Author Topic: Lowlands Festival  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Jambo

Re: Lowlands Festival
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »
I'm currently in the process of writing a proxy program which will make the site believe that im a belgacom user, even though I'm in a different country.

Any idea how long the on demand will stay up for? It could take another day to write the program.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »
No idea... Today is the last day of the concert. I'm sure they will keep the on demand videos for atleast a few more days though. Best of luck to you on the proxy program.

EDIT: You can see some pictures from the performance here

http://www.proximusgoformusic.be/nl/report.php?id=132216
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 05:31:44 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 01:51:34 AM »
well this guy recorded the webcast with his cellphone...lol
think of it as a 56k stream.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=arcamenel
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:06:40 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 02:40:45 AM »
umm, i cannot see HIM link at "on demand" part for adsl.be users... its there?

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 02:52:27 AM »
nope, it's not there...

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 03:15:44 AM »
if they already upload the video must be on http://ms.skynet.be/festivals2006/pukkelpop/hi/ondemand.php?quality=hi&streamlink=http://wm.streampower.be/adsl.be/pukkelpop/concerts/him.wmv
but i cannot know if that file exist or not because i'm not on adsl.be domain
there was a lot of method to record this stream, it was not hidden or protectec so i hope somebody have the chance to recordec, at least the audio

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
HIM at Pukkelpop 2006 thanks to frontpage22 on youtube. It's ripped from the lower quality stream, but sound is excellent and video is decent.

part 1
http://rapidshare.de/files/30000555/pp2006_mix.asf.html

part 2
http://rapidshare.de/files/30084998/pp2006_mix_3_.asf.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 01:12:57 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline sophie143

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »
thank you so much for posting that, it's actually pretty good quality..

Offline The Fallen

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »
I can't download part 1, it says that I have reached my free account or something like that. got anpther link for the first part? I was at the Lowlands festival in first row, they where great.

This is my little review:

The people waiting in line to see HIM where less then normal. Perfect for me to get first row (right in the middle).

The opening-act was Wolfmother, they rocked the place. Perfect rock, everything in balance. After them Orson got to play. They where ok and the singer reminded me of Ville (same cocky attitude, same screams ). The Fun Lovin Criminals next, they sucked in my opinion.

And then HIM came on. They had the chandaliers going`on and a new curtain. As usual the soundcheck was taking too much time. Then they came op and the first thing I noticed was the smile on the face of Ville. He was drunk in a really good way. He smiled a lot during the gig and talked sooooo funny. During Right here in my arms he was telling that he likes how we clapped on the sound of the beat. During another song he was talking about anal sex and at the end he was telling us that time is a fucker, because the wanted to stay on longer. Migé was jumping his ass off, looking like a big monkey. He was brilliant. Giving Gas and Burton the middlefinger and jumping into Linde the whole time . They playd Behing the crimson door, the first time I heard them play that song live (it was my 10th HIM-gig). In It's all tears Ville was singing a chorus a capella, it was beautiful. At the end I got a setlist (my 5th HIM-setlist). This was it:

Soul on fire
Butterfly
Right here
Rose
Join me
Crimson
BABL
Wicked
Killing
Vampire
Tears
Sacrament

It was one of the best gigs I have seen them play

Offline sophie143

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41:47 PM »
I can't download part 1, it says that I have reached my free account or something like that. got anpther link for the first part? I was at the Lowlands festival in first row, they where great.

This is my little review:

The people waiting in line to see HIM where less then normal. Perfect for me to get first row (right in the middle).

The opening-act was Wolfmother, they rocked the place. Perfect rock, everything in balance. After them Orson got to play. They where ok and the singer reminded me of Ville (same cocky attitude, same screams ). The Fun Lovin Criminals next, they sucked in my opinion.

And then HIM came on. They had the chandaliers going`on and a new curtain. As usual the soundcheck was taking too much time. Then they came op and the first thing I noticed was the smile on the face of Ville. He was drunk in a really good way. He smiled a lot during the gig and talked sooooo funny. During Right here in my arms he was telling that he likes how we clapped on the sound of the beat. During another song he was talking about anal sex and at the end he was telling us that time is a fucker, because the wanted to stay on longer. Migé was jumping his ass off, looking like a big monkey. He was brilliant. Giving Gas and Burton the middlefinger and jumping into Linde the whole time . They playd Behing the crimson door, the first time I heard them play that song live (it was my 10th HIM-gig). In It's all tears Ville was singing a chorus a capella, it was beautiful. At the end I got a setlist (my 5th HIM-setlist). This was it:

Soul on fire
Butterfly
Right here
Rose
Join me
Crimson
BABL
Wicked
Killing
Vampire
Tears
Sacrament

It was one of the best gigs I have seen them play

it gave me that too wait a day and then try it again, It sounds like you had a great time...  Lucky to see them live.... 

Offline RStrauss1111

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »
thanks for that vid...very good show and sharing

Offline HIM

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 01:08:59 PM »
I'm back from the festival and a small vacation.

HIM was great, but it wasn't the show I enjoyed the most. Maybe because it was a festival. HIM played very well and every bandmembers was in a good mood.
Pictures and a small review will come. I've found some other reviews, but I will post it later.

Strange that there wasn't a stream from Lowlands. But thanks for the trying.

I tried to record the gig, with a MP3player, but you can't hear a thing, only when Ville is talking and the keyboardintros like The Sacrament.
If there is someone who can clean it up (I don't so, but I hope), I will send it. The file is in .wav
But because I though that there would be an A+ recording I didn't care about the recording. I was in the front row.
But if someone wants to give it a try, PM me. Maybe better then nothing.

Offline valos_lover

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
Thanks lastxcallforsin for links much appreciated  ;)

Offline r@zorbl@de

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »
HIM at Pukkelpop 2006 thanks to frontpage22 on youtube. It's ripped from the lower quality stream, but sound is excellent and video is decent.

part 1
http://rapidshare.de/files/30000555/pp2006_mix.asf.html

part 2
http://rapidshare.de/files/30084998/pp2006_mix_3_.asf.html

nice, thank you!
...love's the only war worth dying for...

Love_Metal616

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
It was fun to read this topic again and how some people were trying to recording the show. Since i was at the festival, i couldn't say it was fun, it was dramatic. Bad sound, bad performance...But at the end, HIM was on Lowlands! :D
The performance on Lowlands 2 years later, was actually pretty awesome btw.