Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128526 times)

Offline monkeyboy32

Re: New Untitled Album
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »
*mumbles whilst looking at the ground*
I actually like the title "Passion's Killing Floor"...

I'll say amen to that.  I think it's a great song title

Offline deadalready

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »
once a HIM fan always a HM fan no matter what

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
once a HIM fan always a HM fan no matter what
Couldn't have found a better way to put it. Kudos to you  :)

Offline Jay

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
I don't play attention to that "it's gonna be more like Sabbath" stuff anymore, because in the end, it won't be.  We'll never get another Razorblade Romance out of them, but we can hope for another Love Metal.

HIM should go electronic/industrial, or pop-punk.  Kidding!  If that doesn't work, they should get the Nickelback guy to help with song writing so all their songs will sound the same.  I will be MORTIFIED if HIM finally does a collaboration on this album and it turns out to be with someone from Fall Out Boy (or any of that style shit).  Kinda like when Avenged Sevenfold appeared on Good Charlotte's new track, solidifying their status as "a heavy Good Charlotte"

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
Jay...

Do not jinx it!

:-P

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »
I don't play attention to that "it's gonna be more like Sabbath" stuff anymore, because in the end, it won't be.  We'll never get another Razorblade Romance out of them, but we can hope for another Love Metal.

HIM should go electronic/industrial, or pop-punk.  Kidding!  If that doesn't work, they should get the Nickelback guy to help with song writing so all their songs will sound the same.  I will be MORTIFIED if HIM finally does a collaboration on this album and it turns out to be with someone from Fall Out Boy (or any of that style shit).  Kinda like when Avenged Sevenfold appeared on Good Charlotte's new track, solidifying their status as "a heavy Good Charlotte"

OH DEAR GOD! *Screams and rips hair out* You're scarring the shit of me! They will NEVER do that! I hope.......

Offline Inferno

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
You guys really just make things worse by putting the band down, they know they messed up with DL and could have done a better job, but at least they did have a few solid songs... you all should give them at least a little credit for getting where they are now and just because of where they are now doesn't mean it will influence their music... I believe what Ville is saying about the next album and I have faith in them. It's hard and stressful being a musician, you go form a band and make as many albums as they have and try sticking with the same style the whole time.... it gets hard, so please have some faith in the band... they made one minor mistake and you guys are giving up on them already, have some respect.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 12:57:03 AM »
Thank you! *high fives*

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 07:34:01 AM »
I won't make any judgements or assumptions until the I the album in my CD drive and have listened through completely.

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• Mobbed Up
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:20 PM »
Haha Jay you practically almost created a mass suicide with your comment hahahaha!!!!

Offline safe_hands

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
Personally I reckon Ville will turn do some Johnny Cash type thing after this album. I could just imagine him going solo and doing acoustic stuff, maybe some folky. Then coming back in a couple of years with a HIM album.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »
Where did the love go for HIM?

I dunno eh?  ;D

It's gonna be good, mark my words.

Offline monkeyboy32

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2007, 03:29:31 AM »
HIM is dead.

why and how so?  wait and hear some of the new material before u judge

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• Mobbed Up
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2007, 04:43:14 PM »
Wow this thread became nothing but a battle over who likes HIM ughhh!!! Lets just say people some of us have hope and some of us don't. So unless you have info on the New Album itself other than I love the idea of a new album.. or HIM is dead... Leave it here otherwise drop the mindless posts. Even I am tired of reading and posting in this thread. So lets role with the info people ^_^

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2007, 05:29:34 PM »
I secound that. *salutes*

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
HIM isn't going anywhere. They are forever in my heart.

I keep in mind I will be 60,70,120 years old... and I will still have all these tattoos.

I doubt I will make it to 120 years old though. :(

Offline monkeyboy32

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2007, 03:28:21 AM »
I secound that. *salutes*

I third it

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2007, 07:46:33 AM »
Bleed Well its sounds me cool but not and Passion Killing Floor. I have positive feeling about the new album but i have this feeling always before the release so i can just pray  this time to be  correct feeling :o

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2007, 09:33:45 AM »

Passion Killing Floor,..  that sound like some Michael Jackson song title.   Anyway,   whatever or not the new album is great,  hard rock back to the beggining as stated by Ville,  I will surely will get it.   I love HIM's music and between all the crap that is sounding all around the world I think Ville and company are one of the best options out there.

Cheers!
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline NEGATIVE nancy (freewm3)

• Associate
  • The only game I know is strip solitaire
    • My myspace
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
HIM isn't going anywhere. They are forever in my heart.

I keep in mind I will be 60,70,120 years old... and I will still have all these tattoos.

I doubt I will make it to 120 years old though. :(
tattoos are only gaurenteed 30 days after death.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
Close up Magazine Translation:
http://community.livejournal.com/valo_daily/1768792.html

The producer for the next album is Tim Palmer, who mixed "Love Metal" and had the major responsebillity for "DarkLight". In march HIM enters the studio in Helsinki to start recording the next album.

- What to expect on the next album?
- It sounds dull, but it is true, everything bad that happend in 2006 made me dig deeper inside of myself and work with stuff, because of that it is a really really super personal thing that is on the next album. I try to hide it all on pseudo...(?) and spice it up with some sense of humour.

Villes favorite songs at the moment are "Bleed Well"
and another one is "PassionĀ“s killing floor"
more titles are almoust done but can be changed during the journey so those he wants to keep to himself.

Behind one of them hides a lyric about sucide.
- As always it is very purifying, he says about the subject in the end, the lyric is something positive. When you are really desperate what do you do? the only way for me to get rid of the agony is to write a song and if I thought writing another bad idiotic boring 80-style goth rock song can live yet another day then I have fulfilled my mission. Everybody has their own way of handling life, for us it is music.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
I'd comment on what you posted, but there was no way I was going to read all of that....

The reference to My Bloody Valentine is promising and exciting to me.  But why must they study Black Sabbath albums?  Get over it!  Everyone is trying for that Sabbath sound nowadays....it's not all that interesting!  You shouldn't have to 'study' anything anyway......it really pissed me off that he said that.....goddamn it.

You know, it won't actually sound like Sabbath.  Its ideas, all bands have to do it.  Otherwise we would just get the same again, Dark Light II

Offline monkeyboy32

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
They have never sounded like Sabbath, even though they have mentioned in the past that they will...

And I don't think it's true that all bands 'study' other bands.....for the most part, the influence is in the subconcious of the members....most bands don't intentionally imitate a band, I would say.

My band never studied anyone and we don't sound like any other band in the world........... ;D

your band may not sound like any other band in the world but I bet another band in the world sounds like yours

Offline Inferno

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »
They have never sounded like Sabbath, even though they have mentioned in the past that they will...

And I don't think it's true that all bands 'study' other bands.....for the most part, the influence is in the subconcious of the members....most bands don't intentionally imitate a band, I would say.

My band never studied anyone and we don't sound like any other band in the world........... ;D

Just because you are influenced by a band doesn't mean it will sound the same. It's like comparing 2 different songs from the same band... they won't sound the same no matter what because they are different songs. Same goes for this... they have a feeling that they get when listening to black sabbath's music and that's the same feeling they want to try to achieve in their own music, what's wrong with that? They just want to give their fans a chance to get the same feeling they got when they were just fans and were crazy about a band.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2007, 09:22:03 PM »
Well, that's a lovely name.

And Valo says weird things....like I read once somwhere that he said he didn't like doing duets. And how many has he done? So yeah, I'm sure he just meant they were being REMINDED of they're infulnces. Nothing wrong with that.