Author Topic: The olden days of HIM  (Read 11759 times)

Offline TheHeartless

Re: The olden days of HIM
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »
I miss it too but here's the thing...I've found out that it's too much work to worry about it.  I spent so much time and so much frustration on hating how it is now and thinking Hot Topic kids didn't deserve the band the way I did and eventually people started pointing out not only that I was being an elitist, but that my negative emotion wasn't getting me anywhere.  So anymore I feel like so what if there are stupid whiny emo kids from Hot Topic who like them?  It's another record sale to the band and eventually those kids will disappear and write HIM off as something they were obsessed with back when pink was the new black and sucking dicks was the new Tennis.  And all that will be left will be real HIM fans.

Offline Carru

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »
Dude I hate the fact everyone on here bitchs about 'hot topic kids'.
Don't get me wrong,they piss me off immencely, but cause I hate them so much,
I try to avoid talking about them, and try to avoid listening to them.
Just think everyone else should do the same really. cause with every album HIM will realease now, more and more are gonna appear. Gladly make them look like fools, and point out how dumb and 'bamtarded' and 'hot topiced' they are.
(Don't think I'm a dick from this post, but having to put up with crappy bitching like this, and want to try put a stop to it).
Anyway half of the people bitching are Noobs anyway, they havent seen HIM yet but him have done plenty of tours in america, weird huh :-\
Genius Is Born, Not Payed

Offline emock

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »
My thought was that everyone sticks the bitching in one thread and keeps it out of the rest of the forum. Everyone can have their rant ,then get on with contributing something more meaningful to the forum.
If the sun comes down when your not around, it will surely put me through Hell...

Offline Carru

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
True
Genius Is Born, Not Payed

Offline cholmesj14

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2008, 12:02:07 AM »
i liked it better when no one know who they were.  and if someone did, you knew they were a true fan.  now you have all of these bam margera wannbes out there only liking HIM because they want to be just like bam.  other support the heartagram and think bam made the fucking thing.  i saw this kid wearing a heartagram sweatshirt and i was like "dude nice sweatshirt HIM fucking rocks?" and he gave me a strange look and said "HIM? what are you talking about? this is a bam margera sweatshirt."

616heartagram

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »
i liked it better when no one know who they were.  and if someone did, you knew they were a true fan.  now you have all of these bam margera wannbes out there only liking HIM because they want to be just like bam.  other support the heartagram and think bam made the fucking thing.  i saw this kid wearing a heartagram sweatshirt and i was like "dude nice sweatshirt HIM fucking rocks?" and he gave me a strange look and said "HIM? what are you talking about? this is a bam margera sweatshirt."
son of a bitch i hate poeple who do that

Offline 0321

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

But then you also have to think that if it wouldn't be for Bam, HIM probably wouldn't have been as successful and done as many tours in the US as they have.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 03:35:59 AM »
i never figured out why you guys come on here and tell us how you heard about HIM and all that jazz...

frankly. if you dont say anything retarded...we wont know your a no0b/oringal fan...nor do we really care.

i dunno...ive heard pretty much the same story 100000 times.

just...join up...and talk normal.

Offline playdead616

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
i miss when daniel lioneye never had dreads and they looked like a hair metal band haha. i miss the gls666 days.

The endless river, forever and ever...

Offline kun

• Picciotto
  • Nobody Loves no one....
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
i miss when daniel lioneye never had dreads and they looked like a hair metal band haha. i miss the gls666 days.

I miss GLS days too but I Like RR era the most ..... anyways, if they could come back in the time I would like HIM in that days..... But I still like HIM now and DSABH,LM days too, I enjoy the band now but I'll always like the old days.... old HIM, good HIM.... best HIM :D
baby take my hand,we'll be able to fly...baby I will always be your ... Christ

Offline playdead616

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
they should have re-recorded  GLS,666 and made that the bonus disc to venus doom.
i think that would've kicked so much ass.

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
  • Make A Change... Kill Yourself
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
they should have re-recorded  GLS,666 and made that the bonus disc to venus doom.
i think that would've kicked so much ass.

Or not...

'Greatest Lovesongs Vol.666' is an absolute masterpiece... Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their recent work a lot, but there's no way they can come up with something that brilliant nowadays. That said, it's also important to notice the style they have been developed recently... It's nothing like the sound in their first album (I'm not making a qualitatively judgment, just pointing out a fact) and I don't think they are interested in doing it (even live, they change the old songs a quite a bit).

For me, a re-recording of their first album would be a sacrilege and not something that would honor their past... especially if it was used in some kind of commercial move like a bonus disc for their latest album...

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 02:49:08 AM »
yea no re-recording albums. they re did your sweet 666+wicked game and that was good enough. HIM's one of those bands that never had cheap or bad quality recording. even the demos sounds waaaaaay good for a demo.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »
Putting out GLS as a remastered version with a bonus disc with unreleased demos and live songs would be a nice anniversary thing down the road.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2008, 01:22:37 PM »
That's far different from re-record the all album...
I think both (hypothetical) editions would serve to make money above all, but at least the "remastered" version (with a careful approach on the changes made on the sound in order to maintain the original "feeling" intact) would not wreck the masterpiece which 'Greateast Lovesongs Vol.666' is.

Offline xAndyDollx

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
i liek how they are constantly chnageing.  i heard that deep shadows was saposta be a lot harder. so it woudl be nice to hear some of those demos.

i heard the rock versions of again and beautiful. and punk rock one of please dont let it go.

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
I heard the Salt in Our Wounds Demo from my friend, and it sounded so much better than the album version.  Salt in Our Wounds is probably one of my top 2 faves from DSaBH, so the demo made me love it even more.

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
  • Are you ready to die for love?
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »
Even though some people might consider Deep Shadows HIM's worst album, I think it's the best phase for HIM in terms of live performances.

Offline PhiLiz

• Picciotto
    • PhiLiz Space
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »
Even though some people might consider Deep Shadows HIM's worst album, I think it's the best phase for HIM in terms of live performances.

It depends... The best shows by HIM (the Rock Am Ring 2001 gig is absolutely amazing...) are in that era, but some of the worst are at that time too (two shows in Portugal at that time are really poor, for example).

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »

It depends... The best shows by HIM (the Rock Am Ring 2001 gig is absolutely amazing...) are in that era, but some of the worst are at that time too (two shows in Portugal at that time are really poor, for example).

I see, but that I cannot say... All that I have seen are good.  ;)

Offline UseYourAppetite

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
I love all eras of the band although I think that their peak was around 1998-2002. I'd like to see a re-recorded GLS666 somewhere down the road, not sure when though.

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »
I think it would sound very different, therefore, not as good as the original release.

Offline playdead616

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 12:17:53 AM »
well when they play wicked game and your sweet 666, they're just not quite as heavy as they used to be. dont get me wrong theyre still brilliant, but due to the evolution of their sound over the years, i think i new redone version would be cool to hear. seeing as to how they made Venus Doom a heavy album.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 12:18:49 AM by playdead616 »

Offline YoursweetSixsixsix

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »
Yeah!!
It's weird.
In 1998 when i bought my first album of him and started to listen to the group, i think i was the only person who knew the band. And nowadays everybody knows it. Thats good!! But as you said they don't listen to the lyrics the just i don't know how to explain.
I don't like such people

Live long and prosper, earthlings

Offline Monique+Ville

• Picciotto
    • HIM Brasil
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
well when they play wicked game and your sweet 666, they're just not quite as heavy as they used to be. dont get me wrong theyre still brilliant, but due to the evolution of their sound over the years, i think i new redone version would be cool to hear. seeing as to how they made Venus Doom a heavy album.

I think it'd be something nice to hear anyway.