Author Topic: No Sleep Till Halloween Tour 2006  (Read 15921 times)

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
Re: No Sleep Till Halloween Tour 2006
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2006, 11:04:54 AM »
I am one that is missing out too on this gig.

But, I can understand them wanting/needing a break.

They could use it.

they won't be taking a break, they will be in the studio.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »
Strange they cancel a tour, they knew there was a tour planned. Why not postpone the CD? Strange that they already cancel an october tour for a new album in october next year.
I know touring is hard, but it is not even a two week tour and after that the US november tour starts.

I don't know a thing about it, but is it possible that the recordcompany is saying that the demo must be finished before the end of october?
At least the explanation is strange

To start a stupid rumour, maybe a Halloween wedding :P

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2006, 02:11:07 PM »
is the dates in november gonna be cancelled
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Jay

« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
Expect all of the tour to be scrapped.  I have an e-mail saying that all the November dates have been scrapped as well, but I'm not home right now.

The true reason they cancelled: They realized there were no Texas dates, and they needed to find time to fit them in.  :) 

Anyway, not to start any conspiracy theories or anything...but haven't you noticed that when HIM is poised to break through in the US, something like this always happens.

Take the 2004 tour, when Ville was piss drunk in NY and performed the shittiest gig ever.  http://media.thesacrament.net/pic.shtml?image=nyrev.jpg (For you visual learners)  That gig was said to be one of the most important for them at the time.

Something happened like that again in 2005, but that wasn't his fault, as he was drugged...or so the story goes.

There's a few other incidents that I can't rember off hand, but now that they were set with their biggest US tour yet, something happens.  The reasons are unknown right now, but maybe it could be that Papa Roach (who have a new CD out or soon to be out) disagreed with being an opener to a realitvely unknown band. 

Though Ville has always said he refuses to be an opener for anyone, unless they're doing festivals.  He'd rather play for 30 people there to see them, than 3000 who are there for the next band.

In the end, I think it's more of a business issue, than a health issue.  Unless Shane's girlfriend is FINALLY pregnant with Ville's unborn child.  Hmm....

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »
Maybe they have a US-phobia?
Or maybe they get pretty fucking tired of doing the same shit at a different place?

And I know they may end up recording a new album... but maybe they should do some serious thinking and disscussing of it before they hit the record button.

Or else, this album may turn pure shit. As we all know, Dark Light was good lyrically. But I just feel the record company/producer is not too good.
After all... U2... come on now...
They need to be back on GUN/Supersonic. I think so personally.

Offline shaneofthesac

« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2006, 06:24:35 PM »
I think they cancelled the tour because Terrell Owens attempted suicide.

But now he says he didn't, so maybe it's back on.
myspace.com/shanenyman

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2006, 08:13:43 PM »
This is bullshit!

I bought $400 plane tickets to go to the Halloween show. Got the tickets for the concert and now this.

Everyone needs to stop being stubborn asses and sticking up for HIM saying they need a break. They are my favorite band, but to lie and say they are recording material for a CD that's due out FALL OF 2007! That's bullshit, my only guess could be they want an early realease to come out. I thought in an interveiw, I don't really remember but I think ville said the record label wanted they to work on new material, for an album out later this year, and play older songs live.

Could they possibly be releasing a album or compliation towards then end of the year or start of Q1? I don't really know, I just can't believe this. I want to know the real reason why...

It could also be that maybe HIM split or something? I don't know it's just a guess. But I know for a god damn fact they didn't do this to take a break, they've had a break for awhile only doing shows here and there. I just want an explination...

EDIT:

Hey check this out...maybe some hope for the Halloween show?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/872970

It shows all other dates scheduled for the tour besides the Denver and Halloween show cancelled? Could it be possible they still do the Halloween show because it was the most anticipated, and probably biggest purchased show?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:19:17 PM by DarkLight 616 »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2006, 08:20:48 PM »
This is bullshit!

I bought $400 plane tickets to go to the Halloween show. Got the tickets for the concert and now this.

Everyone needs to stop being stubborn asses and sticking up for HIM saying they need a break. They are my favorite band, but to lie and say they are recording material for a CD that's due out FALL OF 2007! That's bullshit, my only guess could be they want an early realease to come out. I thought in an interveiw, I don't really remember but I think ville said the record label wanted they to work on new material, for an album out later this year, and play older songs live.

Could they possibly be releasing a album or compliation towards then end of the year or start of Q1? I don't really know, I just can't believe this. I want to know the real reason why...

It could also be that maybe HIM split or something? I don't know it's just a guess. But I know for a god damn fact they didn't do this to take a break, they've had a break for awhile only doing shows here and there. I just want an explination...

EDIT:

Hey check this out...maybe some hope for the Halloween show?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/872970

It shows all other dates scheduled for the tour besides the Denver and Halloween show cancelled? Could it be possible they still do the Halloween show because it was the most anticipated, and probably biggest purchased show?

I understand where you are coming from, Iam not really sticking up for them though, but they barely even have enough time to breath.
Promotions probably are a bitch to cover.
But that sucks about the 400 dollar plane ticket man, can't you refund those?

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »
I don't know not usually but I guess we can try. But just seeing that the 31st show wasn't cancelled gave me a little hope, but I guess only time will tell.

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2006, 09:30:02 PM »
it will be canceled...ticketmaster told me to call back tomorrow for my refund.  >:(

edit:

HELLO PEOPLE....THE TOUR WAS PULLED BECAUSE OF POOR TICKET SALES!!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:37:53 PM by KillerB »

Offline sylvie

« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2006, 12:48:36 AM »
rehab, or pregnancy? for starters, doesn't anybody find it "suspect" the way jonna pals around with, and says she lived with, andy mccoy and angela? mccoy and angela are synonymous with heroin in scandinavia. not to mention, the neighbor seemed to bark up the same tree. birds of a feather do flock together, sometimes. secondly, if there's a pregnancy, "orchestrated or not," do you think she'd be safe to leave behind, considering one of the complaints that drove her to "rehab" last time, was ville on a tour. sure.

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2006, 01:02:13 AM »
huh?

when did ville and jonna get back together?  ???

spiritual woman

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2006, 03:57:53 AM »
huh?

when did ville and jonna get back together?  ???

After the last tour I presume.  When Bam did his radio show from Helsinki with CKY around 7th August Ville came on and Bam asked him if he would be going out with them that evening he replied and I paraphrase ' I don't know what I am doing yet as it is my 3rd anniversry with my girl and we will be going out somewhere'

Later on in the show she came on the mike to say 'Hi'  ::)

Offline Jay

« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »
Expect the Halloween date to be scrapped as well, they wouldn't come to the US for just one or two shows.

We have to remember that there are other bands involved as well...maybe (again, just speculation) one of the other bands wasn't happy about the amount of tickets sold, or the cut they were going to get each night.

Being that HIM isn't one to charge their fans $60-100 for a ticket, the bands probably weren't making much at the gate, or at least not as much as they had hoped.  Shit, for about $100, you can get about 3 HIM tickets.

Though, most bands make more from merch anyway.  We all know how hot HIM gear is.  More than likely though, it's a label decision.  It's what it all comes down to anyway...the people that sign your checks, like it or not.

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2006, 08:51:41 AM »
My friend sent Tom Furey (HIM's Tour Manager) an email seeing what truly is up. Hopefully Tom will check his email and let us know if it was just the poor ticket sales, if HIM really decided they wanted to go back into the studio, or HIM decided not to tour with three freaking openers (haha). I'll keep you guys up to date on if we find anything out unless someone else beats us to an official word from someone close to the band.

I am bummed out about this whole ordeal, but I mean if the studio story is the truth, its a good sign for the next album. I mean with DSBH they kind of went into the studio with ideas, but didn't go in all gunho, and that’s probably why the album was recorded several times and only produced at like what the third attempt, if memory serves. And then with Dark Light, I knew they had new songs written and stuff since like fall 2004, but they really didn't hit the studio that hard until 4 or 5 months before the album came out

Offline Jay

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2006, 12:19:49 PM »
I thought about e-mailing Tom, but it may be one of those hush-hush things that won't be our business.  But yes, we all want an official word, but I think we already got it in the form of the heartagram announcement. 

Though they may follow up with some "Rest assured no one is in rehab, pregnant, maimed, etc." posts.

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2006, 05:53:07 PM »
Well my friend is actual friends with Tom, as in Tom know his family and such so its not as intrusive if I or any fan for that matter asked him being all like "Hey I'm that one crazy HIM fan from that show in New York, remember me? My name is joe. Yeh I thought you would! Anyhow why are the guys all like 'Eff this, lets go record an album'? I thought they were my bros yo! but get back to me. I think you have my number, I wrote it on the back of a recipt from taco bell. Catch you later man!"

Offline Talullah

« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:40 AM »

In the end, I think it's more of a business issue, than a health issue.  Unless Shane's girlfriend is FINALLY pregnant with Ville's unborn child.  Hmm....

I think they cancelled the tour because Terrell Owens attempted suicide.

But now he says he didn't, so maybe it's back on.

I think Jay and Shane should take their comedy act on the road for the next tour  ;D 

You two would surely increase ticket sales!!   :-*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:43:00 AM by Villes Butterfly »

Offline Jay

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2006, 09:40:48 PM »
Well my friend is actual friends with Tom, as in Tom know his family and such so its not as intrusive if I or any fan for that matter asked him being all like "Hey I'm that one crazy HIM fan from that show in New York, remember me? My name is joe. Yeh I thought you would! Anyhow why are the guys all like 'Eff this, lets go record an album'? I thought they were my bros yo! but get back to me. I think you have my number, I wrote it on the back of a recipt from taco bell. Catch you later man!"

Oh I know, I didn't mean that as a personal shot towards you or anything.  I was making more of a general statement that maybe something personal happened to somebody in the band.

Edit: And Shane's girlfriend has been trying VERY hard to become pregnant with Ville's sperm.  I even fooled her just the other day by wearing eye liner and a Deep Shadows jacket I bought from eBay the day before.  (I hope Shane doesn't read this)

Shane, if the baby's Mexican...sorry.  Nothing wrong with Jose VILLEreal [insert your last name]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:44:49 PM by Jay »

Offline LoveMetal

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2006, 09:45:31 PM »
Ah, gotcha, sorry....

HIMFan68

« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2006, 11:12:40 PM »
I can't believe they cancelled this tour! First a shitty work week & now this! WTF??? >:( .I was soo looking forward to this as it was the first time I was able to see the band perform.  Talk about shit luck!

Offline Danny

« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:55 AM »
If you read the blog thingy on the myspace pages to kill hannah and lostprophets it seems like they also is pretty shocked about him cancelling the tour, but wounder what the real reason was ??? it seems so fucking strange to cancel a tour for a album that is going to be realesed around this time the next year.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:40:39 AM by Danny »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2006, 07:04:06 AM »
Maybe they have a huge suprise for us.
:P

Offline MadonnaGacy

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2006, 01:52:24 AM »
im starting to think the whole thing about poor ticket sales are true beacause i was thinking of going to the halloween show (since its the only date for so.cal) but i didnt feel like sitting through shitty bands like papa roach and the other stupid fucks that were there, i went to see HIM and dammit thats what im gonna see lol...sitting through one band usually is far too long to wait for HIM to come on, unless theyre a good band like they had on the last tour, i liked them. but the ppl in the crowd were complete rude assholes (HOB in LA) bitches runied my night! :-[

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2006, 03:26:55 AM »
Shane, if the baby's Mexican...sorry.  Nothing wrong with Jose VILLEreal [insert your last name]
Well good thing Shane doesnt live in the LA County than.
Because the Mayor Villaraigosa (whatever you spell his freaking fake latino ass name) sounds awfully familiar.
Hmmm.
Political anyone?
Si!

he ppl in the crowd were complete rude assholes (HOB in LA) bitches runied my night! :-[
I didnt go to the H.O.B. Gig, but I did hear that security was horrible for that Night. I personally think some locations should focus more on their maintance and security operations because kids are getting tossed left and right when a slow song is playing and idiots are throwing kids side to side because emo retards think its fashion to do that.

Oh HIM Punk'd all of you guys!
They got you good! Hahaha Idiots!
I will be the only one sitting in front of the Gig the day before the Gig that way I will scream "Ville spit in my mouth please!".
And you guys cant do shit about it!

*cue to bring the Trumpet guy.

Wah
Wah
Wah-hhhh

There are better things to do than see two bad bands play before another bad band.
:P
Nothing like egging your ex's house, only to discover she moved because you stalked her too much.

(Rambling enough? I think not!).

But seriously now.