Author Topic: Venus Doom Thread  (Read 128335 times)

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
Re: Venus Doom Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2007, 09:56:28 PM »
lol I agree.

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2007, 05:35:59 AM »
Spiritual Woman def. got the right idea kudos to you^_^ +1

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »
The thing Svenia Amore posted is a promotional sticker for Venus Doom. It was posted in the official heartagram forums the day the VD name was released on mtv.com. The cover it ain't, but the date is correct, July 10.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »
I think venus doom will stay the name of the cd, but mark my words it won't be out by the 10th. If it is i'll be the happiest idiot alive, but i just don't see it happening.

This is the best time to be a music fan. All this speculation that just get's you all excited. The one thing i enjoyed about dark light was the media coverage. Since it was produced in the states the states got the majority of the coverage.

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »
Well, yeah. But it could mean that. It could also just mean end of love, since Venus is also the goddess of love. Or the whole yin yag thing HIM loves so much, evil and good, love and hate. You know, the useal.

dun dun dun
finally.

It seems to me that Ville is only looking for 2 words to form an oxymoron and make up a title out of them. As always, it's the same old story.  ;D
But this doesn't mean that I don't like this title...

Ville has the greatest sense of humour and his intelligence always shines throiugh. Don't you get it Venus (Goddess of Love) = Love and Doom is a genre of Metal so it is just another way of saying 'Love Metal' just a play on words so maybe he is hinting it is a return to that style of album let's wait and see.........
dont hold your breath on that

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
I think venus doom will stay the name of the cd, but mark my words it won't be out by the 10th. If it is i'll be the happiest idiot alive, but i just don't see it happening.

Why wouldn't it? Ville just mentioned in the new Kerrang that the album is ahead of schedule and will be done in three weeks.

Offline buddings

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »

This is the best time to be a music fan. All this speculation that just get's you all excited. The one thing i enjoyed about dark light was the media coverage. Since it was produced in the states the states got the majority of the coverage.

personaly i miss the days when the "states" and "HIM" had nothing to do with eachother
Dope + danny = explosion

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »

personaly i miss the days when the "states" and "HIM" had nothing to do with eachother

When the Band was in a panic because their Drummer left the band before a Tour?
When they called out Seppo to bail out someone from Prison in their tighties.
When the Band was at each others throats.
When some Skateboarder with A.D.D. thought to himself "I can immitate this guy!".
When some guy said to himself, "Why don't I repeat the Construction of writing for all of my Songs?".
When someone decided that Money didn't really matter that it was all about the Fans?

Offline Wille Wallo

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2007, 11:02:04 PM »

Why wouldn't it? Ville just mentioned in the new Kerrang that the album is ahead of schedule and will be done in three weeks.

Because there is alot more to albums then the music sadly. I hope to god i'm wrong. I really REALLY do, but i just don't think it will be out by then.

As far as my comment about the states....

For the longest time i had to pay 2 to 3 times the price for HIM cd's. I live in the middle of podunk idaho. I had to pay 45 bux for the singles collection, and 30 for greatest love songs. It was a VERY nice to change to have HIM become semi mainstream. In the states anyway it was much easier for me to keep track of them. I have been listening to HIM ever since i first heard join me 4 years ago.

HIM is all about the music for me. I don't care who else listens to them. I don't care if they don't like me. I just love the music they produce and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Offline nirvanist22

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »
if this album isn't fucking fantastic i'm done with waiting for new HIM music. i'm sorry, Dark Light let me down.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
if this album isn't fucking fantastic i'm done with waiting for new HIM music. i'm sorry, Dark Light let me down.

Dead Lovers Lane is a good reason to be excited apparently.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »
Keep in mind dead lovers lane is supposedly the most "dark light" sounding song on venus doom.
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline The_Panch

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2007, 09:57:42 PM »
waiting for that cd so bad

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »
remember when DL was coming out how we all made different covers? well if its not already made, someone should make a thread where this can take place.

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Jay

« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »
remember when DL was coming out how we all made different covers? well if its not already made, someone should make a thread where this can take place.

Here you go.  It's still a fun idea. http://thesacrament.net/forum/index.php?topic=2261.0

spiritual woman

« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »

Well I went to see them in London on Friday night and they did a new number and well lets just say it didn't set the crowd on fire and I can't even remember it as it was so unspectacular and just to add I hope that  by the time they get to the states they are actually putting some effort into their live show. He looked like a tramp and they might as well have hung up a back drop which said 'what bit of fuck off don't you understand' because it seemed to me that they were trying to kill the band although may have been implying that HIM were already dead as they came on to the funeral march!!! It was seriously the worst gig I have ever seen in my life by anyone and I shall not be  gracing Mr. Valo with my magical presence anytime in the forseeable future. They need to learn a bit of professionalism and a lot of their fanbase need to be a bit more critical and have slightly higher expectations of them.

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »
HIM never really had a spectacular live show. Gas and Mige are the only ones who ever seem to be into it......they're a boring band live

Offline Drewbob

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2007, 03:58:34 PM »
HIM never really had a spectacular live show. Gas and Mige are the only ones who ever seem to be into it......they're a boring band live

i'd assume most people go to heard ville's voice, not necessarily the energy the band gives off.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »

Well I went to see them in London on Friday night and they did a new number and well lets just say it didn't set the crowd on fire and I can't even remember it as it was so unspectacular and just to add I hope that  by the time they get to the states they are actually putting some effort into their live show. He looked like a tramp and they might as well have hung up a back drop which said 'what bit of fuck off don't you understand' because it seemed to me that they were trying to kill the band although may have been implying that HIM were already dead as they came on to the funeral march!!! It was seriously the worst gig I have ever seen in my life by anyone and I shall not be  gracing Mr. Valo with my magical presence anytime in the forseeable future. They need to learn a bit of professionalism and a lot of their fanbase need to be a bit more critical and have slightly higher expectations of them.

I've seen video from that show and the band doesn't come across any different than usual. Granted, they aren't as energetic on stage as they were back in the Razorblade era, but it's not like they were all just standing there like a high school band who has no idea what to do. There also seemed to be a pretty decent reaction to the new song, Dead Lovers' Lane...

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
Keep in mind dead lovers lane is supposedly the most "dark light" sounding song on venus doom.

And if I remember correctly, two years ago we were all told Play Dead would have a "punky" vibe to it.

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2007, 05:33:12 PM »
would be good if theres heaviers song the dead lovers but i dont mind
any new material is good just depends how good
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline Inferno

Dead Lovers Lane lyrics
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
This day has been faint
All these wounds we made are real
But she's going enslaved
All old loves around her will
Fill her heart all over again

Cold and dead lovers lane
On razors edge we sing
A song of blood right out of my heart

???
???
???

These words never fail
???
??? start again

Cold and dead lovers lane
On razors edge we sing

Scream out loves name in vain
The razor's due again
And our sorrow's in the dark
Dead lovers lane

Right out of my heart

Discuss...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:03:33 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• Mobbed Up
    • Myspace
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2007, 05:57:37 AM »
oh my i dunno what to say here. I am in between. I just hope the new album sounds good...if not i will be very disappointed.

Offline smedlock

• Picciotto
  • You cant escape the wrath of my heart.....
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2007, 06:34:51 AM »
i love how dead lovers lane sounds....but really watever they do i'm backing them all the way...i jst have really high hopes now after dll
Close my eyes, Hold me tight, And bury me deep inside your heart

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• Mobbed Up
    • Myspace
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2007, 06:54:21 AM »
yes keeping the faith brother lol....