Holy mother of all that is good in this world! This song is incredible! I love the darker feeling it has to it at points, and it just sounds phenominal! If the whole album is as good as this song, then I think we are all in for one hell of a treat.

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »
shit....lol guess im just dumb as shit.. i dunno wuts up but thanks for the help! My gf that doesnt even like HIM got it on myspace and gave it to me.. pretty amazing!