Author Topic: What are you listening to? V  (Read 205709 times)

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
Re: What are you listening to? V
« Reply #1225 on: May 23, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »
Yes! I liked the Portuguese song! Very different from the more typical ESC stuff.

I have to say though, Salvador left a bad impression on me with his little speech. Maybe I misunderstood what he was trying to say but to me he sounded really quite elitist and pretentious. Don't be too quick to judge other people's music. And apart from that, there is nothing wrong with fun, happy, entertaining music. Not everything needs to be serious. Let people have some fun, the news are bad enough.
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #1226 on: July 22, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
Check out Wintersun's new album "The Forest Seasons"

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:11:19 PM by Inferno »

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #1227 on: July 23, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »

I love Billy Talent. I can't even say how much. They basically saved my life a couple years ago and then kinda did it again this year. Literally changed my life.

Also Ben just killed me with his tiny speech at Deichbrand. Could I thank only one musician/band for all they've done and tell them how much it means to me, it would certainly be them, no question.

Anyway, listen to their latest album, it's great.
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1228 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »
Musta Paraati - came across an old recording from april 2001 from Tavastia when there was a tribute and Ville sang two songs by this band. Actually quite good. I wonder if anyone from you guys have the full discography so i could copy mp3 to the phone to listen at the work?

Offline Jay

« Reply #1229 on: January 01, 2018, 05:31:56 PM »
As sad as I am for HIM to die, this made today better. A good song with a great message.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:35:38 PM by Jay »

Offline roger valo

• Mobbed Up
  • In joy and sorrow my home is in your arms
« Reply #1230 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »
Loong time not coming here.. Now im listgening to Icon and the black roses again. remember they exist like 2 days ago. Great band, Thanks Miltos :P
Cuantas veces??? Cuantas veces sea necesario

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1231 on: January 17, 2018, 11:11:13 PM »
The Dark Element self titled album. For those who don't know, it's fronted by former Nightwish singer Anette Olzon and Jani Liimatainen from Sonata Arctica. If you liked Anette Olzon's version of NW, you'll love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tHdSv9TmdI&list=PL8a8cutYP7fr6-7xZBb7k2VPQo169OfgW
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1232 on: March 13, 2018, 02:53:49 AM »
This song is an amazing gem. Don't know why I never found it sooner. It's exactly the kind of sound I want to hear right now... And doesn't it kind of remind you guys of something ::) Coincidence?

~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Kir

« Reply #1233 on: March 13, 2018, 03:51:36 AM »
Timeless band. Still waiting to give a listen to their well received last album.

HIM use to be compared with them in the beginnings here in Europe, along TON and The Cult.

I have been listening a lot their album Children the last week. "Love me to death" from their first album also had that HIM atmosphere, specially with the intro that was removed on the first release.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:52:31 AM by Kir »

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #1234 on: March 20, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »
Just gonna put some sexy hairliciousness right here. Yes, hairliciousness is now a word. Discovered these guys a little while ago. I feel like these guys could have been so much more popular if this had come out in the 80's. They are still going at it though, respect.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1235 on: September 29, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
This is a pretty big longshot, but does anyone remember a band back around the mid-2000s called Feiled? I believe they were from Finland. They were one of the many bands back then trying to capitalize off of HIM's success. Got signed to a label and released a couple of albums but never really went anywhere. They weren't very good, quite honestly, but they had this one song that I really liked called Lost, but specifically the EP version of it which I can't find anywhere. I can find the album version no problem, but it sucks compared to what I remember about the other version. Does anyone here have that or possibly know someone who does/might? I've been wanting to listen to it for forever now. I tried using the Wayback Machine and found a download for it on their website where I originally got it from, but the links are dead.

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #1236 on: September 29, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »
I actually just started listening to Nightwish and I think they're pretty good.  Although what I've heard so far is with a new singer, I like it a lot

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1237 on: October 02, 2018, 07:15:11 AM »
I just got the new Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers compilation so I've been listening to the unreleased material. Great stuff as always. Can't wait ubtil the Wildflowers anniversary/special edition so I can hopefully hear the original version of Dreams Of Flying.

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #1238 on: October 03, 2018, 03:35:56 PM »
Metal-wise, HIM of course - a custom mix CD I made, which pretty much hasn't left my stereo since I bought it.  Also Disturbed, Sonata Arctica, and Leaves' Eyes (their latest album is good, but I really miss Liv Kristine)!  Non- metal, I've been listening to AWOLNATION and Foster the People a lot.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #1239 on: October 07, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »
Look what I discovered today lol! Why is it that nobody told me this kind of stuff existed?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:52:45 PM by KissTheVoid »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1240 on: October 11, 2018, 01:49:35 AM »
That's super old lol.

I've been listening to Gunship's new album. Kat Von D is on this one.

The Midnight has a new album out too if you're into this kind of music.
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #1241 on: October 11, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
I was just introduced to The Midnight pretty recently. I think Lost Boy is alright on the new one. Otherwise I like Vampires and Days of Thunder.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1242 on: October 19, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »
new Musta Paraati album is out !!!! with Jyrki 69 of The 69 Eyes on vocals! Album is in English!
https://louderthanwar.com/listen-musta-paraati-album/

i think its fucking fantastic! As far as Musta Paraati goes i am absolutely fine without HIM and without Daniel Lioneye too

Is Daniel Lioneye dead too? I suppose it is.

Offline Night Shade

« Reply #1243 on: October 20, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
I just got the new Disturbed album yesterday, and I am loving it.  It got kind of mixed reviews, but personally I think it's awesome.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no Melancholy" - Charles Baudelaire

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1244 on: October 21, 2018, 05:01:03 AM »
I'm only two songs in on that Mustard Paradise album, but I'm really digging it. With Jyrki on vocals it sounds more like The 69 Eyes than The 69 Eyes themselves have sounded in the past ten years. So far so good.

The problem I have with albums is that I find a song I like and listen to it over and over again. In this case, I really enjoy Animosity. It just so happens to be the first track on the album. I've listened to the second one just from letting it go on after the first song finishes, but it'll probably take me a year (not exaggerating) to listen to the entire thing as more than just background noise that I'm not really paying attention to just because I didn't shut the music off. I don't know if that's a good thing a song is so good that I get stuck on it or bad that I never listen to the rest of an album for months. It can be kind of cool, though, when you discover another song on the album all that time later that's also great. It was hiding there all along and you just never realized it. Breathes new life into something old and makes it feel brand new again. I still discover songs on albums that have been out for forever and I've had for the longest time that I've just never listened to all of yet.

Am I the only one who does that? I imagine most people listen to an album all the way through at least once whenever they first get it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:56:07 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1245 on: October 24, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »
Animosity to me sounds like it was some B-side from The Cure album Disintegration which is like one of the best albums of all times in the history of music. Jyrki on vocals was a great step, but switching from Finnish to English is a pure business step towards the abroad audience. That means that they could play somewhere nearby Slovakia so i look forward and wait
This album is good yeah, for the first time listeners and new fans it is a nice "69 eyes album", but when i look at the first album and compare songs like Romanssi, Jää or Ennustus i dont know .... my feeling is that 2015 EP with Uudet juhlat and Uusi musta that these two songs are Musta Paraati but heavier and less post-punk-y, Herra Ylppö was great with them
Somehow for the Musta Paraati i feel sad because 2015 EP was superb, with only 2 songs it was fucking amazing. Herra Ylppö fits better to Musta Paraati than Jyrki and Musta Paraati should be in finnish.
I mean i am happy with the result of the new album but it is somehow The 69 Eyes.....
lets wait for the tour and setlist, i wonder if they will play old songs like they are , that means in Finnish. It will be very ODD that half of the performance will be in English and other half in Finnish.

i wonder how would this album sounded if it was Ville on vocals and the lyrics were in finnish.....

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1246 on: October 24, 2018, 03:25:20 PM »
Disintegration is awesome. Listening to Fascination Street on a pair of Sennheiser HD800s is amazing.

Spending $1000 on a pair of headphones might sound ridiculous, and it kinda is I can't lie, but I urge anyone if you ever have some extra dough saved up to get a pair or something comparable. It'll blow your mind how good a properly mastered album with high dynamic range sounds. It's truly amazing, just a pain in the ass to have to hook them up to an amp every time you want to use them. Cumbersome, but worth it in the end to experience music like that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:28:48 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1247 on: October 25, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
Disintegration is awesome. Listening to Fascination Street on a pair of Sennheiser HD800s is amazing.

Spending $1000 on a pair of headphones might sound ridiculous, and it kinda is I can't lie, but I urge anyone if you ever have some extra dough saved up to get a pair or something comparable. It'll blow your mind how good a properly mastered album with high dynamic range sounds. It's truly amazing, just a pain in the ass to have to hook them up to an amp every time you want to use them. Cumbersome, but worth it in the end to experience music like that.

Monoprice Monolith M1060 + True-Fi = God-mode on a budget. I'm using it with a Sound Blaster X7 with some Supreme Sound Opamp V5's from Burson Audio.
[/

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1248 on: October 25, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
I've never heard of those particular headphones before, but I see there's a lot of good reviews for them.

Have you tried a pair of 800s? Man, it's not just hype. I'm sure there's a lot of good sets nowadays that sound perfectly fine and are good enough, though. My cousin (not knowing I had them and after attempting to convert him into an “audiophile”) went out and spent a couple to a few hundred on a mid-level pair of Sennheisers and thought they were the greatest things ever. He couldn't stop talking and bragging about them. Before that he could never imagine spending that much on headphones, but he noticed the difference and thought they were amazing. I brought over my 800s and he couldn't believe just how much they blew his pair away like they were a toy. I think I sorta ruined his good time he was having and he actually started to hate his headphones after that lol.

The only thing that bugs me is that the HD800S came out literally right after I got my pair so I felt sorta jipped in a way. Like these were the best and I paid for the best but now these are somehow better? And I know they're technically not the best headphones money can buy out there, but they're the best “common man” set more or less.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:36:05 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Kir

« Reply #1249 on: October 25, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
I agree. A good pair of headphones or iems are a must if you pretend to get as much as posible from the music you love.

My everyday IEMs are a 2017 model of Ultimate Ears 18+ Pro connected through balanced to a Sony WM1A.

For desktop and office I use the good old HD650.