Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128333 times)

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
Re: Venus Doom Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
Even HMC.fi is reporting that Venus Doom is delayed until September. I'm not so much mad that it's delayed, but why. Stupid U.S. label. Let Europe release it in July, so I can import it, and then you guys can release it whenever the hell you want!  ;D
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »
But this could be wrong, I mean so many places, articles, etc. have confirmed July 10th, and since one other thing comes out I think we should still speculate July 10th

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »
Yes, but everyone confirmed July 10th back when that was still the tentative date. Now it has been pushed back and most places have yet to update to that.

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2007, 05:40:45 AM »
Even HMC.fi is reporting that Venus Doom is delayed until September. I'm not so much mad that it's delayed, but why. Stupid U.S. label. Let Europe release it in July, so I can import it, and then you guys can release it whenever the hell you want!  ;D
HMC was the first telling about July as release date, later mtv added july 10 and the title, Venus doom
but HMC never have published the name of the album
apart mtv, there is another reference to the title, maybe on kerrang?

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2007, 08:18:41 AM »
Metal Hammer mentions the title in the May issue, but doesn't have any specific release date.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
From Heartagram.com Forum posted by Shelley (on may 11 2007):

Got the Revolver in the mail today. My scanner is not working so I will type it out for you guys.

In the studio THE GREAT DEPRESSION

Ville Valo coudn't be more bummed out about how good HIM's forthcoming album promises to be.

"I've been having thes meltdowns like never before" says HIM's Ville Valo. The finnish frontman is on the phone from Finnvox studios in Helsinki, where the band is tracking the followup to 2005's Dark Light, tentaively titled "Venus Doom". "When an album is on it's way, its always something. Last time, I had these panic attacks, and this time around I've been going through severe depression. The albums sounding great, and we're having a great time while doing it, but I'm really having a hard time."

The band (which also includes guitarist Linde Lindstrom, bassist Mige', drummer Gas, and keyboardist Burton) is once again working with Dark Light producer Tim Palmer, with coproduction and engineering help from Hiili Hiilesmaa, who produced 2003's Love Metal. "When you have two guys that know the band real well, everything goes alot faster," says Valo. "And it's been nice for the band to record at home, because everyone can sleep in their own bed until the touring thing starts." So, what, then, is the problem? "Oh, I don't fucking know." Valo laughs. "You prepare the songs and you work on lyrics for maybe years before you get to actually hear them played by the band, and then it's such an emotional thing that goes on when that happens-it's like you 've got to destroy something beautiful to rebuild something even more beautiful. It's devastating to me, but it's devastating to me in a peculiarly beautiful way. It's like Edvard Munch's The Scream-but with pastel colors."

Never one to shy away from wearing his vampire heart on his sleeve, Valo says his lyrics for Venus Doom (which, like Dark Light, will be released on Sire Records) are more personal than ever., including a song for a friend who commited suicide two years ago. "Sometimes, when you write lyrics, you think you're writing them about somebody else," he explains. "But all of a sudden, when you read them again, you're like, Fucking hell, they're about me! That's kind of weird, and that's been happening alot lately."

Still, Valo assures Revolver that he hasn't lost his macrabre sense of humor. "It's all still tongue in cheek, to a certain extent," he says. "You can't take yourself too seriously-or way too seriously, you know? There's a fine line. My favorite is the song 'Passions Killing Floor.' The first line is 'My hearts a graveyard baby!' And there is a song called 'Dead Lovers Lane': 'Crawl down dead lovers lane/The maze of memories stained/And suck the blood out of my heart.' Stuff like that. So, Im still the depressed fucking gloomy motherfucker that I always was." he laughs.

Valo previously told Revolver that Venus Doom would sound like Blsck Sabbath meets Nineties shoegazers My Bloody Valentine, and the singer still stands by the description.

"Or U2 meeting Kyuss," he offers. "It's still very melodic-the keyboards are super-gay-very Depeche Mode, very Eighties-but everything else is super-fucking heavy. At times, it sounds like Master of Puppets-era Metallica, which is really cool. It sounds kind of macho, which is nice. So it's kind of like a she-male record."

Venus Doom, which wil be mixed by Palmer and Valo at L.A.'s Paramount Recording, is slated for a July 10 release.

"We're trying to be fast," says Valo. "We're trying to be like the Seventies, when Whitesnake and everybody were doing three albums a year."
Wait, did you just say Whitesnake? "I love Whitesnake! David Coverdale is my fucking hero!," Valo exults. "Though our brand of cock rock is a little more subtle. We are very sensitive on that side," he chuckles. "We do 'slide it in' occasionally-but only if she says so."

There are two pic's, the one with the voodoo chicken foot in the studio and another small one standing at the mike singing in the studio.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:46:15 AM by Harker »

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2007, 02:27:57 PM »
Still slated for July 10th :) And that must be a very recent interveiw, and it's in a brand new issue. I hope it comes out July

Offline Jay

« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2007, 02:41:05 PM »
Slated doesn't mean shit.  My guess is that it will be September, but I would rape you for a July release.  :)

Offline Len777

« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2007, 05:13:22 PM »
haha.. good interview got me excited because of the fact that it says hilli co produced it. got them good old love metal feelings again. i think they are gonna fucking bring it on this one.

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2007, 05:24:05 PM »
in May the New Video-Shoot :)

i can't wait ¬¬
Where the lost are safe until they love again...

~TheSacrament~

« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2007, 08:29:42 AM »
i just heard on him online that there making revamped versions of THE SACRAMENT, WINGS OF A BUTTERFLY, WHEN LOVE AND DEATH EMBRACE and DONT FEAR THE REAPER. Plus, i cant wait to hear dead lovers lane

~TheSacrament~

« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »
there touring with LINKIN PARK*punches the wall*goddamnit LP sucks

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2007, 10:27:09 AM »
i just heard on him online that there making revamped versions of THE SACRAMENT, WINGS OF A BUTTERFLY, WHEN LOVE AND DEATH EMBRACE and DONT FEAR THE REAPER. Plus, i cant wait to hear dead lovers lane

Where did you hear that? And why would they be doing that?

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:32 AM »

And there is a song called 'Dead Lovers Lane': 'Crawl down dead lovers lane/The maze of memories stained/And suck the blood out of my heart.'

Good, the correct lyric from the chorus.  The real lyric is a lot better than the stuff people thought it could have been.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
I highly doubt VD will come out in July, for one there hasn't been any promotion for it and July 10th is only one and a half months away. Just my thought, besides HIM always says a date then changes it to the fall.

They must like the fall.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »
I'm sure it has to do with the tour... if you had a choice and you have to pick from getting more publicity or releasing an album, which would you do?
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2007, 11:05:01 PM »
Releasing in September is a good idea for the label. Not so much for us...lol. Oh well, at least we will have a video in the next couple months.

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2007, 12:47:04 AM »
Two new songs titles, and now they say that it is being released in September aswell. FUCK!  >:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Doom

New Songs
Sleep Walking Past Hope
Cyanide Sun

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »
Don't trust wikipedia...

Anyone could have edited that.

I could make a song on there read as... "fuck my ass with a little bit of doom"

if I wanted.

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2007, 01:01:04 AM »
Oh I didn't know that. Maybe it's wrong then!

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2007, 01:07:13 AM »
Never know though.;)

It could be confirmed.

Offline livewire625

« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2007, 01:17:25 AM »
Nope its set for released in early september...btw New interview if anyone cares to see it...

http://funeralofhearts.com/?p=165

*That should work*

Offline Len777

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2007, 01:52:21 AM »
well the september thing bums me out but, the ten minute long songs sounds good. sounds like it actually will be heavy. i've never heard a ten minute long pop song before and if there is one and someone knows of one please don't correct me. i'm feeling happy at the moment don't ruin it for me lol

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2007, 02:54:05 AM »
Well atleast Sleepwalking is one!

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
Sleep Walking Past Hope
Cyanide Sun

I've heard the titels before, but I not sure where. (I though) a fan posted them who spoke to Ville, but I though they were fake :p
I will try if I can find it.

EDIT2:
Can't find it, but found this:
RockSound 97 June 2007

Click to enlarge
About Cyanide Sun and Sleep Walking Past Hope

EDIT:
Just found this:
MetalHammer: HIM postpone album
Heaviest HIM album delayed

According to H.I.M.'s Finnish record label Helsinki Music Company (HMC), the projected release date of the group's new album, tentatively titled "Venus Doom", has been pushed back to September from the previously announced July 10. The band's sixth studio CD was recorded at the Finnvox facility in Helsinki with producer Tim Palmer and is scheduled to be mixed this month in California, followed by a video shoot.

H.I.M. frontman Ville Valo recently told MTV.com that "Venus Doom" is "going to be a lot heavier than anything we've done before — that's the whole idea. It's like we're mixing MY BLOODY VALENTINE's 'Loveless' with METALLICA's 'Master of Puppets'. ... There won't be as much ear candy on this one. There are a lot of riffs, and it's more guitar-oriented than keyboard-driven. Really, we just wanted to rock our own socks off.

"We wanted to make a really rockin' album — one that would explode your speakers," he added. "But we also wanted to maintain the melancholy aspects of love and loss in the lyrics and then have the really sweet vocals amidst this storm of guitars.

"Lyrically, it's about me losing a relationship and then actually regaining it, and losing my sanity and regaining it," Valo continued. "As you grow up, life gets more and more complex, even though when you're a kid you think things are going to get easier. It's like a f---ing puzzle that just keeps on having more and more pieces to it. It's very personal, this album. It's like me getting rid of my demons and putting the pain in the music. It's cathartic, and it's about cleansing yourself and trying to have the courage to take that one step further."

Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Dead Lovers Lane", "The Kiss of Dawn", "Love in Cold Blood" and "Passion's Killing Floor".

Source: Blabbermouth
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:41:43 AM by Harker »