Author Topic: No Sleep Till Halloween Tour 2006  (Read 15894 times)

Offline muschy

Re: No Sleep Till Halloween Tour 2006
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »
ha do you guys think that they will do anything different to the setlist (other than add dark light)... or go with the usual one
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline Len777

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »
probably not although dark light live would be a treat.

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2006, 01:46:49 PM »
I'm workin on goin to that fairfax show that was just added.  It's actually only about 4 hrs from my house.  It's on veterens day but i'm not off, but it is a frday night so it's very possible. 
Run Away From The Sun

Offline oxh1mxo

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2006, 03:38:26 AM »
they might like  them and thats fine. i don't think they care who plays before them. i was just stating my opinion thats all. they should le the fans pick who plays with them on the next tour after all we are the ones buying the tickets lol.

maybe they do maybe they don't, i remember seeing HIM at the Avalon in hollywood, and they had like alittle side balcony on the stage for the band, and they came out during Captured by Robots, who were supporting them in Febuary 2005, the dates that they had to rescedule due to Ville Being sick

Offline Dope_Danny

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »
I'm workin on goin to that fairfax show that was just added.  It's actually only about 4 hrs from my house.  It's on veterens day but i'm not off, but it is a frday night so it's very possible. 

I wouldn't work too hard, i'm 99.9% its going to be officially cancelled in the next few days, along with most of the other after halloween dates

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 06:10:36 PM »
Some HIM shows have been cancelled.
Kansas City was one of them.  :-\
I am having a feeling they will put it back up.

Offline muschy

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »
I just emailed The Rave asking if HIM was still playing, and the answer is that the record company canceled the last 10 dates of the tour, because they want HIM to focus and write a new album..... its a bittersweet thing, i wanted to see them, but im glad they will be getting into the studio

personally i think its a couple months too early to focus on new material, and the record company is pushing them, which is not a good thing at all
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline sylvie

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »
they gave you an answer, which is more than most would do; but, you know i'm going to say, it's preposterous that the label is saying that is the reason those dates are cancelled.

Offline DarkLighter

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2006, 12:32:43 AM »
You mean a record company could have the audacity to tell thioer artists what to do? I can't see them doing that unless the rpomised them an album in a certain timeframe.  Weird! I'm seeing them twice in New York and once in Chicago. I'm not crazy about seeing any of the opening bands. I tried and Kill Hannah does nothing for me except give me new makeup ideas to shop at Sephora. Why not tour with the Rasmus and the 69 Eyes or other Finnish bands and give us something different? Oh well maybe in 10 years they'll all  get together and do some anniversary tour if they are all still alive. Actually I've talked to a lot of people who siad they'd love to see HIM but don't want to see the others. Isn't it time HIM just had one opening band?

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2006, 06:38:20 AM »
HIM normally have only 1 opening band.

Putting these 3 bands together is really strange. Most people only like one out of three, surely it would be more logical for each band to tour individually.

spiritual woman

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »
Thought I might help to clarify thinigs a bit for some of you.  Most of you are forgetting that it is the music 'BUSINESS' and yes if they have signed a major deal the company have loaned them a large sum of money which they want back with interest.  Yes they will have agreed to release a set amount of albums/singles in a given time frame and the reason that they are touring with these others bands is precisely because their fans will not be HIM fans so it is a marketing angle to try and increase their fan base.  Sire records are not doing this for love and perhaps neither are the band.  I was unimpressed with the reshooting of what I thought was a perfectly good video for 'killing loneliness' and am amazed that the band agreed seeing as they have to pay for it.  It is looking to me like their artistic i ntegrity is flying out of the window as money comes in the door. :(

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »
HIM is a hard band to find opening acts for, anyway.  There aren't a lot of bands that sound like HIM or appeal to the same fans. Rock bands with darker elements are what they find, and that includes Lost Prophets and Papa Roach. Papa Roach is a big name, too... even if their prime was 6 years ago.

These bands are a lot closer to HIM than Skindred and Finch were.
myspace.com/shanenyman

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2006, 04:11:44 PM »
21st  - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ has been cancelled
no reason given 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 04:17:01 PM by vtioldlde »

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:13 PM »
21st  - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ has been cancelled
no reason given 

im guessing ville found out you were sniffing his underwear last time you did his laundry?

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2006, 09:37:49 PM »
all of the dates past halloween have been cancelled!!!! sucks for you but good for me....that means, PARTY WITH HIM ON HALLOWEEEEEEENIE! WOOOOOOOOO!  ;D

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »
I don't buy that explanation. There has to be something else going on. Nobody cancels a their biggest tour yet to record new material. Especially not a few weeks before it kicks off. Something else has to be up.
myspace.com/shanenyman

Offline 41 plus 66 point 6

• 41+66.6= Our Loss
  • Cafone
  • fear for the best, hope for the worst
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »
Ville's voice  has been "suffering" over the last few months/ gigs, so I'm thinking maybe they had to cancel for a much needed break... Might be starting to ctach up with him, all of the non-stop touring.. as well as non-stop smoking/drinking...

Dunno, just my opinion though.. From a recent interview (video)  I do know that he has been working on new material and mentioned a release for October '07. So, maybe it's partly true...

Hope they are all ok nontheless!

Cheers!

Josh
Death Is In Love With Us

Offline Spooky Kabuki

• aka Dr. Deletus
  • Picciotto
    • Myspace page
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2006, 11:47:50 PM »
I somehow had a feeling this would happen, which is why I hadn't bought a ticket yet.  It sucks, but oh well. :(

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2006, 12:37:36 AM »
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!! i am in absolute shock. this does not make a very happy betsy... :'(

Offline samheartagram

« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »
that sucks for the people that were going to go but its cool that they are going to start working on the new stuff :) and yes another band that dropped their fall tour to work on their new album is avenged sevenfold so i personally dont believe that there are deep problems within the band, or they  are just taking a break they have been touring since last year so that would make sense too.

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2006, 01:13:05 AM »
well hopefully this "new album" will be more promising than DL...i want to hear something harder, more RR... :-\

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2006, 01:40:04 AM »
well hopefully this "new album" will be more promising than DL...i want to hear something harder, more RR... :-\
This to me was the worst albums they could put out.
Maybe because I am too used to heavy sounds.
But I dont see them going back to their "roots".
They want money, what else is there to say.

I just got a phone call myself hearing these News about the Shows. I am surprised that they hacked all of the tour and not part of it.

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2006, 02:25:49 AM »
I am one that is missing out too on this gig.

But, I can understand them wanting/needing a break.

They could use it.

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
I don't buy that explanation. There has to be something else going on. Nobody cancels a their biggest tour yet to record new material. Especially not a few weeks before it kicks off. Something else has to be up.

do you think maybe its because they didnt sell out enough venues? theyre playing these huge venues, ya know...it makes you wonder.  ???

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2006, 11:02:15 AM »
Are all the dates scheduled cancelled or are just the ones mentioned?
Run Away From The Sun