Author Topic: What are you listening to? V  (Read 206971 times)

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
Re: What are you listening to? V
« Reply #1150 on: December 12, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
It's such a beautiful song. I like cello a lot. <3

Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1151 on: January 13, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
Mitsaldo Him (I guess that's the name) - Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart (Unplugged Instrumental)

I normally despise most HIM covers, but this one - while extremely simple and straightforward, is really fucking good. I've listened to it countless times and it never gets old. If you haven't heard it yet, you need to check it out.

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1152 on: January 14, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »
David Bowie's final album, Blackstar. It's a really good album, and such a wonderful parting gift. I'm partial to the track Girl Loves Me, maybe because of the use of Nadsat, but also because it's got rich dark tones that give me chills.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1153 on: January 15, 2016, 03:43:43 AM »
RIP Bowie Bulge
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1154 on: January 15, 2016, 04:08:14 AM »
The new 69 Eyes song Jet Fighter Plane. Jyrki's voice sounds strange, and not very good quite frankly, but hopefully it's just a case of the way he sang for this particular song. Other than that, it sounds like old school Blessed Be/Paris Kills 69 Eyes with Johnny Lee Michaels back producing, and that's awesome.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #1155 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:37 AM »
Yeah, I listened to it yesterday too. Pretty cool. Jyrki sings indeed strange, but I think the vocals could be a little louder. Just a little. The song is an ok single, but I hope the songs on the actual album would be even better.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1156 on: January 15, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
He doesn't sound that different to me. If anything he's actually singing rather than just using his super deep voice like in Borderline. Anyways, I can't believe it's been 3 years since X came out lol.
[/

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1157 on: January 29, 2016, 07:24:42 PM »
I wish these guys would come together again and put out another album.
[/

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1158 on: January 31, 2016, 12:49:26 AM »
Been going old school and updating my music collection with bands from old lol. I'm all set with To/Die/For, Entwine, & Reflexion. I'm finding some great new stuff in the process. Here's an album consisting of multiple artists which is actually really good. It's called Full Nothing and even the trailer for it gets me amped.
[/

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #1159 on: April 02, 2016, 12:32:07 AM »
I discovered this when I was listening to that group, Icon and the Black Roses, that you recommended @Inferno. Between that group and this one and who knows what else I may happen upon on the sidebar as Youtube recommendations, my mind is officially blown for the day, maybe a week.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1160 on: April 06, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
The 69 Eyes - Dolce Vita

Decent song, but I don't like the mix. Jyrki's vocals are too loud and it just seems like there's something missing from the song that would've brought it up another notch, as well as sounding just overall too sterile.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:45:12 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
  • The son of rage and love
« Reply #1161 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
666WTLOnVinylFTW, is it out yet?

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1162 on: April 06, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »
The music video? No, not yet, I don't think. It wasn't available the last time I looked. The new Sonic Seducer came with an EP of Jet Fighter Plane and Dolce Vita. That's how I got to listen to it.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1163 on: April 07, 2016, 04:27:24 AM »
It is out...
[/

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1164 on: April 07, 2016, 04:30:54 AM »
The 69 Eyes - Dolce Vita

Decent song, but I don't like the mix. Jyrki's vocals are too loud and it just seems like there's something missing from the song that would've brought it up another notch, as well as sounding just overall too sterile.
Yeah, it's missing some melody... it's like someone it just mashing keys on the keyboard/piano and there's no flow. The best part is towards the end where it seems to gain what's been missing from the entire song lol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:32:05 AM by Inferno »
[/

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
« Reply #1165 on: April 07, 2016, 05:17:15 AM »
I don't know, guys. As for me, it is a pretty decent song, very typical for 69 eyes, in their style. Not a big hit, but still pretty nice, I guess. But I like it anyway.

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1166 on: April 08, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »
I like it too, it's catchy. :) Best part is from 2:28 on though haha. It's soooooo much better than Jet Fighter Plane, so I'm happy.  ;D
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #1167 on: April 08, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »
The only thing I remember about Jet Fighter Plane is that damn EAM at the beginning. Those tones have always scared the absolute shit out of me; so much so that I'll have the remote ready to mute the TV at a moment's notice if I'm watching something late at night/early in the morning and I have a feeling they're going to be doing their weekly test. Not exactly the kind of impression you want to make with your lead single from your new album. I'm sure I'll forget it's there once again and I'll be listening to the album with my headphones cranked and I'll have a panic attack.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1168 on: April 08, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
I think I like Jet Fighter Plane better, it's more melodic.

The only thing I remember about Jet Fighter Plane is that damn EAM at the beginning. Those tones have always scared the absolute shit out of me; so much so that I'll have the remote ready to mute the TV at a moment's notice if I'm watching something late at night/early in the morning and I have a feeling they're going to be doing their weekly test. Not exactly the kind of impression you want to make with your lead single from your new album. I'm sure I'll forget it's there once again and I'll be listening to the album with my headphones cranked and I'll have a panic attack.

Why does that sound scare you?
[/

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1169 on: April 08, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »
The main thing I remember about Jet Fighter Plane is that the vocals were not so great and very quiet.

Listening to (read: drooling over) this single from Gore to get me to quitting time so I can go home and download it and get my Chino fix!!!

letsmakehope.com

Offline Zhivago

« Reply #1170 on: April 08, 2016, 07:24:10 PM »
GNR in Vegas soon!

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1171 on: April 08, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »
Now listening to Gore in its entirety and my face is melting off it's so fucking goooooooooddddddddd

letsmakehope.com

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1172 on: April 09, 2016, 03:13:06 AM »
The main thing I remember about Jet Fighter Plane is that the vocals were not so great and very quiet.

Listening to (read: drooling over) this single from Gore to get me to quitting time so I can go home and download it and get my Chino fix!!!
The vocals are much more quiet in the other song.
[/

Offline Jay

« Reply #1173 on: April 09, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »
I forgot how awesome this thread was.  I love everyone's recommendations so far.

Here's one I've found only recently...they have a hint of Deftones, as I think they're on the same label.

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
« Reply #1174 on: April 09, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »
I like Lesser Key! But I don't wanna sound rude, but the only thing that cracks me up every time is the vocalist's lisp, just like he's missing his front teeth :D The lyrics and sound are pretty neat though!