Author Topic: What are you listening to? V  (Read 206956 times)

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
Re: What are you listening to? V
« Reply #1200 on: June 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM »

Esoterik - Necrodancer
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1201 on: June 24, 2016, 07:12:30 PM »
RHCP - The Getaway

i gave a lot of chances to this album. RHCP is a special group for me, on of my most favorites, but honestly this is by far one of their worst albums... if not the worst one
I really tried to find every great thing on that album and thought that it will grow on me , but no  - only one solid good RHCP song on it - Go Robot, than nothing... The Getaway is the second and the last fine song but worse than Go Robot ,  the rest of the songs are just not well songs....
the songs are not shit in general, but not good either. The lack of Frusciante´s creativity is very noticable. Frusciante was a main part of their songwriting process and the songs were completely different. Josh is a great guitar player without any doubt but Frusciante was a top notch song writer too.

I was also waiting for a new Blink 182 album, but so far after what they already shared on the youtube i wont bother buying or even listening to it. It was bad, without Tom DeLonge it is not Blink anymore. That replacement for a Tom was a terrible terrible move by Mark- yeah maybe Mark needed money or wanted to keep the legacy of Blink alive, but lol that new singer/guitarist is fucking unlistenable for me, i cant stand his voice, he is a  lousy performer.... I want Tom DeLonge back

This year will be so poor for a good albums for me :( i hope we will get some new Danny Lioneye info soon and possibly new album too :(

But if there are any Black Metal fans - check out the latest Peste Noire album!!!!! Fucking BRILLIANT!

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #1202 on: June 28, 2016, 10:17:58 AM »
Tarja - The Brightest Void EP

Didn't even know this had come out. I'm so far removed from everything now, I have no idea when my favorite artists are putting anything out anymore on account of getting married and having a baby...sort of takes all my time! In any case, I'm enjoying this EP so far, looking forward to the album in August!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsQSrYI3qG4cXQQsMW2CqgBR9zyZBWcNi
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline MartaM

« Reply #1203 on: June 28, 2016, 04:41:03 PM »
"Every time we touch we get closer to heaven
And at every sunrise our sins are forgiven
You on my skin this must be the end
The only way you can love me is to hurt me again..."

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1204 on: July 11, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
Blink 182 - California  ..... 0/10 - terrible shit. Music "1/10", Lyrics "-5/10".... missing Tom DeLonge "0/10", Matt Skiba "0/10" .... I would say that this new Blink 182 band is just a terrible waste of Travis Barker´s talent and skills - he is a flawless drummer but he should be playing with something better than this new Blink 182 line-up... I dont even consider this Blink 182 , i dont love Tom DeLonge or anything, he cant sing live and i think he is wasting his talents on UFOs and shits , he should be doing music like Box Car Racer. These guys screwed it all up....
I disliked all the songs on the album  :D

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1205 on: August 03, 2016, 08:07:26 AM »
I want to marry the shit out of this girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2AqeH1GPs4

(I forgot how to post YouTube videos.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:17:33 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1206 on: September 25, 2016, 01:25:06 AM »
This is just so awesome for some reason lol.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:35:27 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1207 on: November 03, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
So my sister took me to a The Pretty Reckless concert in Houston, TX the other day and the band that opened for them was pretty fucking amazing. They got an old-school rock'n'roll sound, but what made it so good was the sound. I don't think I've ever heard a band sound so good... they must have one hell of a sound tech or whatever cause everything was perfect. The drums and bass hit hard and the guitar was loud, but the vocals were crystal clear and loud as well... It was a very unique experience. Anyways, enough about that, here's a couple songs that I like the most...

If anyone is interested I purchased their latest EP (CD) and the above Black Cold Love (Vinyl) if you want some rips.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:42:32 PM by Inferno »
[/

Offline SilverLiningBE

« Reply #1208 on: November 04, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
"This video is not available" for both videos :(
But I live in Belgium, that could be the reason...

Anyway, wow, currently listening "Cold Black Love" directly from their website (http://www.themevils.com/music) and that's just really excellent!

Big thank you for the discovery :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:52:34 AM by SilverLiningBE »
"Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi, you just can't do it..." - Ville Valo

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1209 on: November 04, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
They're not currently signed, but I think they may get signed by Razor & Tie cause they're currently touring with Holy White Hounds and The Pretty Reckless who are signed by them.
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1210 on: January 30, 2017, 03:21:53 AM »
via Varg Vikernes on the youtube i just discovered The Cure - Disintegration.
well, i wish i could describe it properly, but i dont know the right wordto it, it is very inspiring, calming, beautiful, awesome.

Offline PTEraser

• Goodfella
  • Cafone
  • just fear for the best and hope for the worst
« Reply #1211 on: January 30, 2017, 06:23:36 AM »
via Varg Vikernes on the youtube i just discovered The Cure - Disintegration.
well, i wish i could describe it properly, but i dont know the right wordto it, it is very inspiring, calming, beautiful, awesome.

Really. That album has to be one of the best records ever.
2000/08/23 - 2000/12/06 - 2001/11/09 - 2003/07/18 - 2004/02/08  -2006/03/02 -2017/06/17

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1212 on: January 30, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »
Varg listed it #1 non-metal album that influenced Burzum. So i checked it as i was curious. I am amazed, it is great, seriously i have no words. Well , released in 1989...., that only confirms that the best music was in 80´s.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1213 on: January 30, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »
I have a vinyl rip of that album if you want it. Not my doing, but it's a good rip.
[/

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #1214 on: February 10, 2017, 12:34:25 AM »
Recently I've been listening everything from Wednesday 13, and I love that shit. I remember hearing some Murderdolls songs years ago, but did not pay much attention to them back then for some reason.
I don't know how the lyrics are meant to be taken but I find them very humorous :-)
Very excited about Wednesday's upcoming album Condolences (April 2017).

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #1215 on: February 11, 2017, 09:33:53 PM »
Recently I've been listening everything from Wednesday 13, and I love that shit. I remember hearing some Murderdolls songs years ago, but did not pay much attention to them back then for some reason.
I don't know how the lyrics are meant to be taken but I find them very humorous :-)
I just saw them on the undead unplugged show in nyc last month, definitely looking forward to the new album as well met them after the show and all roman kept saying is its their best one yet and can't wait for everyone to hear it
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:35:50 PM by vampireheart616 »
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #1216 on: March 24, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
I just saw them on the undead unplugged show in nyc last month, definitely looking forward to the new album as well met them after the show and all roman kept saying is its their best one yet and can't wait for everyone to hear it

New video from Wed 13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpiIZfmBb4

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1217 on: March 27, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »
With all the talk going on about Love Metal demos and such I listened to the album today and it was great. To be honest, it may surprise a lot of you to know that I don't remember the last time I actually listened to a HIM song because when new stuff comes out it's all I listen to for months and I have to take a break. I don't get an urge to listen to them as much as I used to, but I also never refuse to listen to it when I happen to play any of their music.
[/

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #1218 on: April 24, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »

I love this so much
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1219 on: April 26, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
This guy is pure gold... I haven't found a single song that I don't like.
[/

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1220 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:14 AM »
Anyone listen to the new CKY song yet? Wasn't sure what to expect, but it's pretty damn good. If it doesn't hit you right away, give it a couple more tries. It should grow on you. Well worth the wait. It's been quite a long time since I've been excited for any album to come out, but I'm pumped for this one. The absence of Deron is hardly even noticeable outside of not hearing his vocals. Everything else is CKY as you would hope/expect. Should be a fantastic album.

It's weird to be posting on a HIM forum in 2017 as they get ready to go on their farewell tour about a CKY return and their new single. Funny how things work out, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:39:45 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1221 on: May 05, 2017, 07:36:03 AM »
Maybe few years from now some CKY fan on CKY forum, page will write the same about HIM return and new song and album
We are blessed that we experienced, enjoyed and "lived" HIM

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #1222 on: May 10, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
My latest discovery after surfing through bands on Spotify.
https://youtu.be/

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #1223 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:55 AM »
I adore Eurovision. It's not my ususal taste in music but it's Eurovision. It's the absolute best glitter sparkle fest of weird.
I really liked Belgium's entry this year:

There's an official music video version as well but I posted this one with the weird performance because the lights are pretty and the dress is pretty and I'm So Ready to take her hand because Blanche is also very pretty looking lost and like she's about to cry
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline AndreRibeiroPT

« Reply #1224 on: May 23, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »
And for the first time my country, Portugal, won the Eurovision!!  ;D  ;D  ;D Such a pretty and sentimental song...

Beside Portuguese song, the only one that I enjoyed was from Denmark. What a great and powerful voice... The rest was a bit like Salvador Sobral said in the end, "fast-food music"  ;D
"...I am dead to you, a shadow doomed
My love, forever in the dark
And of all untruths the truest is you
Too close to my heart..."