Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128583 times)

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
Re: Venus Doom Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »
Maybe we should listen to radio bam again, after all thats where we heard FIRST recording ever to KL.

BTW Glad to be back. I was in chicago. :)

Offline Jay

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2007, 03:29:28 PM »
Ah, the drunken Killing Loneliness.  Memories...

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2007, 08:19:25 PM »
im currently making the sound of that live version a little better so if anyone wants it PM me, unless im not allowed? im not sure haha

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2007, 11:41:13 PM »
was the directed towards cory or the other douche, cuz the other douche was being more of a dick than anyone, im just saying, i highly doubt razor is in the song

it was derected to everyone who was being a douche

Offline Jay

« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:22 AM »
im currently making the sound of that live version a little better so if anyone wants it PM me, unless im not allowed? im not sure haha

Post it nigga....

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »
Da album's been pushed back to September, fools.

Offline emock

« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2007, 01:15:51 PM »
aw that sucks. I can't wait that long!
If the sun comes down when your not around, it will surely put me through Hell...

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
Not surprising in the least. That doesn't really bother me, though.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »
They probably could have put the thing out in July if they had skipped that Projekt Revolution tour. I can't see how they could do the proper promotion playing shitty festival shows.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »
Damn. Although, this is what we expected all along. Hopefully they will still play some new songs on this upcoming tour. If not, I'll be really pissed.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Alone I Break

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2007, 02:30:01 AM »
you know what scares me about them pushing back VD to september?

that the producer to the CD has more time to mess around with it and might make it sound like another DL

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2007, 12:06:38 AM »
*screams bloody murder* oh god no!

Offline Inferno

« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »

that the producer to the CD has more time to mess around with it and might make it sound like another DL

I could care less what it sounds like... that's not what I look for in music. It's sad to know that probably most of you only care about how it sounds. It takes more time and thought to write the lyrics than it does to produce the music... hope you guys realize that.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Sucubus666

« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »
of course we're worried about how it sounds, that's the point of making a cd, SOUND. and lyrics are a part of that.
valo's lyrics are always good so no worries, and yes overproduction is a big problem, it won't stop any of us from buying the cd, but it still poses as a problem.
you're an idiot if you don't think production can make or break it, and aren't worried a little about it.

Offline buddings

« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

I could care less what it sounds like... that's not what I look for in music. It's sad to know that probably most of you only care about how it sounds. It takes more time and thought to write the lyrics than it does to produce the music... hope you guys realize that.

??? of course we care how it sounds. its MUSIC, not a f**king poem!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:55:00 AM by buddings »
Dope + danny = explosion

Offline Sammy

« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
That makes me want to fuck a monkey!

Jay! Bend over!

;)

Offline Inferno

« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »
The music is there to reflect on the lyrics... that is all.
[/

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »
You're more retarded than I thought. First, your lyrics for Dead Lover's Lane are way off, now this.

Offline Alone I Break

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »
come on now guys to each their own if inferno is only into lyrics thats his shit

Offline Weemo

• Mobbed Up
  • Um, Where In God's Name is Weemo?
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
You're more retarded than I thought. First, your lyrics for Dead Lover's Lane are way off, now this.
Woah woah, hostility! Haha. Although I disagree with much of his lyrics, I still give him props for getting that much out of the poor sound we have for the song.

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2007, 04:11:53 AM »
A band's album is a collective piece. The lyrics, songwriting, recording method/process, and production are all vital. Claiming the success of an album relies solely on good writing is very trifling. Many albums have been slammed for their production quality and vice versa.

It's the whole package.

On that note, I'm a believer that Dark Light wasn't successful because it boasted a crisp, clean SOUND unlike its predecessors. It can really make or break an album.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2007, 09:07:01 AM »

You have no Idea if my lyrics are right or wrong... I already said that I know that some of it is probably wrong. I just made out what I could, thought of every word that sounded like what he was saying and applied it to what I could hear, if it didn't go along with the lyrics I trashed it but if it did I kept it as a possibility and then compared it to all the other possibilities and whichever I felt sounded more like something Ville would write is the one I chose.

Let me clarify on what I said before. The Lyrics tell a story... the music is what brings picture to the story. Yes, a song will not make it if the music doesn't fit the story. Compare the song Beautiful to the 3rd Seal version... 2 different sounds. the original to me fits the lyrics much better and actually the music itself brings meaning to the lyrics but mostly the way he sings it is what makes it good. The 3rd seal is much harder and to me it makes him unable to sing the way he does in the original. That's just my opinion.

Btw... with Dark Light they made the music first and then the lyrics, that's why most of it sounded bad. It's hard to make music without some story behind it, but it's not impossible... it's just much harder to do than to make sound from the lyrics.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:10:42 AM by Inferno »
[/

Offline Morningrise

« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »
Do you have an article or interview where Ville or another band member states they wrote music before lyrics? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see for myself.

The definition of music is as follows.

"An art of SOUND in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

And while you're allowed your opinion, music would be very vacuous if only determined by lyrical content alone. Music is far more than matching lyrics with music and I think if you approach music with a more critical mindset you'll come to appreciate GOOD music more. I know GOOD music is subjective, but there's only one way to listen to music and that's the whole package.

Just my two cents.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2007, 07:29:30 PM »
Do you have an article or interview where Ville or another band member states they wrote music before lyrics? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see for myself.

The definition of music is as follows.

"An art of SOUND in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color."

And while you're allowed your opinion, music would be very vacuous if only determined by lyrical content alone. Music is far more than matching lyrics with music and I think if you approach music with a more critical mindset you'll come to appreciate GOOD music more. I know GOOD music is subjective, but there's only one way to listen to music and that's the whole package.

Just my two cents.

I don't know exactly where it came from but I do remember reading an interview with the band and they were saying that they were doing their production backwards for Dark Light... sound before lyrics.

I'm just gonna say one thing... Music began with no lyrics, that much is true. But since that time music has expanded so much that it's not just that anymore. Taking the sound from the lyrics or vise versa changes A LOT about how you perceive it. But for me, not sure about anyone else, I enjoy the music I listen to because I am able to relate to it... I can apply my life to the story it is telling in one way or another. You take the lyrics out and you really can't do that... you might be able to take a crazy guess as to what the sound is about, but no one will have that same idea.

Dark Light didn't fail because of sound... it actually failed because of both sound and lyrics... personally I believe it was mostly lyrics, but let me explain. Take the songs that you do love from it and compare them to the lyrics of the songs you don't like... there's a big difference isn't there? You will see that the songs you love have a good story lyrically and the ones you didn't like basically had no story at all... so lyrics alone DO play a large part. Setting the lyrics aside, imagine the songs with no lyrics at all... now out of all those songs which are your favorites? You will notice that they can be different than those with lyrics... Just more proof that lyrics play a bigger roll than you think.
[/

Offline Lujja

• ••ll•ll•[ HIM-Valo ]•ll•ll•• My hell begins from the 10th and descends to the circle six hundred threescore and six
  • Associate
  • The 9th Circle
    • Heartabolikal HIM Fan Club
Venus Doom... In September ¬¬??
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

now Venus Doom is in September... not in July 10

i can't traslate this but...

++++
Uusi HIM albumi julkaistaan syyskuussa

Menestysbändimme HIMin alkuvuosi on ollut työntäyteinen. Yhtyeen kuudes studioalbumi nauhoitettiin keväällä Helsingin Finnvox-studiossa tuottaja Tim Palmerin johdolla. Levy miksataan toukokuussa Kaliforniassa, jonka jälkeen on vuorossa videon kuvaukset. Uusi albumi julkaistaan maailmanlaajuisesti syyskuussa 2007.
+++

>.<
I Can't Wait :(...

Where the lost are safe until they love again...