Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128586 times)

Offline RaKoHaMMaS

Re: Venus Doom Thread
« Reply #625 on: July 21, 2007, 09:16:59 AM »
I seriously doubt it'll be better than RR but at this moment kiss of dawn is growing on me.

Offline villekiss

« Reply #626 on: July 21, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
RR is my favorite album till now..but  i don`t knwo till now kiss of dawn ,passion`s killing floor,dead lover`s lane and the beginning of Love in cold blod..these sound awesome...great..i imagine the rest of album..can t wait
H.I.M. !!! rocks !!!

Offline Inferno

« Reply #627 on: July 21, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »
someone can share the promo? uu..

only 30 seconds XD pleaseee  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( hahahaha...

:D

:-\ it's so hard to believe our hearts can't wait for Venus Doom xD  :(

**edit**

yeaah! maybe in a week i will get Venus Doom ^^ i'm so excited!
Nothing can be leaked from the promos... it is watermarked. Even a 5 second clip is tracable. A watermark is a digital signature or in other words a signal hidden within the song. It is unhearable to the naked ear and it continuously played through the whole song.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #628 on: July 21, 2007, 06:49:26 PM »
Let's just say I know some people.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #629 on: July 21, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »
I firmly believe there is nothing to worry about when leaking a watermarked CD. I've downloaded tons of 'em, so the people leaking them must think the same way. When they say watermarked, though, it could mean a handful of different things. I've never heard of anyone being able to "trace" a file. I have heard, however, or certain songs being at a different volume or pitch - things like that to keep people from wanting to share them because they'd be practically unlistenable. If someone leaks it, though, they leak it. If they don't, they don't. I can wait, but I'd rather not have to. ;D

EDIT: While I'm on the subject, I'd like to know where the lyrics of Bleed Well came from, as others have already asked. It's not that big of a deal to say.

Each CD is individually marked with a special signal encoded into the music. Every CD is different and as I said before, it can't be heard. It has to be found using the same software that was used to put it on and using the same alogarithm that was used, that they bought the rights to, so then they can decode the signal and trace back to whom the CD was given to. This whole precess is very easy to do, and since there are only a few CD's actually out there, it's not hard to watermark them.

Also, they don't actually trace the file... it's impossible. What happens is that the information gets leaked... the company finds out and get which information is leaked and then traces it back to who leaked it. Only way around the whole watermark thing is to keep the information internal... meaning only give it to people who are not affiliated with press, government, or the company who produced it... but then you gotta trust those people who u gave it to to not give it to the people mentioned above.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:25:00 PM by Inferno »
[/

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #630 on: July 21, 2007, 09:32:55 PM »
If a clip was recorded with say a cell phone or different form of low quality recording in an analog fashion, it would be very difficult to trace. Thats what happened with The Shins latest album. Someone leaked it in shitty quality, to make it harder to trace. Either way I don't think it's worth the risk. They could probably figure out what ip address the upload came from. Unless it was uploaded from a public library to an anonymous site... haha... ok I'll shut up now. It will leak, when it leaks. Probably a couple weeks from the release date.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 10:11:04 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #631 on: July 22, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
If I had it, I would share with people I trusted... and if I got in trouble I would find out who did it and i'll be coming after their asses.
[/

Offline RaKoHaMMaS

« Reply #632 on: July 22, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
I would let them listen to it but not share it via net.

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #633 on: July 23, 2007, 08:48:48 AM »

oh well,  leaked or no, we will surely be buying the cd in september,  so anyway...

:)
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline RaKoHaMMaS

« Reply #634 on: July 23, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
Their bad. If Warner wasn't such a shit, we would have the album by now.

Offline Len777

« Reply #635 on: July 24, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »
ok now i'm really excited i preordered both limited editions the black book version looks really awesome and i'm glad they are doing remixes again i missed that .  :)

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #636 on: July 24, 2007, 02:59:46 PM »
I'm excited for the acoustic version of "Love In Cold Blood".

Offline RaKoHaMMaS

« Reply #637 on: July 24, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »
www.heartagram.com/venusdoom

I was going to preorder it too, but with the shipping it will be much expensive than i can afford.

Maybe if someone sell it in europe i could buy one.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:29:38 PM by RaKoHaMMaS »

Offline Jay

« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »
My goddamn bank card better be working in time so I can get this "limited edition" Blackbook version.

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #639 on: July 24, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
iwill hopefully get this aswell
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #640 on: July 24, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »
Interesting to see that this "De Selby" character from The Third Policeman talked about Dark Light in his theory.

http://www.rocknroll.f9.co.uk/science/savant.html

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2007, 05:45:46 PM »
Interesting to see that this "De Selby" character from The Third Policeman talked about Dark Light in his theory.

http://www.rocknroll.f9.co.uk/science/savant.html

Actually that theory was broken down maybe thirty years ago.
It was believed at first that Colour was indeed related to Black and White but it was proven other wise.
This book speaks nearly in three parties, the reader, the viewer and the third party being the action or as some want to call it the mind character.

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2007, 06:11:40 PM »
Does anyone know if the Special Limited Edition comes with

Everything in the Special Edition and Normal Edition?

they dont state whether or not, i would like to know before i order.

thanks

cuz then the special limited edition would be the best bet.

Offline Len777

« Reply #643 on: July 24, 2007, 08:38:09 PM »
i oredered both and broke my bank i'm just to excited and didn't want to miss out on anything lol

Offline Jay

« Reply #644 on: July 24, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »
*sigh*

I can't believe I'm still a HIM nerd and have to have the most special edition available.  I just purchased the black book thingy too.

Offline Davidson955

« Reply #645 on: July 24, 2007, 10:55:48 PM »
Im a HIM fan like everyone else but I learned from the Dark Light special Edition to not buy the Special Limited Edition because its kinda gay, I dont need exclusive photos or crap qrapped in envelopes haha. I just want the music

Offline Jay

« Reply #646 on: July 24, 2007, 11:07:56 PM »
I'm with Jen on this one...eBay was my addiction because of HIM when I first got into them.  That's how I found my sealed Razorblade Romance digipak for $12!

Offline snuffupakiss

« Reply #647 on: July 25, 2007, 01:31:07 AM »
just ordered the leather- bound edition. its purdy...can't wait to get it.
oh and jay, whats the black book thingy you mentioned in your post?

Offline Jay

« Reply #648 on: July 25, 2007, 01:59:46 AM »
I meant the leather-bound one

Offline snuffupakiss

« Reply #649 on: July 25, 2007, 02:03:41 AM »
oh, okay. i thought there was yet another new HIM goodie that i must have, lol.
so  has anyone ripped the $10 ville interview clip- cos i can't get it to work for me. :'(