Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128506 times)

Offline Inferno

Re: New Untitled Album
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »
Well, I've tried to make my point but have obviously failed.  I just didn't like the word 'study'. 

And he may not like to do duets, but he more than likely has to do whatever management says he has to do these days.....

Yes, it did say study but keep in mind that what was said was translated into english... some words could be off.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35:56 PM »
Play.com lists the new album's release date as July 2nd. It seems like it might be just a placeholder page, but why put a release date down if it's not right?

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/PROD/3-/3343244/New_Album_TBA/Product.html
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2007, 10:48:25 PM »
Hmmm. Could just be a target date if all things run smoothly. Whoever the webmaster of Heartagram is, they need to start updating more. I guess it's always been that way, though, but you'd think they'd at least announce the new Uneasy Listening on there.

Offline muschy

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
i highly doubt that the new album will be out in july im guessing late august.... dark light was supposed to come out in july and then it was pushed back to late september
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2007, 04:35:25 AM »
Dark Light was always (publically, anyways) meant for a Fall release.

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2007, 04:02:15 PM »
Official HIM store says july release aswell.

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/him/

Offline btbed

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
I'm excited for that new book coming out too!!

Offline Len777

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »
last week i orderd uneasy listening vol.2 , the him book, and the dark light tab book for guitar on amazon , i saw the tab book was done by hal leonard they always are right on the mark so i'll be able to see what tunings they really used on dark light. he he he

Offline btbed

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
Holy jumpins!! You must be rich!! HAHAH!! I'm eyeing that book up!! Should be interesting. Those TAB books are great!!  :P

Offline buddings

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2007, 04:55:26 PM »
a love metal tab book would be worth buying. dark light however is easy enough to work out. but must admit it would be great for beginners
Dope + danny = explosion

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
H.I.M. frontman Ville Valo admits that 2005's Dark Light, his band's first proper U.S. release, was, well, too complex and confusing. Hence, the guys in the Finnish quintet — Bam Margera's favorite band — decided to simplify their goth-imbued sound for the tentatively titled Venus Doom, the LP they've been working on with producer Tim Palmer (Dredg, Ozzy Osbourne) in Helsinki.

"There were too many things going on," Valo said of the band's previous release. "[Venus Doom is] going to be a lot heavier than anything we've done before — that's the whole idea. It's like we're mixing My Bloody Valentine's Loveless with Metallica's Master of Puppets. ... There won't be as much ear candy on this one. There are a lot of riffs, and it's more guitar-oriented than keyboard-driven. Really, we just wanted to rock our own socks off."

But Valo doesn't characterize Venus Doom as a total departure for H.I.M., saying instead that the LP will still contain the singer's trademark brokenhearted lyricism (see "Finnish Rockers H.I.M. Say Everything They Do, They Do For Bam Margera").

"We wanted to make a really rockin' album — one that would explode your speakers," he said. "But we also wanted to maintain the melancholy aspects of love and loss in the lyrics and then have the really sweet vocals amidst this storm of guitars.

"Lyrically, it's about me losing a relationship and then actually regaining it, and losing my sanity and regaining it," Valo continued. "As you grow up, life gets more and more complex, even though when you're a kid you think things are going to get easier. It's like a f---ing puzzle that just keeps on having more and more pieces to it. It's very personal, this album. It's like me getting rid of my demons and putting the pain in the music. It's cathartic, and it's about cleansing yourself and trying to have the courage to take that one step further."

Valo penned one song, "The Kiss of Dawn," for a close friend who committed suicide soon after the band wrapped the recording sessions for Dark Light.

"It's been a tough year," Valo said with a sigh. "I'm not complaining at all. But I've had really sh---y things happen to me in my life, so this is definitely the darkest album we've done, lyrically. It's also a celebration of life. It's about remembering the ones you loved with a smile rather than being all dark and brooding and having hair in your face and trying to be Robert Smith from the Cure."

Other numbers slated for the album's final track list include "Love in Cold Blood," "Passion's Killing Floor" and "Dead Lovers Lane." And while Valo wouldn't confirm rampant rumors that his band will travel with Linkin Park this summer as part of the revived Projekt Revolution Tour (see "Linkin Park Finish Apocalyptic Album, Revive Projekt Revolution Tour"), he says the band will be touring the States around Venus Doom's July 10 release.

And what does Valo's old chum Bam think of the newest H.I.M. material? Well, he hasn't heard a note yet, but the singer did express a desire to work with Margera: He said he'll ask the "Jackass" star to direct the clip for the album's first single. But he hasn't approached Bam to discuss a collaboration just yet.

"We have to finish the damn thing first," Valo said, adding that the entire LP should be in the bag within the next few weeks.

Offline Danny

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
Where did you get this information from?

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »
Some of those song titles sound cheesy, but fuck! July 10th isn't that far away! Hopefully there is still some catchy keyboard bits, along with the "heavy" stuff. 

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
Hmmm...the album is called "V.D." I'm not sure what to think of that! I like the sound of it though. Very forboding.

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »
OH YEAH! *dose happy dance* I can't wait! I can't wait!

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:33 PM »
This Interview is couple of days old last I remember hearing, Ville decided to do some interviews, expect some on couple of independent magazines.
Cory beat me to it, I heard the news in a Finnish Magazine but I got lazy to mention it.
There were some Entwine News and I was more interested in that than even mentioning HIM.
:P

Sucubus666

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
hmmmm sounds a lot like dio with better lyrics!
*walks off singing "holy diver, you've been down....."*

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2007, 11:44:05 PM »
Actally it's "Holy Driver, You've been out too long in the midnight sea. Oh something is calling for me."
Sorry...Dio fan...I'm going to go see him with Sabbath in a few weeks..hehehehehe...

Sucubus666

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2007, 09:32:25 AM »
hahaha, i may be a retard, but when it comes to classic rock i'm fucking god.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:59 PM »
I'm finally happy with what I'm reading. The song titles aren't bad, and "Venus Doom" is bizarre enough to make me feel cool again.

I'm so thankful the band decided to go toward a harder sound. Granted, I remember hearing that Dark Light would be a "punkier" album. So lets not count our cards before they're delt.

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
Honestly. I like it.

It may not be as sentimental as their past. But I know Ville will show the feelings in the lyrics as usual. But not as bad as Dark Light (good album, just didn't take their time).

I am sure it will sound good.

Can't wait for a demo of some sort. Or a live song.

Offline dahaka

• Picciotto
  • Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
I think it will be an improved GLV666 , because that one is quitar oriented but not in a progressive way like love metals soul on fire or babl. It's kinda doom. Best album so far in my opinion. Lets hope it will be great  :)

Offline btbed

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »
Thats awsome. Thank you for that article Jen X  ;D

Offline Razorblade kiss

• Cafone
  • shut your fucking face uncle fucker!
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
hmm i think he throwing people of the scent with all these track names and the album name they sounds like b sides to dark light by there names

i mean ''the heartless'', ''join me'', ''poison girl'', ''i love you'', ''funeral of hearts'' there all to the point names but then dark light went all subliminal pfft
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:44:54 PM by Razorblade kiss »
The band to hear

http://www.freewebs.com/syndromemusic

Offline btbed

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »
I can't wait if it's really gonna be out in July!!