Author Topic: The olden days of HIM  (Read 11781 times)

Offline monkeyboy32

Re: The olden days of HIM
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 04:55:13 AM »
did you see new album titles?

bleed well

passions killing floor

doubt that its gunna happen anytime soon

although i liked dark light...
but its just not the same.

Yes, I did. I just like to believe in my faveoite band. I really dosen't matter what the songs are called. The first time a friend of mine talked about HIM I thought it was one of the dumset bands names ever, but here I am. Don't jugde a book by it's cover. And please don't think I'm attacking you. 

it is true we shouldn't judge a book by its cover and who cares what a song title is if its a good song.  I have faith in the band that they will put out a stellar cd regardless of titles

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »
You two are new but very very much in with the old skool HIM fans on the forum with those words. You guys know what its all about Violet and Monkeyboy32 :)

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 06:00:49 PM »
Thank you. When I become a fan of a band I'm a fan for life.

Offline RAZORBLADEKISSES

• ThIs WoRld Is GoNnA Br3aK YoUr HeArT!!!!
  • Mobbed Up
  • *YoUr PrEttY fAcE iS g0iNg To hEll*
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
Hell ya I am the same way now granted some bands I like certain eras better but def. I am a fan for life especially HIM I love it all they can do no wrong +1 for you  ;D

Offline livewire625

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »
i do agree that there are way to many fake him fans these days but to be honest if hot topic didnt seel the stuff iw ouldnt be able to get it...then id be sad but then on the other hand now ever tom dick and emo are out there wearing HIM stuff and not having a single clue to whats going on...that makes me sad too :'(

I was at Hot topic next to this kid who was buying a ton of HIM stuff, and had a HIM hoody and everything. One Last Time comes on the radio and im like "Yessss! HIMM" and the kid gives me this look like "what the hell are u talkin about". I wanted to slap him, stupid poser.  >:(

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »
did you see new album titles?

bleed well

passions killing floor

doubt that its gunna happen anytime soon

although i liked dark light...
but its just not the same.

Yes, I did. I just like to believe in my faveoite band. I really dosen't matter what the songs are called. The first time a friend of mine talked about HIM I thought it was one of the dumset bands names ever, but here I am. Don't jugde a book by it's cover. And please don't think I'm attacking you. 

nah im trying not to judge...but thats the way i am with just about everything...my first impressions of everything is always to not like it...im the same with people...unless they give me a reason to remember them or whatever...i dont really care lol...

it happens though...

<3 to your face.

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »
Cool. I'm always nice unless someone hurts me or someone I love.

A good friend of mine let this girl borrow her HIM shirt becuase her shirt was wet, and when she asked for ir back the girl said she'd lost it. I later saw her wearing it, and when I told my friend she yelled:"SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE HIM!" I guess she just wanted it for a "image" Poser bicth.....

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 11:06:54 PM »
it happens...

Offline Alex

• HIM MANIA
  • Associate
  • In The Arms Of Rain
    • HIM MANIA
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
the first 2 albums are better then the last 3...sooooo ::)

Gemma

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
i do agree that there are way to many fake him fans these days but to be honest if hot topic didnt seel the stuff iw ouldnt be able to get it...then id be sad but then on the other hand now ever tom dick and emo are out there wearing HIM stuff and not having a single clue to whats going on...that makes me sad too :'(

I was at Hot topic next to this kid who was buying a ton of HIM stuff, and had a HIM hoody and everything. One Last Time comes on the radio and im like "Yessss! HIMM" and the kid gives me this look like "what the hell are u talkin about". I wanted to slap him, stupid poser.  >:(
did you ever consider that the kid might not have been buying them for himself? you know theres no law that states you have to know what you're talking about to buy clothing, Do I have to be a hardened fan of the clash to wear a clash shirt? nope. its a shirt with an emblem on, I find the ethic that you must know everything about a band from day dot to purchase merchandise slightly pretentious.

Offline Crimmins

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 02:47:37 AM »
yeah thats true, the shows from RR era were a little more fun to watch

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
what about really old where he used to sing and have a bottle of wine with him onstage
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 05:24:19 PM »
Yeah. Or the DSaBH jacket. Oh man I miss it.

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 06:29:42 AM »
and also back in 2000 ish his performance style is so different like
blowings kisses to the camera and running around and makes faces and
the examples of him falling over and breaking mic stand and stuff

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »
and also back in 2000 ish his performance style is so different like
blowings kisses to the camera and running around and makes faces and
the examples of him falling over and breaking mic stand and stuff

also cuz they were younger back then, i guess they kinda grew out of it.

which is understandable

Offline dan666

• Associate
  • Join Me In Death
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »
yeh defiantly alot of presence and performance but i guess they still got that jsut in a different way now

Offline shanemaloney

• Picciotto
  • Your pretty face is going to hell
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »
But he really enjoys shows lately,he laughs a whole lot on stage!!!

But to be honest he did act a bit suisidal at one of my HIM show's i went to see  :(

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »
Which one was that? If you don't mind my asking.  :)

Offline Fearxforthebest

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »
you can even compare from HIMs first US tour they had a bit more energy in 04...now blah but like someone said, they grew up...

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
I would have loved to have seen them back in 2000 - 2001

Offline michelle84

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
Hey everyone i'm new here......I've been a fan since 98/99. I first heard HIM when i saw them live while on holiday in germany, made friends with the locals and they kindly took me along to a HIM gig.....I was so blown away that before i got back home to england i brought all the cd's available and been a fan ever since......

God i miss those day's of really dhitty small venues, Ville giving it hell on the stage. And it's probably me being selfish but i miss the days when no one really knew who they were. I mean i'm glad that they are successful but i wish it didn't come with all the baggage.

Can't wait for the new album, from what other people are telling me, it sounds like old HIM. I purposely haven't listened to any of the songs/samples. As i want to feel that excitement and supprise i felt when i listened to RR......

Offline nevaskinha

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »
I would have loved to have seen them back in 2000 - 2001

yeah, i'd kill to go to concerts like the Berlin one back in 2000

Offline lovemetal626

• Picciotto
  • Go Through the Gate!
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 03:42:28 AM »
i wish i went to go see them back in the RR days or the  LM days.

but sadly i never did, but its ok now i can go to the Venus Doom concerts , if and when that happens

i bought tickets to a concert during the  DL days, but they cancelled it, i was so pissed.

Offline Carru

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »
I started listening back in mid 2001, but was too young to go to the shows, as i was only 11. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I eventually did get to go to my first shows which was in the astoria, and I am very glad to see that they are getting their groove back and getting some small shows in, even after there recent success.
They have done some kick ass shows, even after all the 'noobs' have come in, I have been to over 15 shows, in 2 continents, and think that even after all of their success and all the problems between fan bases, HIM STILL KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
(hope you all agree)
Genius Is Born, Not Payed

Offline emock

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 09:00:50 AM »
I'm an uber noob here as I only discovered them around when ALSN came out but to be honest at that point my crap knowledge of music combined with their relatively unknown status meant that I'd never even heard of them until my kindly CD shop owner gave me a listen. After that I slowly increased in how much I liked them. Any way even in the last 3 years or so I've noticed a serious difference. It used to just be a random guy or 2 wearing a hoodie but now it's all the skaters and emos too. The fan base got a lot younger with DL and although it's nice that people have actually heard of the band now, most consider it to be some random emo shit because of the annoying kids h=who listen to them. Add that to Warner's rather OTT number of schemes to sell as much HIM crap as possible and a load of UGLY merch which the band has had fuck all to do with designing or at least looking at the ideas stage of and it's easy to see why some things have gone downhill.

woah long rant.

Anyway in Venus Doom we trust. The music will hopefully shine through all this crap
If the sun comes down when your not around, it will surely put me through Hell...