Author Topic: Upcoming releases  (Read 6449 times)

ozzymandiasdargunu

Upcoming releases
« on: December 30, 2006, 12:03:33 AM »
As we all should know already, there will be a sixth studio album coming out in 2007. It's supposed to have a psychedelic feel to it. Ville considers Black Sabbath to have invented stoner rock, so expect them to have even more of an influence on the sound of it this time around. As of right now, though, anything's possible, and we all know not to take what anyone says, no matter who, as fact until we've heard the music for ourselves. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they at least recorded a cover of their self-titled. We'll have to wait and see. Besides that, the new year will also bring us Uneasy Listening Vol. 2. This time, we'll be getting different versions of "harder" songs. I'm hoping for Rescue to be put on it since Sony BMG are the ones releasing it and they have the rights to the song.

Sucubus666

Re: Upcoming releases
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:03:49 AM »
I concure.

Offline Mat1az

• Picciotto
  • I unlit the light to embrace the dark
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »
Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they at least recorded a cover of their self-titled.

What?

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »
he means the Black Sabbath cover

Offline smedlock

• Picciotto
  • You cant escape the wrath of my heart.....
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:04:48 AM »
Hopefull what ville is saying there about being heavier than ever b4 will be true...id fucking love that, as i'm sure most of us, their older fans, would too.
Close my eyes, Hold me tight, And bury me deep inside your heart

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 05:08:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure he said the same thing about Dark Light. He even says the songs on Dark Light are some of the heaviest songs the band has ever written in an interview from the official tour program. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. Whatever sound they go for I'm sure the album will be great. The whole heaviest pop album thing does sound pretty awesome though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 05:16:30 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Mat1az

• Picciotto
  • I unlit the light to embrace the dark
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »
Sound like our old boy Ville is coming out from that clauset he's been hiding in for a while now! And we love it :D

Can't wait to hear Linde's fat pic slides :P

Sucubus666

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure he said the same thing about Dark Light. He even says the songs on Dark Light are some of the heaviest songs the band has ever written in an interview from the official tour program. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Demos are heavier. So he didn't lie.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure he said the same thing about Dark Light. He even says the songs on Dark Light are some of the heaviest songs the band has ever written in an interview from the official tour program. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Demos are heavier. So he didn't lie.

I'm gonna assume what you meant was demos are heavier in general. I never said he lied, he just might have a different opinion on what "heavy" is. The recording process is a long way off and the band will probably have new ideas for the sound by then.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:05:46 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Sucubus666

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 10:30:30 PM »
demos as in the dark light demos, they're heavy, so he didn't lie about dark light being heavy, they just didn't choose to go that route whilst in studio.

Offline The Bloody Glove

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 01:04:54 AM »
Does anyone have any dark light demos?

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 01:11:37 AM »
none of the Dark Light demos leaked so I don't know how Sucubus666 can make that claim... unless Ville said they were heavier in an interview. If thats true though the same can apply to the next album. The band themselves won't know how the album is going to shape up sound wise until there actually in the studio.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 01:21:58 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline tayzip

• Mobbed Up
  • just tell em large marge sent ya
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 01:20:55 AM »
wasnt there a rumor of ville dumping out a solo album?? what ever happened to that plan??

sorry if thats a little off topic

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 01:28:28 AM »
Ville said in an interview that he has ideas for a few songs that aren't really suitable for HIM, but at the moment he has no plans for making a solo album.

Offline Jacob La Fey

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 04:39:01 AM »
the album must be good, no heavy or soft ..., some of my friends like the Path, Gone With The Sin, Close to The Flame, me to, but i like heavier songs to, so it's should be balanced, it's HIM not heavy or death metal band ...

Sucubus666

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »
lol why does everyone always shut down me having "unreleased" shit, it is possible, and i had all the 95 and before demos too, but w/e you guys is jerks whenever i bring it up, so no demos pour vous!

Sucubus666

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »
hahaha nice try i don't share, i made a promise  ;D
sorry
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:26:00 PM by Sucubus666 »

Sucubus666

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 03:11:16 PM »
I'd like to hear another version of Wicked Game lol
and possibly GWTS

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
Haven't read this shizzle before:

In the November issue of the free Finnish music mag Sue, there is a one-page interview with the frontman, including some talk about the next album:

HIM will soon start rehearsing new material that will eventually evolve into the follow-up to Dark Light.
At what stage is the making of the next HIM-album?
- I have the ideas ready for 10 songs. 90 % of the lyrics are still unwritten, and the band hasn’t yet contributed to the songs. The next thing to do is to take out the ideas from the hard drive that’s in my head.
What will the new album be like in comparison to Dark Light?
- Dark Light is our most produced and finest album sonically. We’ve had it with that now. The coming album could be like Led Zeppelin III, which has vast extremes. The first song could be heavier than HIM has ever been. From there one could move directly to extremely peaceful feelings, like in Black Sabbath’s Fluff. Even inside the songs we could move from really heavy to very calm stuff. The record should move between Misfits and Kari Tapio, be conscious of traditions and twisted at the same time. That doesn’t sound very commercial, but boo hoo.
Who would be the most adept producer for the record?
-I have this secret wish that Tim Palmer and Hiili Hiilesmaa would produce it together. Tim is really good and Hiili is fantastic at recording guitars.
Can you say when the album will be released?
- In autumn 2007.

Ville appeared in Arto Nyberg talk show last sunday (Nov 5th 2006). He said that he had just come up with concept/idea for the next album. He wants it to be the heaviest pop album ever.

I think he also mentioned that the next album might be a bit similar to their first album

Obviously they're both a bit old, but there's at least two times Ville has said the album's going to be heavy.

Do you have a date for this interview? If it's fairly recent, then I don't know how Ville plans to write all the songs by Autumn! If it's gonna be released in Autumn then surely it should be more evolved by now.
Writing/rehearsing/recording/releasing an album can take a long time, if this interview is recent then we can expect the album to be a little bit later than Autumn (in my opinion)

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
valo always say  the ·new album is a mix a black sabbath  with ...

so i dontthimk the new album has black sabbath inspiration

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:14 PM »
sorry

Anybody could say that you dumb fuck. You don't have any demos, and you know if. That's almost as bad as that kid years ago who said he had every HIM CD ever made, but he couldn't take pictures because it was in a locked glass case. Nice try.

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 02:37:47 AM »
Do you guys remember that one dude on the BMMB that we told to get that HiM "Egg" CD from Amazon 'cause it was really rare, and he actually did? He used to draw tattoos and shit on himself. I miss the BMMB. That place was the shit. Now it's just shit.

i remember that guy he was also told to buy the blue RR because it was ULTRA rare i think his name was element something it was the shitznit LOL

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »
Oh, yah - wasn't it all at his friend's house or something?  Ha ha!

Yeah, what a loser haha. He said he collected with his friend mutally haha
Do you guys remember that one dude on the BMMB that we told to get that HiM "Egg" CD from Amazon 'cause it was really rare, and he actually did? He used to draw tattoos and shit on himself. I miss the BMMB. That place was the shit. Now it's just shit.

i remember that guy he was also told to buy the blue RR because it was ULTRA rare i think his name was element something it was the shitznit LOL

And wasn't that ULTRA rare Greece edition or something haha

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »
The italian blue one... :-P

Sucubus666

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 09:56:05 PM »
sorry

Anybody could say that you dumb fuck. You don't have any demos, and you know if. That's almost as bad as that kid years ago who said he had every HIM CD ever made, but he couldn't take pictures because it was in a locked glass case. Nice try.

hmmmmmm
cory, when i gain access to the media thread once more, should we allow just one into the light of day? or keep these inconsiderate jackasses second-guessing us?