Author Topic: New videoclips (DFTR and TS)  (Read 9563 times)

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
New videoclips (DFTR and TS)
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »
According to ~TheSacrament~ in the Venus Doom thread:

Srry my last post was false but they confirmed the remake of the sacrament and dont fear the reaper.
REASONS:
THE SACRAMENT:
Bam will direct the video and the name will be changed into sacramentum(latin for sacrament).

DONT FEAR THE REAPER:
This ones long...really long...very long... lol.
HIM found out that this song had a VERY LOW fanbase and is remaking it into two videos.
Their version will be 8 minutes long, and containing some of Valos most kept secret lyrics in a notepad of his that he's been writing. The video will be taken place in Glasgow Necropolis which is a victorian cemetery in Glasgow, Scotland.
Valo said its his favorite place on earth and would love to have it here.http://www.answers.com/topic/glasgow-necropolis

The other video will be for a movie coming out in August 31st 2007"HALLOWEEN"which is a remake of the Original "Halloween" that came out in the 1970's directed by Rob Zombie;rocker turned director.
Apparently the original blue oyster cult song plays in various scenes of the movie. Valo claims that this is one of His favourite movies. THIS IS CONFIRMED AND I CANT BELEIVE WHAT IM ABOUT TO SAY BUT ITS CONFIRMED AS WELL! Bam apparently has a small singing part in sacramentum(RM) and in dont fear the reaper(RM).

Source: an interview with Bam on MTV2

So there will come 3 new videos:
1) Remake of 'The Sacrament' (Sacramentum), directed by Bam
2) Video of 'Don't Fear The Reaper', shoot in Glasgow Necropolis
3) Video of 'Don't Fear The Reaper', for the remake of the movie Halloween

The last one will probably be a promo for the movie. In the remake of the movie a remake of the song.

Bam is singing small parts in the new versions.

I can't find more information about it on other HIM and Bam websites

@~TheSacrament~, what does (RM) mean?
(RM) = Remake

EDIT: Thanks Darklight616

I heard it on mtv there was an interview with bam i dont think its true im just stating what someone else said

Rumor of not, this is not about the new album, Venus Doom, so I made a new topic for further discussion. If it false information, please close it
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 06:26:57 AM by Harker »

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Re: New videoclips (DFTR and TS)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
why not?

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 10:51:27 PM »
Sounds pretty amazing to me. I am looking forward to it.

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:13:27 PM »
Bam, come on...

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 12:00:35 AM »
Enough with this stupid Bam bullshit. Get over yourselves seriously okay you don't like him. But it's a HIM remake of two songs a lot of people on this board appreciate it. He is probably just is the background vocals. It's not that big of a deal. And we know Bam is going to make the videos awesome, because it's a video for a movie, therefore it HAS to be good. So stop complaining.

Offline Nny

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:49 AM »
write a new song to be featured in a movie?

just an idea. all these remakes are ridiculous. regardless ill listen to them. but its kind of going overboard. Sacrament doesnt need to be redone.

and is it kind of..weird. that Bam will be singing.

im gonna place bets right now.

itll be Bam and ville singing to each other on DFTR

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 01:23:08 AM »
I'm surprised nobody's questioning this rumors legitimacy. It sounds like BS to me.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 02:22:43 AM »
no link? why do we even have a thread for this...

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 02:33:26 AM »
(RM) = Remake

And the person said it was an interveiw with Bam from MTV2, and I also saw a post somewhere on here a couple days ago saying something about remakes but I forgot.

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 02:49:54 AM »
I dont care, I like bams directing.

I dont like him that much though... his directing screen play and all that is good thouh

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 03:07:29 AM »

if one of us mods felt like it was useless we would have locked it already so in the mean while dont bash if you have nothing useful to say please keep it to yourself..
i talk to ryan gee from time to time on aim i will ask him whenever i talk to him next...

also i doubt that the new videoclips will be worked on any time soon BAM's time is being consumed by filming his new film MINGHAGS

Offline DeepShadows

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 05:51:48 AM »
I'm surprised nobody's questioning this rumors legitimacy. It sounds like BS to me.

i so hope you're right,

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 06:22:56 AM »

Like I said, this was discussed in the Venus Doom topic. And because it is not about the new album, it would be a mess.

Stupid rumor or truth, people will discuss it, so that is why I made this topic. 

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 06:51:50 AM »
Enough with this stupid Bam bullshit. Get over yourselves seriously okay you don't like him. But it's a HIM remake of two songs a lot of people on this board appreciate it. He is probably just is the background vocals. It's not that big of a deal. And we know Bam is going to make the videos awesome, because it's a video for a movie, therefore it HAS to be good. So stop complaining.
I have no problem with Bam as a director and what not. I'm just a little iffy about his singing abilities.

Offline r@zorbl@de

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 07:33:13 AM »
I have no problem with Bam as a director and what not. I'm just a little iffy about his singing abilities.
that's also what i thought...   :-\
...love's the only war worth dying for...

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »
I read on FUSE somewhere that their remaking Wicked Game! Only it's going to be called Wicked Gamer. Ville is writing new lyrics for it too!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:34:01 AM by lastxcallforsin »

~TheSacrament~

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »

if one of us mods felt like it was useless we would have locked it already so in the mean while dont bash if you have nothing useful to say please keep it to yourself..
i talk to ryan gee from time to time on aim i will ask him whenever i talk to him next...

also i doubt that the new videoclips will be worked on any time soon BAM's time is being consumed by filming his new film MINGHAGS

Hes working on 3 different movies.

MINGHAGS: I dont know the plot.

DREAMSELLER(look it up on IMDB.com: The life of Brandom Novak. The whole movie is Bam helping his friend trying to stop taking drugs and get back into skateboarding.

KISS A GOODMANS ASS(haggard 2):(heres the source:on the vivalabam season 5 dvd on the brazil episode's commentary they talk about it)PLOT: A kid(ryan sheckler) makes a invention that turns garbage into fruit juice, and 3 men(Brandom(BAM) Margera, Brandon Dicamillo and Brandon Novak)try to steal it from him. Valo will appear as both lead singer of HIM and a shopkeeper.

Kiss a goodmans ass is dead-in-a-water right now. Rabb himself is in france, Ryan dunn is Filming Homewrecker tv show, and novak is in rehab

Plus Valo is doing the Projekt Revolution Tour right now so....

and im srry everyone if i messed everything im just stating what i heard on TV and thought it was interesting so i put it on here

and to the dark light user: I HATE BAM MARGERA im just stating what he said
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 12:59:54 PM by Jay »

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »
I have no idea what to say, I hate bam prob. along with most of you here. I will give him credit for being a talented director. Stick with that, do not try to sing. But if Valo and the rest of the band confirmed this for sure then I will have faith in them and wait for them to be released!

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »

Hes working on 3 different movies.

MINGHAGS: I dont know the plot.

DREAMSELLER(look it up on IMDB.com: The life of Brandom Novak. The whole movie is Bam helping his friend trying to stop taking drugs and get back into skateboarding.

KISS A GOODMANS ASS(haggard 2):(heres the source:on the vivalabam season 5 dvd on the brazil episode's commentary they talk about it)PLOT: A kid(ryan sheckler) makes a invention that turns garbage into fruit juice, and 3 men(Brandom(BAM) Margera, Brandon Dicamillo and Brandon Novak)try to steal it from him. Valo will appear as both lead singer of HIM and a shopkeeper.

Kiss a goodmans ass is dead-in-a-water right now. Rabb himself is in france, Ryan dunn is Filming Homewrecker tv show, and novak is in rehab

Plus Valo is doing the Projekt Revolution Tour right now so....

and im srry everyone if i messed everything im just stating what i heard on TV and thought it was interesting so i put it on here

and to the dark light user: I HATE BAM MARGERA im just stating what he said

wrong KAGMA is on the back burner and dreamseller is scratched cause novak got hooked on heroin again..

and dunn and rabb are no longer part of the crew..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 04:08:42 PM by Venus Doom »

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
I think the hate for Bam is well warranted. Bam is ruining HIM's credibility in the US. His videos are travesties. He slaps the heartagram on everything that is his. The band is unavoidably linked to Bam. He's giving HIM bad publicity. Bam doesn't bother me when he does his thing. Actually, I admire him in that respect, but it's when he gets involved in HIM's biz. It's like he gets special privlages because he's a celebrity. The only reason they've hired Bam multiple times before to direct videos and whatnot is because he is cheap...and a friend of Ville's. He doesn't even have a college degree, much less a high school education, to qualify for what he's been doing. His videos are fucking terrible. If you go back and compare them to the earlier videos, you'll see that the new ones are uninspired piles of shit.

I don't care if they're popular. It's when people like them for all the wrong reasons (ie Hot Topic). And Bam is BAD publicity. What they need to do is promote more...not just leave it up to Bam. Think about another band that you really like. What if some exasperating celebrity took it upon himself to promote that band by stealing their imagery and calling it his own. And from there on, everybody associated this band with that celebrity. It's just irritating that's all. You can't escape it. It deteriorates the band's credibility. It isn't just because it's Bam...I would be annoyed by it, be it the same situation, different celebrity.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 04:10:10 PM by Morningrise »

Sucubus666

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »
I think the hate for Bam is well warranted. Bam is ruining HIM's credibility in the US. His videos are travesties. He slaps the heartagram on everything that is his. The band is unavoidably linked to Bam. He's giving HIM bad publicity. Bam doesn't bother me when he does his thing. Actually, I admire him in that respect, but it's when he gets involved in HIM's biz. It's like he gets special privlages because he's a celebrity. The only reason they've hired Bam multiple times before to direct videos and whatnot is because he is cheap...and a friend of Ville's. He doesn't even have a college degree, much less a high school education, to qualify for what he's been doing. His videos are fucking terrible. If you go back and compare them to the earlier videos, you'll see that the new ones are uninspired piles of shit.

I don't care if they're popular. It's when people like them for all the wrong reasons (ie Hot Topic). And Bam is BAD publicity. What they need to do is promote more...not just leave it up to Bam. Think about another band that you really like. What if some exasperating celebrity took it upon himself to promote that band by stealing their imagery and calling it his own. And from there on, everybody associated this band with that celebrity. It's just irritating that's all. You can't escape it. It deteriorates the band's credibility. It isn't just because it's Bam...I would be annoyed by it, be it the same situation, different celebrity.

ummmmm
don't we have a like/dislike bam thread?
and well frankly, NO ONE CARES
you seem to be the only one who doesn't appreciate his directing abilities
so unless you can out direct him and get a budget large enough to do so
THEN get the band to let you direct their videos that get more play here for their own benefit
then, and only then, can you bitch about things as this.
 :)

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 06:17:45 PM »
I'm sorry. I didn't know I needed verification to address my opinion. Am I not allowed to show my concern just as much as you're allowed to express your excitement. No? Well, excuse me.

I wasn't trying to cause an arguement. My post was in response to the statement that the hatred for Bam was unwarranted.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 04:15:07 AM »
WTF!!!!!!!!!!

bam singing what a crappy shit >:(

i like the idea for dontfear the reaper i just wondered why him dont make a video with that song

Offline Talullah

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

I disagree with you...the most recent videos that have been done since Bam has directed a HIM video have not been any better.  The videos for WOAB and the American version of KL, I assume, had large budgets and college educated directors and they still sucked!!! You can't blame everything on Bam.  It gets a little old.

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »
I disagree with you...the most recent videos that have been done since Bam has directed a HIM video have not been any better.  The videos for WOAB and the American version of KL, I assume, had large budgets and college educated directors and they still sucked!!! You can't blame everything on Bam.  It gets a little old.

I'll give you Wings, but I wholeheartedly believe both Killing Loneliness videos were better than anything Bam has done.

But I'll drop the discussion, because apparently I've offended/upset some people. I don't care for the guy when it comes to his collaborations with HIM, but that doesn't mean you and I can't still be friends. My intention wasn't to spark a baseless bashfest. I just thought we could have a mature conversation for argument sake. I apologize.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:12:24 PM by Morningrise »