Author Topic: Live DVD?  (Read 15407 times)

Offline Drewbob

Live DVD?
« on: July 01, 2006, 08:31:01 AM »
Artmania Festival & DVD

The concert that will be at Piata Mare in Sibiu on July 15 is awaited! HIM will film the whole show for a DVD wich will contain both live scenes and scenes from the medieval city in the heart of Transilvania. For this, the Warner Music prepared a 40 member equip! In an exclusive interview for the rumanian fans, Ville Vallo said that HIM are going to offer to the public a unique show, with a special stage designing, projections and fireworks to enphatize the beauty of the place wich is very suitable for the band´s image!

from h-i-m666.com sounds pretty sweet eh?

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
Re: Live DVD?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:59:20 AM »
WOW ;D

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »
very cool indeed!!!
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:23 AM »
And knowing HIM we should get some special packaging or something like that :) should be really nice

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
The website link and information about the DVD (nothing new)

Here you can hear and read an interview with Ville
And download the file here

Offline Bender Bending R.

• Assistant Manager of Sales, Cerveza, Por favor!
  • Associate
    • .:HIM - The Complete Discography :.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 12:28:13 PM »
ville told to the h-i-m666.com webmaster that the release of the dvd must be next xmas (during santandersummerfestival)

Offline province

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »
Ah, splendid news. I think it's interesting that they're shooting a festival gig since they usually seem to be more fond of the club gigs with a more intimate atmosphere. I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.

Hope it all works out well and as planned!

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 05:00:01 PM »
Any chance this is gonna be released in the states?

Offline Palladium

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »
Finally, some really good news  :)

I hope that they also have a special setlist (with rarely played songs), beside the stage design and stuff...

Supervixen

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »
That's great. It's high time for them to release a new DVD. What a better context to put on it then their current tour :D

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 01:09:33 AM »
its about time they put out a live dvd, is the san antonio going to have a dvd also? pr ne a special feature
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 07:04:51 PM »
I hope this doesn't turn into another "Live Metal."

All I can say is that they better do a unique set. If I hear the same god damn songs live again, I just might snap.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »
I highly doubt there gonna do anything different setwise. More then likely it's going to be the same set they played during the US tour and all their other recent festivals. I'm just wondering if their gonna put the whole show on dvd or just a select handful like alot of other bands do with their live dvds.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:20:49 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 12:48:15 AM »
It'll be a mix of old and new songs - what else is possible Stevie?! :P

yeah some of the death is in love with us and prelude to tragety stuff. please dont let it go and beautiful would be tight too.
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline villekiss

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 02:13:32 AM »
Besides The liive concert from Sibiu they`ll put on dvd images os the medieval city sibiu ...and Ville said in that interviu thata it`s going to be a unique show ..i`m so anxious they`ll come here ..i`m counting the days :)12 days :)
H.I.M. !!! rocks !!!

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
It'll be a mix of old and new songs - what else is possible Stevie?! :P

How about a different mix of old and new songs?

I for one know I'm not the only person that is sick to death of hearing the same few songs at every show. They have 5+ albums of stuff to choose from, there is no need to play Join Me and Poison Girl anymore.

I mean honestly, are you telling me that no one in the band remembers how to play For You, or Salt In Our Wounds?

.....[/endRant]

Offline province

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
In several interviews Ville has said that they play the songs they think people wanna hear... They observe the audience and based on their reactions they decide what songs to include in their setlist. Seems like a good idea but I think it often gives them the wrong idea of what to play. Like, people seem to go bananas every time they hear the beginning keyboard part of Join Me and start cheering like crazy. Why - I have no idea, the reasons for that are beyond me. Maybe it's an unconscious reaction or maybe they just like hearing it at every gig, go figure. Personally I wouldn't mind if they quit playing it for good.

And I also remember the last time I saw them at a concert. It made me oh so happy to hear them play Poison Heart but it seemed like most of the crowd could have cared less for that particular song. The songs that made them cheer the loudest were indeed the most predictable ones.

So I think part of the reason why they play the same songs over and over is because the majority of the audience keeps giving them the wrong impression.

edit: And yes, I call it "the wrong impression" just cause I don't like it. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 07:04:05 PM by province »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »
Well they play what the majority of the audience wants to hear. Which are the biggest hits along with some Dark Light. Since Dark Light the bands setlist has composed of

01. Soul On Fire
02. Under The Rose
03. Right Here In My Arms
04. Wicked Game
05. Behind The Crimson Door
06. Join Me
07. It's All Tears
08. Rip Out The Wings of a Butterfly
09. Razorblade Kiss
10. Play Dead
11. Your Sweet 666
12. Killing Loneliness
13. Poison Girl
14. The Sacrament
15. Vampire Heart
16. Buried Alive By Love
17. Solitary Man
18. Poison Heart
19. In Joy And Sorrow
20. Funeral Of Hearts
21. Black Sabbath
22. Frozen

I can pretty much guarantee you the setlist of the show will be 12-17 songs from that list. The official DVD will more then likely be a selected handful of those songs and not the complete show. It will probably also contain the Wings of a Butterfly and Killing Loneliness videos. Maybe their third single if the video is out in time.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:10:41 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 06:53:13 PM »
Maybe it's going to be a Love Metal Archives Vol II
With a Dark Light era with clips and the making of, concerts (RaR for example with the stuff Bam filmed, Sibiu with the city footage) and more (I hope never seen before) stuff

I guess they will play the 'normal' songs, maybe a song they don't play that much.
If you are not so much a HIM fan, and you want to buy a DVD from the band, do you buy a DVD with songs you don't know or with the songs you know like JM, WG and RHIMA?
I hope they will have some different songs, but if you haven't heard/seen DL songs live, a DVD is a nice chance. So I guess they will go for an normal setlist.

And I hope the footage will be about the city and HIM, not Bam jumping around, but that is another discussion
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:55:46 PM by Harker »

Supervixen

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 07:04:13 PM »
Maybe it's going to be a Love Metal Archives Vol II

Yeah, maybe, but I think that if they plan to release a DVD with that name, they should wait to have as much music videos to put on it as Vol.1 has. Anyway, you have a good point, there should be Vol.2, if not, then why they made Vol.1?

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »
Are they playing all of "Black Sabbath?" Or is it just the jam?

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 04:04:09 AM »
Dark Light??? I was hoping for Under The Rose, Behind The Crimson Door, or Vampire Heart to be the next single. Even Play Dead would have been a better choice... Dark Light is by far my least favorite song on the cd. Oh well... It will be cool to see it performed live though. Where did you get all this information?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:08:35 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:11 AM »
I'm dissapointed in their choice for the next single, but still looking forward to the video. Thanks for the info!

Offline Danny

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 05:18:20 AM »
Realeasing Dark Light as a singel is a disaster that song is so far away from singel material as possible. They should rather realse behind the crimson door as a singel. That song is more "radio friendly" and it`s actually a good song.

And Ville says that he looks at the crowds reaction and that`s how they chose their setlist, but are they gonna play the same set until the next album comes out? Just two years ago at least it was some surprises. when i was at hultsfred(2004) they played "Death is in love with us" and "Bury me deep inside your heart" and at rusirock(2005) they played pretending. Pretty rare song these days.
seems like they are afraid to try out new things :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 08:31:33 PM by Danny »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 06:33:54 AM »
I hope the DVD will include the entire show. They could have problems with Black Sabbath and Madonna over rights to their songs, they would have to pay royalties to them, or they could choose a different song to end on, Dark Light would be a nice ender.

I also hope the director doesn't go crazy with special effects. That really ruined DVDs such as "Soulmates Never Die."

Special features will most probably be the WOAB, KL (both?) and DL videos. And maybe a "making of the dvd."