Author Topic: Suspicions of Remixes on Uneasy Listening Vol. 2  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
Suspicions of Remixes on Uneasy Listening Vol. 2
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:28:08 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but to me, it seems that along with the already confirmed Buried Alive by Love (616 Version) being "Rescue" aka the demo for it, that Endless Dark (616 Version) and I love You (Joffa Bond - We Miss Ya) both sound like demos for the versions released on Love Metal and Razorblade Romance.  When I listened to endless dark, his voice sounded like it did in rescue and not like it does now, so I assumed to myself that it was made previous to the present date.  And Valo's voice in I Love You (Joffa Bond - We Miss Ya) sounds similar to what it is like in songs such as Sigilium Diaboli, which made me think that maybe both were the demos for their released versions.  But thats just my opinion, and I want to hear other people's feedback.

(And by the way, if something has already been brought up about this, I severely appologize)

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: Suspicions of Remixes on Uneasy Listening Vol. 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
Yeah, they are demos. Not every song on the CD is a remix. The Uneasy CD's were marketed as including "rarities and hard-to-find versions of the bands biggest hits." Although, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't qualify "Rendezvous With Anus" or "Sail On" as one of HIM's biggest hits, haha  :D
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »
(And by the way, if something has already been brought up about this, I severely appologize)

For some reason that made me laugh
Run Away From The Sun

Sucubus666

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »
Yeah, they are demos. Not every song on the CD is a remix. The Uneasy CD's were marketed as including "rarities and hard-to-find versions of the bands biggest hits." Although, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't qualify "Rendezvous With Anus" or "Sail On" as one of HIM's biggest hits, haha  :D

or all that rare for that matter.

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:02:19 PM »
Although, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't qualify "Rendezvous With Anus" as one of HIM's biggest hits, haha  :D
I never cared for the Polished track, let alone the Demo edition.
Why would they even bother with that?
Covers are pretty much overrated by the Band, they don't do anything interesting with them.
This is not material the band would have chosen if they had a more open feel about this Album, pity. Only a few good tracks (and by that I meant two).

It was funny hearing I.L.U. Because the Pedal board I use to rehearse in the Studio is in my BOSS ME 33, all you do is move the (Riff A) Modulation to 33% and Equalize the note to a G and you have that playing through your Guitar.

Offline Teletran-1

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 10:03:32 AM »
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't qualify "Rendezvous With Anus" or "Sail On" as one of HIM's biggest hits, haha  :D

Aww, Rendezvous is a good tune, I prefer it to the Turbonegro version :)

The 616 version of I.L.Y. sounds really good too :D

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »
I noticed this also!!!

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline livewire625

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:37:14 PM »
I personally think both of these albums couldve been much better. Half the remixes arent that great, and many have already been released. Also i wouldve much rather seen more demos and decent remixes instead of the live tracks, and "Sail On". I dont think anyone really cares bout any of those. But oh well, im sure they are just to hold us over till Venus Doom gets here :)

Offline shanemaloney

• Picciotto
  • Your pretty face is going to hell
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:40:30 PM »
yea "sail on" i never listen to that song caz its not really good quality for an albun ya kno,that song just doesnt do it for me..lol

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 08:03:54 PM »
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but assuming "616 Version" = Demo does that mean the 616 version of ALSN is also a demo?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 02:25:09 AM »
616 just means it's an alternate version. For the tracks on UL2, it means they are demos. For ALSN, it was a re-recording. They actually recorded it during the Dark Light sessions.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 02:30:37 PM »
I think you guys are crazy. I love all the remixes/demos/covers. It's nice to hear a few new songs from the band. I also strongly disagree with the sail on comment. I LOVE that cover. If you listen to the origonal the sound quality is equal to if not worse then HIM's live version.

Offline shanemaloney

• Picciotto
  • Your pretty face is going to hell
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:20 AM »
I think you guys are crazy. I love all the remixes/demos/covers. It's nice to hear a few new songs from the band. I also strongly disagree with the sail on comment. I LOVE that cover. If you listen to the origonal the sound quality is equal to if not worse then HIM's live version.

yea,but i never heard that song before,and for an really big HIM fan it isnt the best quality (especially for the album)

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »
I have noticed a few people did not like a few mixes and releases on this cd. I loved them all because of the fact... Ville's voice really shows out in a different manor.

616heartagram

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 05:38:11 AM »
i read in an article that all the 616 versions of songs were before the original so maybe demos

Offline Spiritual_takeover

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 04:03:21 PM »
Definitely demos. An album called "HIM - the Demos" would be nice.
Breathe your poison in other people's hearts